noura

what's next?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OK, I've been around long enough, I should know... but I don't - or at least I can't find it. So, please, someone enlighten me! What's the next step I should be preparing? I sent K1 pkg on Monday, April 24 and am waiting for acknowledgement/NOA1. I'm assuming that should be coming any day now, but I want to start preparing for the next step of the journey.... what to do? what to do? I'm trying to get caught up on taxes and get all that info together for "support" info, but I'm a little confused on it all.... :help:

enlightenment, please, my ME/NA friends? Shokran buzzef in advance! :blush:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey! I'm still waiting for my NOA2 (anytime now I hope), and as far as I can tell you can't do much as far as your I-134 or bank statements etc. because they need to be as close to the interview date as possible. I did however make a photo album for Hicham to take to his interview and I have started to gather and make copies of plane tickets, emails, phone bills etc. as evidence of an ongoing relationship. Otherwise I don't think there's too much to do. We're in the same boat! The first two months went by really fast after our NOA1 and I hope they do for you too.

Good luck,

Sarah

Timeline

thanks Sarah.... as far as the photo album goes, I've sent Said some pics, but all the ones from this last trip he has saved on a flash drive and is going to print from Maroc... should I compile an album to send to him instead? I have 2 albums here from my trips that I show to my clients and friends... shall I send that to him instead? also, for the other documentation, i'm sending him a complete copy of the K1 pkg contents as well as all the originals he might need for the interview (my birth cert, divorce decree, etc). He is also saving chats and emails on the flash drive to print if needed. Any advice is appreciated. I figured this is a time I just have to wait out... but it seems like I should be doing something besides obsessively checking my bank acct to see if the check went thru yet :lol:

Good luck to us all, huh!

Noura :thumbs:

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Noura,

About the photo album- Hicham has pictures on his computer as well, but I had most of the prints and everything else on cd's. I printed out what I needed from the cd's, gathered all the pictures, and wrote the names of people in the pictures, when, and where they were taken on the back of them. I got a photo album that has space next to the photo so I also wrote those things next to the picture as well so it's easier than taking them out of the page. Said could do it, I just did it for Hicham because it's easier for me to print them, cheaper, and I enjoy doing that stuff wheras he does not. He doesn't particularly like those types of responsibilities so I did it for him and took it with me on my last trip over there. I don't think you really need a photo album but I made one just to be more organized and make it easy for Hicham to show photos in the interview! I hope that helps! I would probably just send one album though and not several. I think in all we had about 50 or so pictures in the album.

As for sending the complete I-129F I haven't sent it to him yet. I'm waiting for the NOA2 to get everything together and I'm going to go for his interview so I'll just take it all with me.

K good luck, the time will fly the first two months I promise

Sarah

Noura, it looks like you've thought of everything. Just put aside all that stuff that can "prove" your relationship and ride this out. This is the part where you just have to sit back and wait for a while.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline
Noura, it looks like you've thought of everything. Just put aside all that stuff that can "prove" your relationship and ride this out. This is the part where you just have to sit back and wait for a while.

Sharon

thanks Sharon, that's what i was afraid of - LOL! As for "early parole" and all that... i know it's early to think about, but how/when do we do this? i guess i'm getting ahead of myself!

:wacko:

Noura

Just keep busy and the interview will creep up on you before you know it!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Yeah this is definitely one of the hardest parts of this whole Journey coz there's nothing to do but sit and wait. The best thing to do (well at least for me) is to keep busy. The more your mind is busy on other things, the faster the interview will come. Good luck.

OH, about pictures, We had a photo album also. Compiled of around 50 or so pictures. They definitely want evidence of a relationship before and afte the marriage so anything you can save from ur conversations and any gifts, cards, letters you can save will be helpful. I took pictures of all the gifts he sent to me and I scanned them and emailed them to him. That seemed to work just fine (and it was a whole lot cheaper than mailing)

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura, I have an index of everything I sent to Simo. Let me know if you want it I can send it to you. This IS the hardest part, sitting and waiting. I started putting everything together about a month and half in to it, that way by the time I got the NOA2 I was not in a mad rush.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline
Noura, I have an index of everything I sent to Simo. Let me know if you want it I can send it to you. This IS the hardest part, sitting and waiting. I started putting everything together about a month and half in to it, that way by the time I got the NOA2 I was not in a mad rush.

carrie... i'm not noura... but, i think that if you put your index here for others to read, it would be a big help...

*hint hint: like a big help to me too! lol*

i know that simo will get that visa any day now!!! i have been praying for that!!! please make sure to keep us all updated to your progress...

noura.. i didn't mean to take over your thread... my apologies... i was just wanting to compare what i have gathered together and compare it to ya'lls...

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

no problem, lynne! :P and carrie... yes! yes! please send it on... either posted here or email me (or both) and I would soooo appreciate it! did you finish your move yet? :huh: i can't wait to hear simo's buying his ticket!!! wooooooooohoooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

Noura

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh GOD how I wish he was buying his ticket already, but nothing yet :( . Yes, I got moved yesterday finally :dead: . It's only temporary for few months until Simo and I decide where to live (here or closer to family).

Ok ladies, here is the stuff I put together in the book for Simo. You can revise it to fit your needs and will need to add any divorce papers (if you have them). He had all this in one big book and then the photo album. I know it might seem excessive, but I wanted him to have everything I had and anything they could possibly ask for. Hope it helps.

Table_of_Contents_for_Interview.doc

PS. Simo said if you have many pics, it's better to put them into 2 smaller albums rather than one big album so they will fit in the window at the Consulate.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline

thanks so much Carrie! :P Said and I really appreciate it... I sent it on to him also. I may be getting more detailed info from you later. And thanks also for the tip from Simo! Hope you get a little rest this weekend amongst the boxes :blink: Wish I was there to help you unpack! :thumbs:

Noura

Timeline

noura... carrie... i am so thankful for you guys!!!

carrie... i agree with noura... wish i was there to help ya unpack... we would make a girls time and just hang together...

i just want you guys to know that i genuinely treasure the information that you pass along... and the support that you offer...

thank you for letting me be there with you guys too!

noura.... you rest up for tomorrow!!!

carrie... you rest up tonight... don't try to overdo it... all of that will be there when Simo gets here to help ya... i say only unpack what you need the most... and leave the rest for when Simo gets here and you decide where you want to live...

love ya both! you are both :star::star: to me!

ps: pls pass along to Simo and Said "Salaam Alaikum"... and I hope that they have a wonderful weekend also!

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura, you just get to wait and wait, but hopefully not too long. These ladies that are in the same phase as you right now are giving you such wonderful advice. You know I never kept a copy of our I129F and so happy they never asked for it. I sent the original out right along with the 325 the night I received it back in the mail from Abdou. Where was my mind. Of course I hadn't found VJ at that time either and was just so very anxious. So far we've made it without having to produce it yet. You're going to fly through this process !!

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.