dbears

SLEC Medical & USEM Interview Exprerience for K2 & K4 visa applicants

39 posts in this topic

I am absolutely grateful for all those people who have shared their detailed SLEC and USEM experiences, I have actually bookmarked each post to serve as my guide later.

I just hope beneficiaries who have/had k2 or k4 derivatives will also post their children's SLEC & USEM experiences. It will surely be of great help in preparing our kids for what's to come/expect during those proceedings.

Thank you very much to those who will take time to post. hugs3.gif

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as the interview goes, what questions and how many are asked will probably depend on the age of the child. my daughter was 10 years old at the time of the interview. she was asked one question by the CO " How old are you?"

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

as far as the interview goes, what questions and how many are asked will probably depend on the age of the child. my daughter was 10 years old at the time of the interview. she was asked one question by the CO " How old are you?"

Thank you Roy and Yazi... can you give even a snippet of your daughter's medical experience? how was it different with her mom's? were they with the same doctor? was the mom allowed inside during their physical exam? were the kids also asked to remove clothing and were they also check in the rectal area?

My daughter is 10years old also and i have an 8 year old son. I'm anxious about my medical but i am more anxious about my kids medical so i want to gather info on it as early as now. Thank you very much for all infos.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: Timeline

When i had my k1/k2 medical, my son was 3 years old then,only weight and height, then physical exam,.and thats it. the td shots, we preferred to have in US.

at the interview, me, my son and my husband (fiance then) were there, no questions asked about my son..

then, we requested for visa pick up and the consul granted our request...

Hope that helps

Godbless

Hi,

My son (Paolo, 8 years old)nd i had our medical last Feb.6, 2008. The

first day, most of the procedures that were done were mostly centered around me.

The doctors didn't subject him to Chest Xray, blood extractions or collection of

urine for UA.

Well, it was only during the immunization interview where the doctors asked me

about Paolo's past medical history and the immunizations he got. I brought with

me his baby book and that's where the doctor referred to for the immunization history.

After the immunization interview, Paolo then had to have his skin test (which i know was just

recently implemented among children). We were asked to come back exactly 48 hrs

for his induration reading. When we came back, it read positive (probably due to his

BCG vaccine as an infant). Since it was positive (20 mm induration) he was subjected to

a chest x-ray. The results came out a day after and everything was alright. He was even not given a

single vaccine because according to the doctors his immunizations were complete.

With regard to the physical exam, the mothers are to accompany their children during

the physical exam and boys will have male doctors. I've learned too that if the child is

to accompany the mother (as stated in the petition), the mother's results will not be

released till after the child is cleared.

I hope my experience helps.

peewee

I am absolutely grateful for all those people who have shared their detailed SLEC and USEM experiences, I have actually bookmarked each post to serve as my guide later.

I just hope beneficiaries who have/had k2 or k4 derivatives will also post their children's SLEC & USEM experiences. It will surely be of great help in preparing our kids for what's to come/expect during those proceedings.

Thank you very much to those who will take time to post. hugs3.gif

I had my 10 year old daughter for medical today but I already had mine last week so I can focus on my daughter (plus I was worried of my own result). She had her vital signs, eye test and PE, and yes, she was asked to disrobe too. Then we were told to go to the immunization review where she was given a skin test which the result will take 48 hours so we will go back on Thursday for the reading. My result was being held as they need to release both our results at the same time. I brought her immunization records so the doctor only had to refer from it. Kids don't have to undergo blood test and urine test, only the skin test. Hope it helps...

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

My step-daughter (k-2) went to her medical yesterday after a day's delay due to unplanned non-working holiday on Monday where SLEC was closed. Everything is same as reported previously. She had a physical exam, eye test, and all as usual. Then they told her Lola about the TB skin test and she will have to come back in 48 hours for reading. We were not expecting that so its another delay and change of flight. :( Just hoping its not positive cuz then I guess its a chest x-ray and another day's waiting.

We have already changed her flight three times due to passport problem, SLEC being closed on Monday, and now the TB test. I think the ticket agent at Cebu Pacific loves us cuz they make lots of money in changing tickets. LOL It's kind of frustrating though cuz we did not really know the process will extend so long for a child. My wife was done in two days and not a single problem. Krrystal has had nothing but delays and problems. Hope she will get through it all soon. We don't think she had a BCG shot as a baby, so we are hoping the skin test will be negative and no chest x-ray. If she has a chest x-ray and will need to stay till Friday, then she might as well not go home as they will come back on Sunday for a Monday interview!!!

Okay...just venting frustration now. Take care!

Scott

Edited by Skeeter211

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

I am extremely glad you guys shared these infos. I appreciate all your answers and I'm bookmarking this and putting this in my SLEC & USEM manual folder :yes: .

I was originally planning on going for an early medical a month before the interview but as i was calculating the cost (there would be 3 of us, 3 plane tickets and hotel stay) i was thinking of having premedical exams here in Davao (just to be sure we have a clear bill of health) and just having the SLEC medical as schedule which i believe is usually 1 week before the interview so we could save one round trip airfare for the 3 of us and just stay one whole week in manila... i never factored in that skin test thingy, my kids will surely be positive since both of them have had BCG when they were babies since it was a standard immunization in government health centers...

