Agentes

Packet 3 - Colombia

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, I will just jump right in here for a first post....

Does anyone have a copy of a recent Packet 3, or can someone clarify the discrepancies between the online pdf versions? I see the fees have changed and the Spanish version is different than the English version.

We were going to fax over our paperwork; but since there are discrepancies between the online versions, we were waiting to see exactly what she received. However; she has yet to receive it.

Today my wife's friend in Bogota went to pick up Packet 3, but the line was too long for our friend to stay.

Since I know it is possible that we may never receive Packet 3, I would just like to get this over with.

Thanks for any/all help!

P.S. I know my post shows very little of an intro for a first post. I apologize, it's just that right now I am at the point where I feel like I am at a stale mate with this Packet 3 and I want to move past it and get to the next step.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Department of state as recently increesed the K-Visa fee from $100 to $131, some consulates sometimes send out the immigrant visa instruction sheet which may indicate a higher visa fee than the fee for the K-Visas.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/dec/97384.htm (K-Visas are NON-Immigrant visas so fee is $131)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The link for packet 3 for the US Embassy in Bogotá can be found in the Colombian Club thread found in the Foreign Embassy forum. You need to start from the last page down until you find it. I know there are a lot of pages and it might be a pain in the neck to do so, but the information you need is right there.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I went back through that thread and that is one reason that prompted me to finally join and post because the packets are conflicting. Those listed there are technically outdated as well, so I thought there might be a new one. (Newer than September 2007)

The dates on the Spanish version and the English version are different. (With significant difference)

Only one version mentions the Baptism certificate.

The fee is wrong. (Thanks for the update on the Fee.)

My guess is/was that the embassy has a recent one; but their web site isn't updated yet with the latest pdf, and it might be floating around here. Then again, since it is Colombia they very well could be just winging it.

Thanks!

Timeline

Alright!

I just got news that we got our Packet 3. This has had me nuts, because I wanted to see for myself exactly what was the latest being sent out since the changes.

Thanks again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So is the packet 3 different than the one on the Bogota Embassy page?

Good luck with everything! :thumbs:

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Timeline

Thanks! I sure hope it all goes well too. I think so, it's just nerve racking at moments.

Well, I finally have closure as to what this would consist of.

We got the first page of the instructions in English and the rest in Spanish.

One thing I noticed with the pdfs that I got on the web were that the Spanish Instructions were dated March of 2007 and the English September 2007. Our English and Spanish pages both said September 2007, but at first glance it doesn't look like anything changed.

All the forms included were in Spanish except the I-134 which was in English.

All the forms were outdated like on the web.

None of the prices were updated, and there were not any attachments stating new prices.

I am sure people are seeing this and thinking "I could have told you that" but since we were seeing conflicting info, we wanted to see and know for sure what the newest version being sent out was. We thought they just might not be updating the website, and because of my time constraints this next trip to Colombia, we won't have much room for error. One thing I have learned about this whole thing is that you see what the government tells you, read/learn what you can about people's experiences, pray, and then pick a path somewhere in the middle.

*** While previewing my post I decided to check my email. The Embassy replied telling me that the outdated forms are still valid and the Certificado of Migratorio is only needed if the Beneficiary has traveled outside Colombia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband never travelled outside of Colombia before his interview and he still needed to bring his Migratory Movement (Certificado Migratorio) to his interview. It's best to get it just in case.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello to all:

I wanted some information on packet 3. What exactly comes in packet 3? I just a got approved for the I-129F and I called the National Visa Center and they told

me that on the 8th of January they sent my case to Bogota aND they also gave me the BGT xxxxxxxx. I want download the documents and fax them then

mail it to Bogota. My fiance doesn't speak English and the forms that I have are in English would that be ok to fax or should I get the spanish forms.

Also I read on Mononoke28 the Guia para Visa K1 that in packet 3 comes carta de presentacion ( WHat exactly is this and where do I get it). Copia de la pagina de datos

biograficos del pasaporte de la novia/o (WHat is this) and I have DS 230 part 1 and 2 and OF-169 Where can i get that.

PLease I want to send this to my fiance on monday so that he can fax it to Bogota on Tuesday. PLease I need help this is so stressful. :help::help::help:

kat

.png

.png

Timeline

We got this for our K3 Packet 3:

OF-169

DS 230

List of Documents (Check List)

Specs for the Passport Pictures.

DS156

I-134

I was filling out the DS230 for my wife in English, but I had the same thought as you because she technically doesn't speak English. I say "technically" because if asked, she will say she doesn't, because she doesn't think her English is good. Now I am doing the Spanish version.

In our Packet 3 all forms were in Spanish except the I-134. The Spanish check list doesn't mention the Certificado Migratorio, but we are getting one.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

While I am here I thought that I would throw this out there for anyone that stumbles on this in the future.... Packet 4's are containing inserts about the new fees and Domesa stuff.

Also; they are asking for the Certificado Migratorio in Packet 4.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.