Army_Wife

** Emilio Gonzales and Paul Novak conversation **

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was given the challenge of writing an invented conversation between Emilio Gonzales (Retired Director of USCIS) and Paul Novak (Director of VSC) by Hurryup, so, I’ve given it a bash in hope that you all find something to laugh about today.

Please be warned that this piece of work is not politically correct in any shape or form, and before any of you get upset about my flippancy with dyslexia, I am dyslexic. However, I’m not blind, so I appologise upfront to all the blind people.

If anyone from USCIS reads this, I hope you have a sense of humour, as all of us on this website have had to develop one to survive your process.

Legal disclaimer: This conversation is purely for entertainment purposes only, and is totally a figment of my own imagination; I hope there is absolutely no truth in it whatsoever.

(P) = Paul Novak

(E) = Emilio Gonzales

(P) Just want to say that your leaving party was amazing .... I cannot believe you flew in Siegfried & Roy and those tigers from Vegas just for the night ...... I can only hope that those pictures of you in your underwear stay private though ..... office parties, you can’t beat them for indescrepancies.

(E) Yes, it was all quite fabulous, I hope you liked my sparkly costume ..... I’m a bit of a wild man though on the Tequila, and I guess it wouldn’t have taken much for me to strip down to my underwear ..... you only live once ...... those fee raises from July really helped our entertainment budget no end, Siegfried & Roy cost a fortune! ..... I nearly slipped on some tiger droppings later when we were all dancing ...... However, if you want to treat your staff to a fantastic blowout at Christmas, you’ll need to cut your expenditure at Vermont .... do you have any ideas as to how you can still keep the profit and loss account looking healthy?

(P) Yes, and I’ve already implemented most of my budget cuts

(E) Wonderful, tell me what you’re up to in Vermont and we’ll see if it’s viable enough to implement in California

(P) Following a shed load of research, I’ve employed a large group of dyslexics and blind people ..... This plan has made such a saving, not only on the cash flow, but on the amount of work we have to do here at Vermont.

(E) This sounds interesting, tell me how it’s working

(P) Well, the dyslexics have been set to work on the I-130’s .... their output is a little off plan as they do seem to keep messing up which pile of files to adjudicate as we go by date ..... One of the poor dyslexics adjudicated two March 2008 files instead of two August 2007’s the other day .... apparently the number 3 and 8 look very alike .... Admittedly, it’s a bit stop and start and a bit confusing for them, but at least they’re cheap to employ due to not realising what the numbers are on their paychecks.

(E) This is good thinking, any other issues with them?

(P) Occasionally they make some typos on the NOA’s, but they know that they are paid case by case, so if they’re slow, it’s not like we are paying for it ..... All in all, it’s working well, though we’ve had to diddle with the dates on the website to cover our arses here.

(E) Nice job Paul, now, tell me about these blind people.

(P) Ah yes, the blind people, this has been the biggest cut on expenditure of all ..... I’ve got them manning the phonelines ..... It’s been a huge saving, as I’ve managed to remove all computing equipment in the area ..... All they do is feel around for the phone when it rings and say what they have been taught, to whoever is calling .... It’s not hard, they’ve just learnt some key phrases about delays and backlogs, and if really pressed by the caller, they direct them to the website processing dates ..... And when it’s really busy, they just ask the caller to call back in a month or 3 months depending on their boredom level ..... It’s great, we hardly get any phonecalls now.

(E) I like it Paul, you should have plenty in the pot for the Christmas party and still manage for Vermont to look good to the new Director of USCIS when he starts ...... do you have a theme chosen for the Christmas party ?

(P) Yes, I was thinking we could all dress up like Pilgrims as it would be great to remember where we all came from .....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was given the challenge of writing an invented conversation between Emilio Gonzales (Retired Director of USCIS) and Paul Novak (Director of VSC) by Hurryup, so, I’ve given it a bash in hope that you all find something to laugh about today.

Please be warned that this piece of work is not politically correct in any shape or form, and before any of you get upset about my flippancy with dyslexia, I am dyslexic. However, I’m not blind, so I appologise upfront to all the blind people.

If anyone from USCIS reads this, I hope you have a sense of humour, as all of us on this website have had to develop one to survive your process.

Legal disclaimer: This conversation is purely for entertainment purposes only, and is totally a figment of my own imagination; I hope there is absolutely no truth in it whatsoever.

(P) = Paul Novak

(E) = Emilio Gonzales

(P) Just want to say that your leaving party was amazing .... I cannot believe you flew in Siegfried & Roy and those tigers from Vegas just for the night ...... I can only hope that those pictures of you in your underwear stay private though ..... office parties, you can’t beat them for indescrepancies.

(E) Yes, it was all quite fabulous, I hope you liked my sparkly costume ..... I’m a bit of a wild man though on the Tequila, and I guess it wouldn’t have taken much for me to strip down to my underwear ..... you only live once ...... those fee raises from July really helped our entertainment budget no end, Siegfried & Roy cost a fortune! ..... I nearly slipped on some tiger droppings later when we were all dancing ...... However, if you want to treat your staff to a fantastic blowout at Christmas, you’ll need to cut your expenditure at Vermont .... do you have any ideas as to how you can still keep the profit and loss account looking healthy?

(E) Wonderful, tell me what you’re up to in Vermont and we’ll see if it’s viable enough to implement in California

(P) Following a shed load of research, I’ve employed a large group of dyslexics and blind people ..... This plan has made such a saving, not only on the cash flow, but on the amount of work we have to do here at Vermont.

