aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

I thought the January folks had a great idea creating a CSC thread. I'm incredibly happy for all of the VSC filers who are getting approvals, but it means that they're going to be looking at comletely different timelines than those of us at CSC are. They'll be going to getting interview dates and stuff while we're starting to receive our NOA2s, so it just makes sense for us to have this thread where we can discuss where we're at and what we're doing.

So...go, go February CSC filers! (Please forgive the random 80's references...I was a kid and watched all those great 80's cartoons.)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I thought the January folks had a great idea creating a CSC thread. I'm incredibly happy for all of the VSC filers who are getting approvals, but it means that they're going to be looking at comletely different timelines than those of us at CSC are. They'll be going to getting interview dates and stuff while we're starting to receive our NOA2s, so it just makes sense for us to have this thread where we can discuss where we're at and what we're doing.

So...go, go February CSC filers! (Please forgive the random 80's references...I was a kid and watched all those great 80's cartoons.)

When I start quoting Gilligan's Island, watch out. :P

I got my NOA1 on the 30th of January, so I'm right on the February cusp. I'm glad you started this thread, and hope that all February folks will use it to give their CSC bretheren support. Good luck to all!!!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

I got my NOA1 on the 30th of January, so I'm right on the February cusp. I'm glad you started this thread, and hope that all February folks will use it to give their CSC bretheren support. Good luck to all!!!

Cusp people are always interesting...it means you get to hang out with both groups! If it was me, I would choose to hang out with the February people because then, in theory, you are one of the first who gets their approval instead of the last hanger on. Plus...we're cool. ;)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Cusp people are always interesting...it means you get to hang out with both groups! If it was me, I would choose to hang out with the February people because then, in theory, you are one of the first who gets their approval instead of the last hanger on. Plus...we're cool. ;)

Your reasoning is impecable :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Great idea :) i feel so bad being a CSC... what i did bad in my life to be punish like that?

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
Great idea :) i feel so bad being a CSC... what i did bad in my life to be punish like that?

Just keep thinking how special that moment of approval will be - not just sweet, but super wonderful willy wonka type sweet. You've done nothing wrong. But please share your story if you think you did, it'll help pass the time :P

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

I keep feeling the same way. :( I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't anything that I did. It sucks and it's killing me to wait this long to be with him...everyone keeps telling me "the time will pass" and I know it will...but that doesn't make it any easier.

I saw in your siggy that you're going for a visit. Yay! That's so exciting! Dennis is coming to visit and will arrive on April 4th. I can't wait to see him!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Just keep thinking how special that moment of approval will be - not just sweet, but super wonderful willy wonka type sweet. You've done nothing wrong. But please share your story if you think you did, it'll help pass the time :P

Lol i'm almost 38 and trust me in 38 years i had time to do a lot of mistakes in my life. I try to be good and if i do a mistake i do my best to fix it, but, i'm just human.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

I keep feeling the same way. :( I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't anything that I did. It sucks and it's killing me to wait this long to be with him...everyone keeps telling me "the time will pass" and I know it will...but that doesn't make it any easier.

I saw in your siggy that you're going for a visit. Yay! That's so exciting! Dennis is coming to visit and will arrive on April 4th. I can't wait to see him!

Oh yes its sucks but enough talk about that ;)

Yes i gonna to be very busy, this weekend i go to Nice at the Cote D'Azur to celebrate my birthday with my bro and with my best friend. I'll come back on sunday afternoon, will have a busy week at work and will have to prepare my travel to Chicago (you know :P hair dresser, beauty things to do etc). And saturday the 22th my daugther and I we'll fly to Chicago! I can't wait being with my love. Crosses my fingers to don't have problem at the POE.

Kisses

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

.png

Crosses my fingers to don't have problem at the POE.

Kisses

Yoko

We've been a little bit worried about the POE, too...but from everything I've read, as long as you have adequate proof of ties, you'll be allowed in. I understand how you feel, I'm so excited for him to get here! Every time he's here I want to show him around and teach him where stuff is, so that when we're finally approved and he moves here he'll have a better idea of how to get around. He's bringing his car with him, so he'll have transportation and everything right away.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Oh yes my Love use to show me all around home. I love that even if i feel a bit lost. All is so different from France. Like, i don't have a car, i have my drive license since 19 years. But in Paris you don't really need a car. And also my english is not so good.

I will have, my return tickets, a letter from my employer, banks records with found on it, the appointment letter from the court (to have the agreement between my daughter's father and I validate by the judge), my rent bill. I think it will be enough. :)

Richard & Chantal

.png

Oh yes my Love use to show me all around home. I love that even if i feel a bit lost. All is so different from France. Like, i don't have a car, i have my drive license since 19 years. But in Paris you don't really need a car. And also my english is not so good.

