happyimmigrant

Montreal - still waiting

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made my bi-weekly call to Montreal today to find out what is going on. According to the timelines here, Montreal hasn't issued an interview date in over a month. Nothing has changed, they said I'm on the waiting list, and they don't know when a date will be issued. The operator was extremly nasty to me on the phone, and when I asked if she had any idea if ANY K-1 dates were being issued, she said "we don't have that information, and I keep telling that to everyone who keeps calling" and hung up on me.

At what point do all of us people being held hostage by Montreal for an interview date do something about it? And just what is it that we do? Vancouver is issuing interview dates six DAYS after checklist receipt. Montreal is at 8 weeks and counting...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Believe Ziggy made a good point. Since the addition of DCF, it has really slowed down MTL. Would be nice if Vancouver took some of that backlog. And one has to take in to consideration how many others applying for K1, k3 cr-1 use VJ. I had not heard of VJ til lright near the end of my cr1 experience. Hopefully you get some good news soon.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

<sigh> :( i check every day for your "i got an interview date!!!" post. this isn't good news.

i'm going to have to start giving notice everywhere eventually. guess at some point i'll pick a date and hope i don't wind up homeless!

k

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrrrrrrrrrr, I can't stand this waiting. If I wasn't here in Alabama I'd be crying like I usually do when I read your posts. Seems like we are in this for the long haul. Guess they decided when they recieved our packet 3's back they'd all go on vacation. It has to be soon it just has to be.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Timeline

Well if nothing else, at least SOMETHING has happened at Montreal: Harding got an interview date of June 8 for her CR-1:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12146

Of course, that's for a CR-1, and the interview date for those is assigned by NVC, not by Montreal. I'd be happy just to see ANY K-1 person get a Montreal date at this point.

:blink: 2 months?? are you kidding me?? thats insane!!! i dont even have my noa2 yet and i was HOPING that once I got that the process would speed up. Now you're telling me Montreal is at a snails pace?? GEEBUS!!!!!!!!!

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Timeline
:blink: 2 months?? are you kidding me?? thats insane!!! i dont even have my noa2 yet and i was HOPING that once I got that the process would speed up. Now you're telling me Montreal is at a snails pace?? GEEBUS!!!!!!!!!

I know. We waited a lot longer than most people here going through Nebraska at the same time for our NOA2. When we finally got the NOA2 back in the beginning of February, we thought; "well, now that THAT is overwith, at least we're past the slow part of this process!" Looking at the speed Montreal was working back then, we figured we'd be be done and together sometime in mid to late April. Little did we know that the consulate part of the process was going to take even longer than the original petition process!

We figured it would take 6-7 months for the entire process, from initial submission to POE crossing, because that's what most people from Canada were experiencing. Assuming we get an interview date in July, it will be 10 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

• Hi guys.
    GSMaclean, I've been folowing your posts regularly, since you are ahead of me in this process, and pro-active. I feel for you, man. This waiting is not normal, and that's the truth.
    CaliDreamer, you know I am rooting for you, since our NOA1 dates are right around each other. I can't believe it's been more than 2 weeks since I got mine, and you're still waiting. So unfair!
    Flames, you're right (as usual), Vancouver should pick up the slack.
    Is there any way some of us could ask that our cases be transferred there? That is actually my intention, but I was wondering if others had done it, and whether they had to provide a "valid" reason, beyond the "frivolous" one of "Montreal is taking too long". I would be willing to spend the extra money to travel to Vancouver, even though I pass by the Montreal consulate every day on my way to work. (Anything to put an end to this endless insanity-causing waiting!)

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

:blink: Somehow I think that is not allowed. I think they would make a big stink about someone wanting to transfer. I can't believe there are ONLY two embassies in all of canada that handle this. Unreal. I'm about fed up with this #######!

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

scott i dont know what else you could do. you cant actually complain. dont want them to hate you. but it's bullsh!t what they are doing, and being rude and stuff. they've got to start moving. geez.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was transfered from Montreal to Vancouver but I had a valid reason because I live in the Vancouver area. The NVC made a mistake and sent my case to Montreal rather than Vancouver. I believe they made the mistake because they looked at where I was born (Quebec) rather than where I live. I have been living in BC for the last 30+ years.

It was easy for the NVC to transfer my case but then again it was their mistake. I wonder if they would transfer people from the east on a request.

Vancouver seems so more organized as well. On their cover letter in Packet 3 it actually says "When communicating with this office, please contact us by email at VancouverK@state.gov or fax us at (604) 685-7175." It is my understanding that Montreal has you mailing in your Packet 3 and what not.

Vancouver is also very quick at responding to your emails.

Sounds like Montreal could really use the help.

Edited by Waiting in Vancouver

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.