feejo

30 year old fillané to go visit for 6 monts any danger

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I wounder if there is any possible difficulties if I am to stay 180 day's to USA, I am 30 years old, so not a retired. Are they going to ask on what money I would live, any attachement to Canada questions? K1 is not started yeat. Can I visit this summer for 1 month and come back for 5 monts in january.

Edited by feejo

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I wounder if there is any possible difficulties if I am to stay 180 day's to USA, I am 30 years old, so not a retired. Are they going to ask on what money I would live, any attachement to Canada questions? K1 is not started yeat. Can I visit this summer for 1 month and come back for 5 monts in january.

There's not enough information here. Based on what you wrote, you are only asking about visiting but from your other thread, there's more to it. If your second visit is after a visa petition is filed, then you may well need to show ties to Canada sufficient to convince a CBP officer you will return.

Canadians don't need a visa or a passport stamp with a stated limit on their stay, when visiting the US, so the issue of how long you intend to visit may not even come up.

Please provide enough information about your intentions and circumstances to give your questions context.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
No visa is in process so far, we just want some time to know each other more. There is POE with no stamps what do they ask if you cross back border. Would they ask how long I was there? Would I get in trouble if there is no stamps?

Nothing really happens at the border. I used to live in Detroit and Port Huron and used to go to Canada for Lunch or dinner or playing Golf. They normally just wave you through if you have your Identification (these days may require a passport) - nothing was ever stamped (when I had some others in my car that needed to carry their passports). Don't be nervous about this. Have Fun

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i already got my passport stamped ! (and a few times)

and they ask how long will be the stay too.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife came down for 4 months without while her visa was in process. They may ask you to prove intent to return but a round trip ticket if you are flying should be enough. Otherwise proof of residence or some other proof that shows you don't intend to immigrate at that time would help.

If they ask you how you intend to support yourself answer it honestly. If your fiance is going to support while you visit that shouldn't be a problem. They are probably just looking to ensure that you don't intend to work while you are in the US.

Some people have been turned away if they try to bring furniture or other household items because it suggests that you are moving not just visiting. Just remember that you are going for a visit and not moving to the US while you await your visa and you shouldn't have a problem.

The 6 month limit has more to do with your status in Canada. You may put your public medical insurance iat risk f you spend more than 6 months out of the country in one year.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.