algerian

very confused case

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

any advice would be very appriciated.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

.....and you think this second time around he won't be put in AR because_________ (fill in the blank) Neither he or any woman who files an application with can do anything at all about a case being sent for review.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

.....and you think this second time around he won't be put in AR because_________ (fill in the blank) Neither he or any woman who files an application with can do anything at all about a case being sent for review.

so plz what can you advice him any solution for this big problem.

Timeline

so plz what can you advice him any solution for this big problem.

Sorry....I have NO advice. Doesn't matter what visa and with whom...if his case will be sent for review there is nothing he (or any other woman) can do. I've already stated that.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've not come across that before. So does that mean they can just pull any application out of the queue for review for an indefinate period? I'm guessing it's for possible matters of security or suspected criminal activity that they might do that?

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Timeline

I think if you read around the forums a bit, you'll see that there are cases that are put under review - administrative review. Yes, it can happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'd suggest that you're friend tell his current fiancee (the K1 petitioner) that he does not have feelings for her anymore and that he wants to cancel the petition. I'm not an expert, but cancelling a petition should be possible at any stage. It would be only fair to his fiancee.

As for the 'new' woman he is seeing, I suggest he does some soul-searching about the relationship. K3 currently takes even longer than K1 and can be put 'under review' for just as long. Just tell him to be fair with his current fiancee. No one deserves an SO who doesn't have feelings anymore.

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

won't this send off red flags? he was engaged to an american and was petitioned under k1 and since petition was taking too long, he found another woman -- another american woman at that???-- and now, since a k1 didn't work out, another visa option is being considered in his case-- the k3!... the woman visited 7times in a span of one year.... all those times, the k1 petition was still under review, hmmmm... if i were the one reviewing this case, these stuff would really raise questions as to the true motive and intent of the beneficiary, BIG TIME!

I agree with steve's girl, your friend should break off his engagement with the previous petitioner first.. and inform the new girl of the existance of the other fiancee (and all the circumstances surrounding that prior engagement, including petition filed for him), if she is not yet aware of it.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

This was also posted in another forum. I answered there also.

The first petition has to be cancelled before your friend can marry someone else and begin anew. The first 'american' woman has to withdraw the the K-1 petition upon which the K-1 visa application is based. Your friend is the beneficiary in this process, he can't do jack. It is the US citizen that has to act, just like it is the US citizen (the 2nd american woman) that has to apply for the CR1 or K3 visa if she chooses to marry your friend and apply for him.

On another note....your friend has stopped feeling for his first american woman...but somehwere in the agonoizingly long, over a year, wait he's met someone else who's come to visit him 7 times?!? Wow he must be one smooth talker! :whistle: (I'm not even going to expound on what this looks like) :whistle::whistle:

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

I would just love to hear him use his smooth talking at the consulate, explaining how he has the K1 pending, and he already had 7 visits and this new intense relationship develop and that this is "the one", the first one wasnt the one cause A/R took too long, so this one seems like a better one. Give me a break. The consulate may or may not see this often, but they can see through the lines of dishonesty, and someone seeking a quicker option to gain entry into the US... and this is what it seems to me.

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hummmm.............I wont totally say what I think of this situation either lol :whistle::whistle:

But all I could recommend is to tell your friend to stay in his own country ;)

Because now I doubt they would even let him/you through at US borders loll

:lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.