LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

some tips found : cr1

2 posts in this topic

-------------------------------------------------

CFO

-------------------------------------------------

REGISTER ONLINE:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/onlineregistrationform.htm

The Commission of Filipinos Overseas (CFO) announces that effective 1 June 2007, attendance to the CFO Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling in Manila will be done by appointment. Clients may reserve a schedule through telephone numbers (63-2) 563-1965 and (63-2) 561-8321 local 103, or through website www.cfo.gov.ph

I went to CFO-PRISM this morning to attend the seminar. Jane was there too.

The guard didn't even asked for my ID.

At the second floor. I gave them photocopies of my NBI, BC, MC and passport and they didn't even asked for my ID and the original documents.

S2 - picture taking and filled-up the forms.

S3 - film showing about a lady on fiance visa who went abroad (married a Dutch) after only a month of exchanging correspondence. She was subjected to abuses- making her pose nude at different locations (mountains with snow). Well, she ended up going back here.

USA Room - group discussions. She discussed about what to bring (hand carry), the do's and don'ts of what to bring, differences of visa category and what to do when we get to the US with those visas. How much buggage/luggage allowed. She did not tackle the types of Abuses. Then she gave us a copy of what was discussed (2 pages).

One-on-One Discussion: She just asked about my profession? If I will be working in the US? How I met my husband? Where and when we got married? Citizenship of my husband's ex-wife? That's it!!!! She didn't asks for more documents/info not even my husband's divorce decree. She's nice and chubby and always smiling.

Went back to the viewing room to wait. After about 10 minutes... I have my YELLOW Certificate!!!

Will just go back to CFO for the green certificate and sticker when I get my visa.

I went to CFO-PRISM this morning to attend the seminar. Jane was there too.

The guard didn't even asked for my ID.

At the second floor. I gave them photocopies of my NBI, BC, MC and passport and they didn't even asked for my ID and the original documents.

S2 - picture taking and filled-up the forms.

S3 - film showing about a lady on fiance visa who went abroad (married a Dutch) after only a month of exchanging correspondence. She was subjected to abuses- making her pose nude at different locations (mountains with snow). Well, she ended up going back here.

USA Room - group discussions. She discussed about what to bring (hand carry), the do's and don'ts of what to bring, differences of visa category and what to do when we get to the US with those visas. How much buggage/luggage allowed. She did not tackle the types of Abuses. Then she gave us a copy of what was discussed (2 pages).

One-on-One Discussion: She just asked about my profession? If I will be working in the US? How I met my husband? Where and when we got married? Citizenship of my husband's ex-wife? That's it!!!! She didn't asks for more documents/info not even my husband's divorce decree. She's nice and chubby and always smiling.

Went back to the viewing room to wait. After about 10 minutes... I have my YELLOW Certificate!!!

Will just go back to CFO for the green certificate and sticker when I get my visa.

Requirements for Registration

Original valid passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph;

One (1) valid identification card with photograph;

Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of the Embassy Certification of Eligibility (for Spain bound C visa holders);

Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

Photocopy of employment contract(for immigrant workers);

Duly completed registration form (downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph);

Payment of P400.00 registration fee ; and

Attendance in the PDOS or peer counseling session;

For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

One(1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy; and

Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children.

Note: After satisfactory completion of the requirements, an emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant's passport

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar Schedule for Emigrants

(CFO Manila)

Destination Country Day Time

United States of America and other countries Mondays to Fridays 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

CFO Manila

Tel. Nos.: (632) 562-3848,

(632) 561-8321

ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

Fax No.: (632) 561-8332

E-mail Add.: info@cfo.gov.ph;

mieo@cfo.gov.ph

CUBAO:

Saint Mary Euphrasia Foundation

center for overseas workers

good shepherd convent

1043 aurora blvd. qc

TAFT:

Citigold center 1345 president quirino

ave. cor south superhighway manila

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.