8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

G'day

I just got my RFE's for my girls AOS (mine is done and approved) today. This is what the RFE said:

I-693 Medical Examination: Please submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. A review of the record indicates that you entered the United States pursuant to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa; however, the record is devoid of your U.S. Department of State medical examination form. (this is where I swore) Therefore, you are requested to submit the aforementioned I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, completed by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. Current regulations now require that the tuberculin skin test be completed by all applicants 2 years of age and older. A chest X-ray is required only when the reaction to the skin test is 5 millimeters or more.

So does this mean I have to get my 2 girls examined again??? By the looks of it they don't have the record from Canada that was already submitted when I had my K1 interview....or the I-693 supplement that I had done and submitted when I sent in my AOS packages for all 3 of us. I am wondering if they think somehow I am rich and can do this over simply because they lost it. (OK that is my bitchyness coming out..lol) What is stupid is that we can't even open the "sealed" envelopes and make copies when we have them so we can send them in again just in case they don't have record of it.

Geesh

..........now I will get off my soapbox, but really if anyone has any words of advice I would certainly appreciate it.

:unsure:

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did you get vaccination record transfered to a supplement by a civil surgeon, and include it with your I-485?

I-485 page 3

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

If not, then just get the supplement done and return it with the RFE, not a full medical. Some doctors give you an extra copy of the supplement.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Yes, I had that done and sent in with my application. I have the extra copy here. Guess I'm just worried if I don't do a FULL medical again they will reject their application stating that I did submit ALL the evedence as requested!!!

Happy Merry Christmas!!! geesh

again...I'm just a little pissy about this whole deal!!

Thanks YuAndDan

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

Timeline

Thanks Krikit, I'm going to talk to my hubby to see if he wants to go that route. I really see it being pointless to pay for 2 more exams that I had already done.

....such is life!!!

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Did you get vaccination record transfered to a supplement by a civil surgeon, and include it with your I-485?

I-485 page 3

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

If not, then just get the supplement done and return it with the RFE, not a full medical. Some doctors give you an extra copy of the supplement.

yes i did that - took 7 minutes for the doc to trnsfer my K1 stuff to the US form and i think they charged 25 dollars in milwaukee

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

yup had it all done by the book...

I saw a civil surgeon for the girls and the total was 68.00 for the both. As for me I saw a different one and I am now missing 1 arm and 1 leg.

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It looks like they are asking for the TB skin test, did you have that done? I would infopass and check whether they have in fact lost the original or exactly what they need.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.