I will have, my return tickets, a letter from my employer, banks records with found on it, the appointment letter from the court (to have the agreement between my daughter's father and I validate by the judge), my rent bill. I think it will be enough. :)

It should be. :) I also read here on VJ that you should bring a copy of your petition and a copy of the NOA1, just in case they want to see it. Lemme see if I can dig up the post, I think it was in the Canada board.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Here are the important snippets:

1) tell the truth, BUT

2) dont blab away!! Answer ONLY thier question, keep your answers short and to the point!! IE: POE asks, business or pleasure?? i would state pleasure and returning on such a date. If they ask friends or family, i would state seeing a friend, if they probe more a girlfriend

3) be polite!! Reply with sir/maam

4)BE confident in ur replies! look them in their eyes when speaking

5) pack light!!!

6) proof of ties to Canada, ie: letter from employer, utility bills, apartment/house lease/deed, return ticket

7) never get upset with the POE guy, your NOT going to win!! Even if u get denied entry, dont be a jerk! Ask what you could do to improve your chances of gaining entry next time

8) dont bring any job resumes with ya

POe officers are trained to look for people lying, keep that in mind!! They only have a short amount of time to make that decision!

9) in case you do get denied entry (and some cdns do, not a big deal, and shouldn't harm ur visa process--that is if u told the truth) have a plan!!

However, regarding the "if they ask friends or family, I would state seeing a friend" someone later posted this:

I agree with the above except for the answer of who you're visiting-answer "husband". Maybe it's a male/female thing or it's just a difference between different officers, but the few times that I said that I was visiting my friend, the follow up question was always Boyfriend? then I got to go chat with immigration for 30-45 minutes. However, I had much less problems when I just said that I was visiting my boyfriend/husband.

They'll probably ask what your immigration intent is-also be honest. you're planning on immigrating but not on this visit and you are beginning the application process in XX weeks.

I am one of those people who researches as much as possible about anything I'm doing. :) I was glad to hear that last bit about "just say boyfriend/husband" because we were inclined to just say "friend", too...but I could see where that would sound like you're lying and trying to hide something once they probe deeper and you admit "well...girlfriend/boyfriend."

Edited by aravis227

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

There is what i poste on another topic :P

I will come to visit my fiancé at the end of march, and yes i gonna to say that i'm there to visit my BF.

The reason is, the first time i came to visit him last year in August (it was also my first time in US since 7 years), we was not on the K1 process. And i don't know nothing about K1 or visa stuffs. So It was at Chicago airport.

I was there with my daughter. She was a bit sick on the plane, some fever, and she was asleep in my arms. After a long long time waiting in the long long line, it was finally our turn.

The officer took our passport and asked me the reason we come in US.

I answered very honestly that we're there to visit my fiancé (i used that word cause as we are in love, and that i don't like to say just BF as we are more than that).

The officer started to be suspicious, i was wondering why. He asked me to see return ticket, and as my daughter doesn't have the same last name than me, he asked a lot of question about that. I use to travel with all paper i need, so it was not a problem to give him proof. He even asked me the birth date about my daughter.

It was so stressful as i was wondering why all that questions, and had my sweetie sleeping in my arms, she is 5 and she start to be heavy. Finally he let us go. If he kept us 5 mn more i think i will cry cause i was really don't understand why it was like that.

And i don't know if its related but a guy from the airport (i don't paid really attention about his uniform) was just beside my luggage and helped me to put it on the trolley.

Second time in December, i told the officer that i was there for vacation and visit my BF, he asked me when i was there before, i answered this summer, how many times you stayed, about 10 days. And that's all.

Nobody to help me for luggage this time and it was more big and heavy cause the winter time.

Richard & Chantal

.png

Timeline

Oh yes its sucks but enough talk about that ;)

Yes i gonna to be very busy, this weekend i go to Nice at the Cote D'Azur to celebrate my birthday with my bro and with my best friend. I'll come back on sunday afternoon, will have a busy week at work and will have to prepare my travel to Chicago (you know :P hair dresser, beauty things to do etc). And saturday the 22th my daugther and I we'll fly to Chicago! I can't wait being with my love. Crosses my fingers to don't have problem at the POE.

Kisses

Yoko

On behalf of all Chicagoans, I am happy to welcome you to our fair city!! From everything I've read, Chicago is a great POE. Which is what I'd expect, from the friendliest big city in the world. You will have a wonderful time, and things should be cleaned up from St. Patricks Day (although the river might still be a little green). Are you planning anything special during your visit?

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.