JNet

? about p/u of visa in Manila

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, do you need to send a letter in advance to the embassy in order to p/u the visa as soon as possible after the interview? I saw an earlier post that you have to tell the interviewer about your request, so I just want to make sure. Our interview is on Feb. 4 and my baby is about to go to Manila this coming week. We are soooo excited and ready. Thanks, Joe

hi joe and ashley,

you can show the letter to the consul on the day of the interview, consul will decide whether you can pick it up or not.

hope this helps.

Good Luck on your interview! keep us updated! ;)

-jyz (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes! your fiancee must show a letter to the consul for visa pick up

118283530184.gifJessel Chris11837926282d.gif

11-20-2004 ♥ when we are falling in love

03-03-2007 ♥ he visit me in Cebu

03-05-2007 ♥ he visit my family

03-06-2007 ♥ we're officially engaged

--------------♥ so many things happened / unforgettable date

03-11-2007 ♥ temporary departure

03-14-2007 ♥ finally, he went home to Florida...very sad day...

04-06-2007 ♥ I29F sent to CSC

04-12-2007 ♥ CSC received I29f

04-13-2007 ♥ NOA1 received through mail

08-07-2007 ♥ status online RFE

08-11-2007 ♥ got RFE letter

08-13-2007 ♥ calling CSC about RFE

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

08-18-2007 ♥NOA2 hard copy

10-29-2007 ♥MEDICAL @ SLEC

11-07-2007 ♥INTERVIEW DAY!!!APPROVED!!!

12-14-2007 ♥Soon to be with my GG!!!

What is the letter for?

What can you possibly reason for a Visa Pickup?

I mean it is written on the guidelines on not to make travel plans..

I would just ask if I can pick up her Visa. If CO ask me why? I just tell him for no reason, or we go out alot..

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

What is the letter for?

I would just ask if I can pick up her Visa. If CO ask me why? I just tell him for no reason, or we go out alot..

Hmp? This is the first time I heard of any letter.. Wonder where these people saw this??

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Hey guys, do you need to send a letter in advance to the embassy in order to p/u the visa as soon as possible after the interview? I saw an earlier post that you have to tell the interviewer about your request, so I just want to make sure. Our interview is on Feb. 4 and my baby is about to go to Manila this coming week. We are soooo excited and ready. Thanks, Joe

You must be very polite to them or they will chose not to allow you pick-up there. Just be very humble, and not to assertive. Address the consulate as "Yes Sir or Yes Maam" only.... It is their call......Good Luck to you!!!! :yes:

Most of those who request visa pick-up asked the CO personally after the interview and I haven't heard of a letter of request. It is the CO's discretion to grant the request, but you must have a valid reason for requesting one and be polite. As what Roserick said, it is on their guidelines that applicants should not make travel plans before visa is on hand (delivered). Good Luck!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What is the letter for?

Usually the reason of requesting for visa pick-up is having a prior arrangement of flight. Well, its already given that this is not advisable but most of the applicants where petitioners join them for interview arranged flight schedule. Others reason I heard is that they already settled the US wedding plans.

Letter usually submit to CO after he/she confirms that the applicant passed the interview, which is what I did..

You can check the details of my K1 Visa interview with Visa Pick-up request here;

http://annie-thejourney.com/?p=77

Please take note that not everybody has being approved for visa pick-up..though check what i did & maybe it can give you an idea on how to be approve in visa pick-up, especially if you REALLY have a target date of arrival in US.

So far i haven't seen any approved K1 visa applicant who made a request of visa pick-up, so for others who want to their chance..there's no harm in trying.

By the way, fOr new K1 visa applicants..im sharing my old notes..check the SPECIALS page in my blog, you might want to create your own OFFLINE WISHFUL TIMELINE. This file truly helped me a lot..

cheers!

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

What is the letter for?What can you possibly reason for a Visa Pickup? I mean it is written on the guidelines on not to make travel plans..I would just ask if I can pick up her Visa. If CO ask me why? I just tell him for no reason, or we go out alot..
Usually the reason of requesting for visa pick-up is having a prior arrangement of flight. Well, its already given that this is not advisable but most of the applicants where petitioners join them for interview arranged flight schedule. Others reason I heard is that they already settled the US wedding plans.Letter usually submit to CO after he/she confirms that the applicant passed the interview, which is what I did..You can check the details of my K1 Visa interview with Visa Pick-up request here;http://annie-thejourney.com/?p=77Please take note that not everybody has being approved for visa pick-up..though check what i did & maybe it can give you an idea on how to be approve in visa pick-up, especially if you REALLY have a target date of arrival in US.So far i haven't seen any approved K1 visa applicant who made a request of visa pick-up, so for others who want to their chance..there's no harm in trying.By the way, fOr new K1 visa applicants..im sharing my old notes..check the SPECIALS page in my blog, you might want to create your own OFFLINE WISHFUL TIMELINE. This file truly helped me a lot..cheers!
Wow, several responses and it is good to hear what others have experienced. My friend was told to take a letter to request p/u of visa. My reason is not that we have already scheduled a flight, but that she would leave as soon as possible. She does not plan on going back home first, so we had hoped that she could just pick it up when it was processed. I must confess that after all of the research and time spent thinking out all of our options on this whole process I did not know that picking up the visa was up to a person's discretion. We had hoped that it was just another way to receive it. Thanks and it is good to learn from all of the members here who are trying to help!

Timeline
I must confess that after all of the research and time spent thinking out all of our options on this whole process I did not know that picking up the visa was up to a person's discretion. We had hoped that it was just another way to receive it. Thanks and it is good to learn from all of the members here who are trying to help!

its kinda discouraging knowing that request for visa pick-up still depends on their approval.. maybe its just their way to control crowd in the USE..just imagine hundreds of applicants per day & they will be very much open for visa pick-up ..surely they will need another room for line of those visa pick-up applicants...

Edited by alexandra8886

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

its kinda discouraging knowing that request for visa pick-up still depends on their approval.. maybe its just their way to control crowd in the USE..just imagine hundreds of applicants per day & they will be very much open for visa pick-up ..surely they will need another room for line of those visa pick-up applicants...

Yeah just like the Passport releasing in the Philippines.. The crowd is pretty big.. I can imagine VISA too..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

• 2 months later...
Timeline

No need to pay the delivery fee..since you want to pick your visa personally.

Gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.