CarolineM

Your wedding....

How many people were/will be at your FIRST wedding to your SO???  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How many guests?

• 0-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-100
    • 101+
  2. 2. Did you have a second "wedding" or ceremony?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. If yes, how many people were at THAT ceremony or reception?

• we didn't have a second one
    • 0-10
    • 11-50
    • 51-100
    • 100+

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

As we are planning our stateside "reception" I'm just curious!!

Give me details too - I never get tired of wedding stories

Our Aussie wedding had 30 people.

We are having a reception here in Florida with about 60 people. It's not a ceremony, just a reception,.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Portland City Hall, baby! Me and my hubby and his parents as witnesses.

Chris plays a whole heap of weddings over the summer, so the "big white wedding" thing is somewhat jaded to him. Also, being a VWP bride meant that we didn't have the planning time.

Had we had a little more time it would probably have been at the bandstand at Fort Williams, with some of his friends and any of mine who could have made it over.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Our wedding ceremony was very private, only the two of us and two of the hotel crews as our witnesses. We were 'separated' for 1.5 years after that before I came here on K3. No 2nd reception or nothing, we just went to our 'honeymoon' (if you want to call it that :D ) to Niagara Falls last December. (L)

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Well, I kind of jumped the gun answering. Our second wedding is this Saturday!

:dance::dance: have a great day!!! (F)(L)(F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, I kind of jumped the gun answering. Our second wedding is this Saturday!

:dance::dance: have a great day!!! (F)(L)(F)

Thanks! My mom and dad are throwing us a pretty fancy affair. About 130 people - too bad only my side of the family though and that Wadi's family can't be here. Oh well, such is immigration!

Since the poll asked if there already WAS a second reception or honeymoon, I could correctly answer "didn't have one".

My dad WOULD like to host a second reception in Calgary, but that will have to be after (US) Thanksgiving--as he will be in India from late May till late November.

Edited by sriniv

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We had 4 guests at the ceremony; my parents and 2 of our friends here. We came back to our apartment for champagne, and we changed into casual clothes and went for a meal. We met up with a few friends later that night for a few drinks.

Then we threw a big party in our house that weekend, where my parents met his family...and got on like a house on fire!! It wasn't a dressy affair...and was great craic!!!

All of our friends from Columbus came and lots of Rob's friends that he hadn't seen since before he moved to Ireland. A good friend of mine from college, who lives in Manhattan also came for the weekend too.

We had every spirit imaginable, kegs of beer, wine, cheese trays, meat trays, and loads of other food too...desserts. junk-food, veggie sticks.

I wouldn't change one single thing about our wedding day or our casual party :D We're not having a 2nd ceremony, cos for us, we really loved how intimate and un-pressured everything was the first time round! We'll have a big celebration in Ireland for our 1st child's christening/baptism instead.

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

We are running away to Vegas....we haven't told any of the famillies yet.... :help: We want a small relaxed wedding...and won't get that if we do the whole family thang here :lol:

Selfish? yes! Our day? yes! :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We got married at the India Building in Edinburgh. We had two friends as witnesses (both friends of my husband's who happened to be around that day to watch a rugby match). We planned to have a party afterwards but it didn't happen. This is a second marriage for both- we have both had the big weddings. We wanted the day to be about our marriage, not about a wedding. It was a wonderful day and I would not change anything at all.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We did the small courthouse wedding thing (well technically it was town hall).. We were married by the mayor of our town who managed to open town hall for us on a Saturday so it would be easier for my family to come from Canada (very nice of him!) I wore the fancy dress (that I made) and hubby wore a suit (with a vest and tie that I made with the contrast colour of my dress.. turned out pretty well too!) .. my family came, his family came.. and my mom's good friend, and the couple we were living with at the time.. It was nice.. :) Small, but I think that's easier and WAY less stress (not to mention cheaper!) My mom and dad's 35th wedding anniversary was this year (last sunday actually) and she wants to have a big to-do this summer with us there to celebrate their anniversary and our wedding.. so we'll see.. but i dont really consider that a reception or anything..

On the same wedding theme.. one of our cousins on my husband's side invited us to their wedding, but we have to pay to go! ($50 bucks for the two of us.. uncles and aunts have to pay $50 a person!) I can't believe people are doing that these days... if you can't afford it, have a smaller wedding! (dont mean to offend if there are those here that did that..)

We had about 20 crowded into that little room at the court house and then we took everyone out for breakfast!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne