antda

I-751 Removal of Conditions Evidence and Information...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

How are you? I haven't been on VJ for quite awhile, but am back now as I'm in the midst of organizing the application and the joint evidence for the I-751 (Removal of Conditions) that I have to file in August (yes, I'm getting started on it by organizing it early now). Anyways, I was wondering if the evidence and information I have so far (which I have gathered throughout the years of our marriage), listed below is sufficient enough:

Application form and application/biometric fees

Cover letter

Pregnancy and Miscarriage Medical Notes

Joint Home Purchase Agreement and Maintenence Fees Letters

Joint Homeowner Insurance Declaration and Invoice

Joint Home Renovation and Repair Receipts

Joint Checking Account Bank Statements

Joint Credit Card Statements

Joint Non-Filing of Income Tax Letter/Explanation

Joint Automobile Insurance Policy Declaration and Statements

Joint Electric Bills

Joint Gas Bills

Joint Water and Septic/Sewer Invoices

Joint Telephone Invoices

Photographs during the years of our marriage

Joint Trips and Events Receipts and Tickets

Joint Mail, Subscriptions, and Junk Mail

Affidavits from individuals who have known us since conditional residency

Am I missing anything else? Is there anything else I need to make a note of and/or include or exclude? Any ideas, comments, suggestions, feedback, advice or anything else is greatly appreciated from the VJ community. Thank you.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Your list looks very good! Don't forget your tax transcripts for the years that you filed as married.

Ooopss... I just saw that you have a letter of non-filing of income tax. Ignore my post then :)

Edited by eau_xplain

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, Ant, it looks very good:-). Sorry to hear about your miscarriage:-(.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi Everyone,

How are you? I haven't been on VJ for quite awhile, but am back now as I'm in the midst of organizing the application and the joint evidence for the I-751 (Removal of Conditions) that I have to file in August (yes, I'm getting started on it by organizing it early now). Anyways, I was wondering if the evidence and information I have so far (which I have gathered throughout the years of our marriage), listed below is sufficient enough:

Cover letter

Joint Electric Bills

Joint Gas Bills

Joint Telephone Invoices

Am I missing anything else? Is there anything else I need to make a note of and/or include or exclude? Any ideas, comments, suggestions, feedback, advice or anything else is greatly appreciated from the VJ community. Thank you.

Ant

Oops...I forgot to add the following items to the list above, which I will also include in the application:

Permanent Residence Card (both front side and back side)

Canadian Passport (with added married surname)

Marriage Certificate

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi eau_xplain,

Thanks for your "good" reply. Lol...it's ok about the mixup about the tax transcripts, as I don't think you'll be the only one confused with this. Hopefully the letter that we submit in the application will explain thoroughly the situation regarding the joint taxes.

Ant

Your list looks very good! Don't forget your tax transcripts for the years that you filed as married.

Ooopss... I just saw that you have a letter of non-filing of income tax. Ignore my post then :)

Hi Kathryn41,

Thanks for your "very good" reply and your kind words too. It's ok about the miscarriage, as I guess it "wasn't meant to be" at the time, especially since it was a high-risk pregnancy. Funny though, eating a box of Smarties (Canadian, the chocolate-kind) shortly after the miscarriage helped me feel a bit better. Weird, eh?

Ant

Yes, Ant, it looks very good:-). Sorry to hear about your miscarriage:-(.
Edited by AntandD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as your financial documents cover the entirety of your marriage (ie. a sample over the time you have been married), then methinks you are good to go. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Looks great.

Only thing I could think of was:

Health insurance....if you are on a joint policy.

Life insurance....if you are the beneficiary of the other.

Advanced directives....if one of you is allowed to make the decision for the others. (this can be downloaded off the web, filled out, and then notarized.)

And lastly, the paper that the 2 year green card came attached to....they actually suggest you keep it an attach it to the ROC form.

None of those are overly important....just more proof. If you don't have it, I still think your proof is great. You will be just fine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your good reply. In answer to your question, yes, the financial documents do cover the entirety of the marriage (over the last two years or so), with a bill from every 3-4 months or so during those years to be submitted. Lol…after all this is done, I’m sure my husband will be glad to here me stop saying, “Don’t throw those paid bills out!”…

Ant

As long as your financial documents cover the entirety of your marriage (ie. a sample over the time you have been married), then methinks you are good to go. :)

