ANNE08

N-400 interview with I-751 pending

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to my N-400 interview in a couple days, but my I-751 is still pending. I read somewhere that sometimes they will do theboth interview together, the N-400 and I-751. Since my I-751 is still pending I'm planning of taking everyhing with me to the interview (marriage proof and all the documents needed). My question is, does the spouse really need to be there at the interview? I never got a letter stating that I need to bring my spouse. The reason why I'm asking this is because my husband is out of the country.

Is anyone here could please share their interview at the Santa Ana office. Were they nice? And what are the questions they ask?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I'm going to my N-400 interview in a couple days, but my I-751 is still pending. I read somewhere that sometimes they will do theboth interview together, the N-400 and I-751. Since my I-751 is still pending I'm planning of taking everyhing with me to the interview (marriage proof and all the documents needed). My question is, does the spouse really need to be there at the interview? I never got a letter stating that I need to bring my spouse. The reason why I'm asking this is because my husband is out of the country.

Is anyone here could please share their interview at the Santa Ana office. Were they nice? And what are the questions they ask?

Thank you!

I would go to the interview without spouse, the interview is for the naturalization.

Naturalization tends to force them to adjudicate the pending I-751, and in most cases this is done without an interview.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=46461 (Not enough doing the naturalization and I-751 sections)

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thank you!

Hi, I just had my N400 Interview a week or so ago and I also had my I751 pending. About a week prior to my interview I received a notification requesting that my husband be at the interview as well. It claimed that it was necessary due to the pending I751. Both applications were approved then. I am not sure if this is usually the case with every N400 that has a I751 pending but you may need to have your spouse with you. If they need your spouse, they will send the notification close to your interview date. If your spouse will be out of the country and they want him during the interview, then you may need to reschedule.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

OP, not sure if you get to read this before your N400 interview, however, perhaps you should bring documentation about your husband's trip abroad in case they do ask about him.

Good luck on your test!

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you apply for citizenship yet? Do you know if K2 needs to apply separately?

Thank you!

Hi, I just had my N400 Interview a week or so ago and I also had my I751 pending. About a week prior to my interview I received a notification requesting that my husband be at the interview as well. It claimed that it was necessary due to the pending I751. Both applications were approved then. I am not sure if this is usually the case with every N400 that has a I751 pending but you may need to have your spouse with you. If they need your spouse, they will send the notification close to your interview date. If your spouse will be out of the country and they want him during the interview, then you may need to reschedule.

I am just wondering what kind of questions they ask during interviews. I just got my 10 yrs GC and I am in the process of applying to naturalization. just wondering !! I appreciate it !!

go to the uscis website, they have study guides there. basically it's about american history.

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just received interview letter for naturalization. My I-751 is still pending but they did no indicate that my husband needs to come with me.

Can enybody share their experience. Does he needs to come with me?

Thanks.

Danutuke

Hello,

I just received interview letter for naturalization. My I-751 is still pending but they did no indicate that my husband needs to come with me.

Can enybody share their experience. Does he needs to come with me?

Thanks.

Danutuke

They will tell you if he needs to come with you. Approx. a week prior to my interview I got a letter in the mail requesting that he come with me to the interview because I had a pending I751. He came with me but they really didn't ask much. The officer asked about 3 / 4 personal questions (How did u meet? Where? Did u like your weeding? Was the propossal nice?) and then she moved onto the N400 part. He was allowed to stay with me. My oath ceremony date is May 2nd.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.