(P) Well, the dyslexics have been set to work on the I-130’s .... their output is a little off plan as they do seem to keep messing up which pile of files to adjudicate as we go by date ..... One of the poor dyslexics adjudicated two March 2008 files instead of two August 2007’s the other day .... apparently the number 3 and 8 look very alike .... Admittedly, it’s a bit stop and start and a bit confusing for them, but at least they’re cheap to employ due to not realising what the numbers are on their paychecks.

(P) Occasionally they make some typos on the NOA’s, but they know that they are paid case by case, so if they’re slow, it’s not like we are paying for it ..... All in all, it’s working well, though we’ve had to diddle with the dates on the website to cover our arses here.

(P) Ah yes, the blind people, this has been the biggest cut on expenditure of all ..... I’ve got them manning the phonelines ..... It’s been a huge saving, as I’ve managed to remove all computing equipment in the area ..... All they do is feel around for the phone when it rings and say what they have been taught, to whoever is calling .... It’s not hard, they’ve just learnt some key phrases about delays and backlogs, and if really pressed by the caller, they direct them to the website processing dates ..... And when it’s really busy, they just ask the caller to call back in a month or 3 months depending on their boredom level ..... It’s great, we hardly get any phonecalls now.

(E) I like it Paul, you should have plenty in the pot for the Christmas party and still manage for Vermont to look good to the new Director of USCIS when he starts ...... do you have a theme chosen for the Christmas party ?

(P) Yes, I was thinking we could all dress up like Pilgrims as it would be great to remember where we all came from .....

Oh my dear god, that was hilarious. I was in the middle of reading it when the phone rang at work - not very professional to answer the phone when I am snickering uncontrollably!!

USCIS

August 16, 2007: Filed 1-130 at VSC for CR-1 Visa

December 21, 2007: NOA1 issued (I-130 now at CSC)

February 27, 2008: NOA2 issued

NVC

March 07, 2008: NVC case # received

March 26, 2008: Fee bills arrive

April 01, 2008: Fee bills paid

April 11, 2008: NVC processes fee bill payments

April 24, 2008: AOS and DS-230 requests arrive from NVC

May 13, 2008: Completed AOS and DS-230 packages sent to NVC

May 23, 2008: RFE for Police Certificate (even though all original docs were sent!)

June 30, 2008: Checklist Letter Response received at NVC (new documents)

July 8, 2008: Case complete

July 16, 2008: Case forwarded to Consulate

US CONSULATE - RIO DE JANEIRO

July 22, 2008: Case arrives at Consulate

July 24, 2008: Medical Exam

August 14, 2008: INTERVIEW! Visa issued!

August 18, 2008: Received immigrant visa and document package via DHL

January 16, 2009: Enter US at LAX POE

1-751 JOINT PETITION

November 5, 2010: Mailed file for 1-751 Removal of Conditions

November 6, 2010: Petition package arrival at CSC [check cashed on 11/10/10]

November 12, 2010: NOA1 received

December 14, 2010: Biometrics appointment

February 11, 2011: Approval of Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

(P) = Paul Novak

(E) = Emilio Gonzales

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sarah, this is the greatest work from you ! Oh my gosh, I still can't stop laughing on it, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :rofl:

I liked so many things here - like standard phrases, slipping on tiger droppings etc. :rofl: You're great !

I heard one more thing - Paul is going to add another 3,000 blinds and possibly another fee hike to enjoy this upcoming Christmas :lol:

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

LOL

Really good stuff.

I love the blinds the best.

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Timeline

I read it again and started laughing again :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If E or P will read it, they will attempt to suicide :lol:

NVC

Consulate

Timeline

I read it again and started laughing again :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If E or P will read it, they will attempt to suicide :lol:

Latest news... E is trying to suicide...

NVC

Consulate

Pleased you guys like it ..... I was a bit nervous posting it, as if anyone ever Googles for these guys, this thread will show up .... but then, like I said it was for entertainment and not true.

However, the longer they leave me apart from my Husband, the more bored I will become .... the more I will stare aimlessly at the 02/24/08 on the USCIS website and more I will lose the plot .... the knock on effect will be more Giggles from Sarah ..... :oops:

I reckon the dyslexics also keep getting the K1 visa petitions mixed up with the K3 visa petitions and are wizzing through the wrong visa petitions .... :rofl::rofl:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

:rofl: You are great sarah!!!

Hope we can email this link to P and E.

I 130

2oth Aug 2007 - Got married in SL

12th Sept 2007 - sent I 130 to CSC

5th Jan 2008 - Received NOA 1

16th May 2008 - Approved (NOA2 in 247 days )

18th May 2008 - Touch (Guess its been sent to USCIS mail room)

20th May 2008 - Received Hard Copy NOA2

I 129 F

7th Jan 2008 - Sent I 129 F to CSC

10th Jan 2008 - Received by CSC

18th Jan 2008 - Received NOA 1

16th May 2008 - Approved (NOA2 in 130 days )

18th May 2008 - Touch (Guess its been sent to USCIS mail room)

20th May 2008 - Received Hard Copy NOA2

21st May 2008 - Received Docs at NVC

xxx xxx xxxx - Case # generated

28th May 2008 - Sent to USEM Colombo

29th May 2008 - USEM Colombo confirmed receipt

Sarah Jayne your crack me up! Hope your well lovely.

Thank you for this post!

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

:rofl: You are great sarah!!!

Hope we can email this link to P and E.

I'm sure if anyone Googles for them, they'll find this :oops:

But I'm sure the leaving party was big though :rofl:

Sarah Jayne your crack me up! Hope your well lovely.

Thank you for this post!

Thanks Bex, yup I'm hanging in there .... thought I'd attempt to cause a few sniggers during this time in our lives.

Hope you're well too :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.