Hi Jomo’sGirl,

Thanks for your great/fine reply and for your suggestions about some extra documents to include. Unfortunately, we don’t have joint health insurance and we don’t have joint life insurance, so we can’t include those. For advanced directives (I assume you mean: wills, living wills, power of attorneys, and those type of documents), we haven’t made those out yet, as our lives are currently still in transition and there are a lot of life changes at this time for us to be able to make those documents out now. I still have that letter/paper the Green Card came with attached to. However, I couldn’t find where it says on the I-751/ROC application form or on that Green Card letter that says I’m supposed to attach this Green Card letter with the I-751 application too, nor that I knew it was mandatory to send such. So can you tell me where exactly it says I’m supposed to do so, as you mentioned about it? By the way, speaking of letters from immigration, it’s been two years or so and I still haven’t received that Welcome Letter everyone else seems to get at about the same time they get their Green Card, I guess I’m not welcomed in the US then (just kidding, of course)…

Ant

Looks great.

Only thing I could think of was:

Health insurance....if you are on a joint policy.

Life insurance....if you are the beneficiary of the other.

Advanced directives....if one of you is allowed to make the decision for the others. (this can be downloaded off the web, filled out, and then notarized.)

And lastly, the paper that the 2 year green card came attached to....they actually suggest you keep it an attach it to the ROC form.

None of those are overly important....just more proof. If you don't have it, I still think your proof is great. You will be just fine.

• 1 year later...

By the way, as posted on another VJ topic (4/14/09):

From this general list, my "cute, funny, unusual, unique, etc. I-751 joint evidence" are as follows:

-Miscarriage notes (well, at least we tried before even though it didn't work out then, I would have submitted the ultrasound photos for those pregnancies too, but found that too personal here...)

-Information explaining non-filing of income taxes (if we both legally don't have to pay taxes, then why should we?, and thus have to explain of such in great detail, with additional evidence about it too)

-Home renovation receipts (we would have sent in 'the actual bathroom sink and floor tiles', but it was too big, so I sent in the receipts for the bathroom repair bills instead...)

-Joint events: Bryan Adams concert tickets (lol...ok, I admit I'm a fan of his, especially being Canadian), Buffalo Bills Football Training Camp tickets and Buffalo Bisons Baseball tickets (lol..ok, my husband is a fan of these sports, be it that they are local teams here in NYS that he enjoys)

-Junk mail: Baby diapers and formula sample products and coupons (I need the actual products for the baby, so I just sent in the copies of the envelopes and coupons instead), Solicitations for baby catalogues and insurance policies (and no, I never bought from any of those companies), Arts and crafts catalogue covers (I got them in both names and delivered to my house because I was teaching sunday school at the time, even though my husband doesn't teach), Church flyers, YMCA 1 week free trial memberships (which we never used, as I was sick with the flu that week), Postcard from the dental clinic to remind us of our appointments (lol...funny, that local clinic closed down recently),

-Photos (ok, not too unusual there, but it makes me smile every time I see them... :) ..different locations, different seasons, different occasions...shows a 'variety' in our lives for many years)

It's too bad that I didn't send in evidence of my current pregnancy, as I was pregnant after I sent in my I-751 application. I figured that they were incompentent enough as it is, and to update them with more evidence while my case is processing would just confuse them even more, so I just left them with the evidence that I had already sent. However, if they ask for such, I will happily send them more information about that too....

Meanwhile, I'm still gathering evidence for my N-400 case coming up soon (in August 2009), and believe me, "I've got even more 'unusual' evidence up my sleve!"

Now, if only they can approve my I-751 case asap, with all this "unique" additional evidence!!!

Lesson learned: Send in anything and everything that is "joint evidence", regardless of how "unique" it may be. You never know, as this additional evidence may help in approving your case. (lol..or at least it give the immigration officials with the idea of someone "human" to think about). After all, we are not just "case numbers and paper files" right? We are more "human" than that!... :thumbs:

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Edited by AntandD

By the way, as posted on another VJ topic (4/14/09):

From this general list, my "cute, funny, unusual, unique, etc. I-751 joint evidence" are as follows:

-Miscarriage notes (well, at least we tried before even though it didn't work out then, I would have submitted the ultrasound photos for those pregnancies too, but found that too personal here...)

-Information explaining non-filing of income taxes (if we both legally don't have to pay taxes, then why should we?, and thus have to explain of such in great detail, with additional evidence about it too)

-Home renovation receipts (we would have sent in 'the actual bathroom sink and floor tiles', but it was too big, so I sent in the receipts for the bathroom repair bills instead...)