Do you think one week before the interview will still be enough time for us to finish all the SLEC medical exam, given that additional 48hours skin test result? or do we need to go there earlier than 1week prior to interview? thanks again to those who will give insights.

ROC

N-400

My step-daughter (k-2) went to her medical yesterday after a day's delay due to unplanned non-working holiday on Monday where SLEC was closed. Everything is same as reported previously. She had a physical exam, eye test, and all as usual. Then they told her Lola about the TB skin test and she will have to come back in 48 hours for reading. We were not expecting that so its another delay and change of flight. :( Just hoping its not positive cuz then I guess its a chest x-ray and another day's waiting.

We have already changed her flight three times due to passport problem, SLEC being closed on Monday, and now the TB test. I think the ticket agent at Cebu Pacific loves us cuz they make lots of money in changing tickets. LOL It's kind of frustrating though cuz we did not really know the process will extend so long for a child. My wife was done in two days and not a single problem. Krrystal has had nothing but delays and problems. Hope she will get through it all soon. We don't think she had a BCG shot as a baby, so we are hoping the skin test will be negative and no chest x-ray. If she has a chest x-ray and will need to stay till Friday, then she might as well not go home as they will come back on Sunday for a Monday interview!!!

Scott

I am sorry for all the delays Scott, but thank you for sharing and venting.. sometimes venting do help others... at least I have learned from your experience. :thumbs:

I hope all of your daughters results will be favorable and good luck for her interview. :thumbs:

ROC

N-400

Scott

hoping these will be your last hurdles and that the interview will be a breeze. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Thank you!

One more question...for those who's kids had a positive skin test for TB, how long did it take to see the induration to appear? Was it a couple of hours, or did it take up till the last minute to appear?

Thanks.

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

"Thank you!

One more question...for those who's kids had a positive skin test for TB, how long did it take to see the induration to appear? Was it a couple of hours, or did it take up till the last minute to appear?

Thanks.

Scott"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son's "wheal" started to appear the 2nd day. I honestly wasn't expecting him to be (+) since

he had a skin test done in a reputable hospital here in Cebu and it was (-). It was really a very

small induration (but obviously not small enough to be declared negative). The wheal wasn't

itchy and red like the other's i've seen. Usually, some would complain of itchiness a few hrs after

the injection of the drug and the wheal it produces is bigger about 2-3 inches in diameter.

peewee

"Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son's "wheal" started to appear the 2nd day. I honestly wasn't expecting him to be (+) since

he had a skin test done in a reputable hospital here in Cebu and it was (-). It was really a very

small induration (but obviously not small enough to be declared negative). The wheal wasn't

itchy and red like the other's i've seen. Usually, some would complain of itchiness a few hrs after

the injection of the drug and the wheal it produces is bigger about 2-3 inches in diameter.

peewee

Thank you!

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

"Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peewee

Thank you!

Scott

Scott, pls do share your daughter's USEM experience on monday.. if her skin test turns out positive she will have chest xray right? and that would mean she will finish all medical by friday, and even if it will turn out negative, it still means she's done with medical thursday, just a few days before interview. I am curious if there would be no problem with that. it will absolutely help with my planning for our medical and interview when our time comes.

btw, did the grandma able to get the passport before going to manila? I also applied in DFA Davao and was supposed to get our passport feb. 19 but a friend told me, their passport which was supposed to be due feb 14 was not yet released so i didn't bother going to davao to get our passport yet. With the increase in bus fare, it is a waste of money and time to go to davao and go home with nothing.

thank you very much.

ROC

N-400

"Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peewee

Thank you!

Scott

Scott, pls do share your daughter's USEM experience on monday.. if her skin test turns out positive she will have chest xray right? and that would mean she will finish all medical by friday, and even if it will turn out negative, it still means she's done with medical thursday, just a few days before interview. I am curious if there would be no problem with that. it will absolutely help with my planning for our medical and interview when our time comes.

btw, did the grandma able to get the passport before going to manila? I also applied in DFA Davao and was supposed to get our passport feb. 19 but a friend told me, their passport which was supposed to be due feb 14 was not yet released so i didn't bother going to davao to get our passport yet. With the increase in bus fare, it is a waste of money and time to go to davao and go home with nothing.

thank you very much.

Well we just got word from SLEC that Krrystal's skin test was a negative. Wooohooo!!!! Thanks be to God! I could not take yet another delay. :wacko: Their flight leaves at 3pm Manila time to go back home and they are currently waiting for the last two hours in "releasing". We signed the papers to have the shots done here in the USA as we could not wait for vaccinations and then releasing after. I am praying they can still make their flight as it's the last flight of the day on Cebu Pacific. The 7:25pm flight was cancelled, so its either run as fast as they can to make the 3pm flight or stay another night in Manila. :crying: The girl at the releasing counter said maybe 2 hours wait and it's been 2 hours now. Hopefully, they are close to finished now. If they can get their releasing papers in the next hour, they can still make the flight home.

Ok....I'm rambling now so I will go. Thanks for all your comments and help.

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.