6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Today my hubby and I had our AOS interview at the MSC:

In the beginning, the officer asked us for our passports and DL. Then the IO asked questions from the I-465 package. Then she asked for proof of our relationship, we provided utility and phone bills as well as some wedding photos (which she didn't even really look at). She asked me (USC) where I worked, if I had ever been married, where hubby and I met. Basic questions. She asked my husband questions about why his previous marriage didn't work out, when we started dating and about the labor certification filed for him by his job. The majority of the interview was spent trying to find more evidence about the validity of the labor cert filing (as my hubby EWI and qualifies under 245i). The IO also asked for proof that we had paid the $1,000 penalty, so we provided the USCIS notice as well as a copy of the check (which she said was no good since we could have filled a blank check out and photocopied it). IMPORTANT: bring ALL documentation you've received from USCIS to the interview. She then had me and hubby sign a form about conditional PR, and then had my hubby sign an affidavit about his answers to questions during the interview. However, she then said that she was going to do a bit more research but that she PROBABLY would approve hubby's conditional PR and that we should hear something in a few weeks. My questions are:

For anyone whose SO qualifies under 245i, whether through work or family petition, is this common in the interview to have the IO say she wants to do more research before approving? She said that if we found anymore letters re: the labor filing that we should set an InfoPass appt and bring them in, but she didn't say that we HAD to...

Why would we have to sign a form about conditional residency if she couldn't give us a definitive yes/no at the end of the interview? Is this a good or bad sign?

We're both so glad that the interview is over, but I feel that we still don't have an answer. Help!

Filed: Timeline

In the beginning, the officer asked us for our passports and DL. Then the IO asked questions from the I-465 package. Then she asked for proof of our relationship, we provided utility and phone bills as well as some wedding photos (which she didn't even really look at). She asked me (USC) where I worked, if I had ever been married, where hubby and I met. Basic questions. She asked my husband questions about why his previous marriage didn't work out, when we started dating and about the labor certification filed for him by his job. The majority of the interview was spent trying to find more evidence about the validity of the labor cert filing (as my hubby EWI and qualifies under 245i). The IO also asked for proof that we had paid the $1,000 penalty, so we provided the USCIS notice as well as a copy of the check (which she said was no good since we could have filled a blank check out and photocopied it). IMPORTANT: bring ALL documentation you've received from USCIS to the interview. She then had me and hubby sign a form about conditional PR, and then had my hubby sign an affidavit about his answers to questions during the interview. However, she then said that she was going to do a bit more research but that she PROBABLY would approve hubby's conditional PR and that we should hear something in a few weeks. My questions are:

For anyone whose SO qualifies under 245i, whether through work or family petition, is this common in the interview to have the IO say she wants to do more research before approving? She said that if we found anymore letters re: the labor filing that we should set an InfoPass appt and bring them in, but she didn't say that we HAD to...

Why would we have to sign a form about conditional residency if she couldn't give us a definitive yes/no at the end of the interview? Is this a good or bad sign?

We're both so glad that the interview is over, but I feel that we still don't have an answer. Help!

i have no idea to any of your answers, but i think you got it, God works miracles

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I don't know what to answer You but I wish You both good luck

i have no idea to any of your answers, but i think you got it, God works miracles

09/29/2007- civil wedding in the US

10/ 8- send AOS

10/15- NOA

10/30- RFE

11/07- fingerprints, Latham NY

11/08- RFE send to USCIS

12/15- case transfered to CSC

01/24- AOS touched

02/11/2008- green card production ordered

02/20- welcome letter and green card in the mail:))))

07/10/2008- our religious wedding and awsome reception in Poland:)))

Joanna

Filed: Timeline

i have a question who need to pay that $1000 penalty ??? what was it in your case ??

AOS

January 19, 2008 - Mailed AOS packet to

January 21, 2008 - Received AOS packet

January 28, 2008 - Checks cashed

January 30. 2008 - Received NOA1 (I130,I765,I485)

Febuary 26. 2008- appt. for Bio

March 26. 2008 BIO taken

March 28. 2008 touch

April 28. 2008 touch and aproved at the Infopass ,EAD on order..

April 30. 2008 I765 touch..... its been aproved allready

May 1. 2008 I765 touch......

May 2. 2008 I765 touch.......

May 5. 2008 EAD is here / Aproval email for I-765

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do not loose any sleep over this. Personally, I think the interview went well and it was just a smoke screen. If any investigation is carried out it will probably be around the labor cert filing to make sure no visa fraud was committed. Also, AOS was not filed based on the labor certification so hopefully they won’t dig too much into considering their caseload. Good luck. :thumbs:

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.