-Joint events: Bryan Adams concert tickets (lol...ok, I admit I'm a fan of his, especially being Canadian), Buffalo Bills Football Training Camp tickets and Buffalo Bisons Baseball tickets (lol..ok, my husband is a fan of these sports, be it that they are local teams here in NYS that he enjoys)

-Junk mail: Baby diapers and formula sample products and coupons (I need the actual products for the baby, so I just sent in the copies of the envelopes and coupons instead), Solicitations for baby catalogues and insurance policies (and no, I never bought from any of those companies), Arts and crafts catalogue covers (I got them in both names and delivered to my house because I was teaching sunday school at the time, even though my husband doesn't teach), Church flyers, YMCA 1 week free trial memberships (which we never used, as I was sick with the flu that week), Postcard from the dental clinic to remind us of our appointments (lol...funny, that local clinic closed down recently),

-Photos (ok, not too unusual there, but it makes me smile every time I see them... :) ..different locations, different seasons, different occasions...shows a 'variety' in our lives for many years)

It's too bad that I didn't send in evidence of my current pregnancy, as I was pregnant after I sent in my I-751 application. I figured that they were incompentent enough as it is, and to update them with more evidence while my case is processing would just confuse them even more, so I just left them with the evidence that I had already sent. However, if they ask for such, I will happily send them more information about that too....

Meanwhile, I'm still gathering evidence for my N-400 case coming up soon (in August 2009), and believe me, "I've got even more 'unusual' evidence up my sleve!"

Now, if only they can approve my I-751 case asap, with all this "unique" additional evidence!!!

Lesson learned: Send in anything and everything that is "joint evidence", regardless of how "unique" it may be. You never know, as this additional evidence may help in approving your case. (lol..or at least it give the immigration officials with the idea of someone "human" to think about). After all, we are not just "case numbers and paper files" right? We are more "human" than that!... :thumbs:

Hello Ant,

I agree with the showing them "we're human" part. Our friends gave us two free Houston Rockets tickets recently, we went there, enjoyed the game, took pictures of us being there, holding the "pong pong" chanting, kept the ticket stubs, ready for the N-400, to show them that "we're not fake, we're human alive". Too bad they won't take any CDs or videos, otherwise I've got more to show them.

Good Luck to us both, wish for smoother journey!

jasminelily

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Hi Jasminelily,

I agree, "we're not fake, we're human alive". Glad that you had fun at the Houston Rockets game with your family and friends recently. Ahh, how nice it is to enjoy a "great American pastime", indeed! And by all means, keep those ticket stubs, and include photos and other evidence that you and your spouse were at the game too.

Too bad about the CDs or videos and them not accepting those. Oh well, it saves on the postage not to send those anyways. On that note, this reminds me that at the baseball and football games that I went to before, and they actually featured us (me and my husband) briefly (for about 30 seconds- 1 minute or so) on the local news during the sports seigment on tv (yes we were on tv twice, lucky us)! Lol...maybe I should have got the news video footage for the USCIS too? Nah, I think I'll save those for AFHV (America's Funniest Home Videos), where at least they can appreciate the value of videos more....

Nevertheless, I did enclose the photos, ticket stubs and e-ticket emails for those event days, so that should be sufficient enough for the USCIS...

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby..)

Hello Ant,

I agree with the showing them "we're human" part. Our friends gave us two free Houston Rockets tickets recently, we went there, enjoyed the game, took pictures of us being there, holding the "pong pong" chanting, kept the ticket stubs, ready for the N-400, to show them that "we're not fake, we're human alive". Too bad they won't take any CDs or videos, otherwise I've got more to show them.

Good Luck to us both, wish for smoother journey!

jasminelily

Hi Everyone,

Cover letter

Joint Electric Bills

Joint Gas Bills

Joint Telephone Invoices

Ant

Oops...I forgot to add the following items to the list above, which I will also include in the application:

Permanent Residence Card (both front side and back side)

Canadian Passport (with added married surname)

Marriage Certificate

Ant

Life insurance and will?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi Haole,

Lol..this was an older thread that I started here on VJ, so whatever I listed before is what I already sent (and am still waiting for a decison this I-751, 8+ months later...). I just "updated" this thread (based on a response from another VJ thread), telling of the "unique" evidence that I also sent in too.

As for the life insurance and will, we didn't send those in either, as we don't have those.

We morally don't believe in life insurance, and we will never ever get such policies, regardless of any reason.

For a will, yes, we will do one of those someday, but at this point in our lives, "things are still changing", so we'll have to hold off on that until later on in our lives when things are more "settled"....

Anyways, I just submitted what I had as "joint evidence" at the time, and hope for the best there....

Life insurance and will?
Edited by AntandD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.