kaydee457

Senate finally passes their version of Stim package

18 posts in this topic

It's just election year pandering. What else do you expect from politicians? I will take my $1500 and pay off the last of my credit card debt. That is my personal economic stimulis plan, to be out of credit card debt.

This IMO is a colossal waste of money....

source

:thumbs: gosh probably the only time I have agreed with you. from the article:

"We have to remember that every dollar being spent on the stimulus package is being borrowed from our children. And our children's children," said Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., who voted against the bill.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oops I didn't see this and just posted a dup. LaL can you please lock mine?

You suck!

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

source

"We have to remember that every dollar being spent on the stimulus package is being borrowed from our children. And our children's children," said Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., who voted against the bill.

I agree - although correct me if I'm wrong, the tax rebate was Bush's idea. The market went south the day he announced it

90day.jpg

source

I agree - although correct me if I'm wrong, the tax rebate was Bush's idea. The market went south the day he announced it

Yes it was but the consensus seems to be that it's more "feel good" than a functional tool to combat recession.......

Having said that <shrug>, who knows? It seems more and more obvious to me that we are talking ourselves into recession....

miss_me_yet.jpg

Yes it was but the consensus seems to be that it's more "feel good" than a functional tool to combat recession.......

Having said that <shrug>, who knows? It seems more and more obvious to me that we are talking ourselves into recession....

I think we are already there - I recently sold all my stocks and bought gold

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a sad state our economic policies are in when our most desperate attempt to stimulate the economy is to get people to spend money they don't really have.

I think it was Dan who said the money should have gone into public works. A consumer driven economy is a house of cards.

Interesting. Did you keep your european and asian stocks? Diversity?

miss_me_yet.jpg

I did - things have been far too volatile the past couple months for my liking. I had almost tripled my money with my chinese stocks, so I decided to take profits. I tend to be a bit short-term when it comes to this stuff, I'm not sure Warren Buffet would approve

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oops I didn't see this and just posted a dup. LaL can you please lock mine?

You suck!

he's getting slower in his old age.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I did - things have been far too volatile the past couple months for my liking. I had almost tripled my money with my chinese stocks, so I decided to take profits. I tend to be a bit short-term when it comes to this stuff, I'm not sure Warren Buffet would approve

Certainly you've recognized that the euro and asian markets follow the american markets, sometimes irrationally so.

When the U.S. Market tanks, those markets tank two fold.......

miss_me_yet.jpg