Spanglish

You're going to love this

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What is an oxymoron?

A logical government system.

I don’t know where to start. I filed form I-130 for both my wife and stepdaughter at the same time and mailed in the same envelope. They both have the same 1NOA June 19, 2007 and they both received their first touch on November 11, 2007. My wife was approved on November 13, 2007. But my stepdaughter has sat at November 11 with no further touches. I have called the USCIS numinous times to just get the standard answer of “it can take 6 months”. I went to my mail box Saturday December 8 to find the first package from the NVC for my wife. And under this envelope was a letter from the USCIS CSC, when I saw the blue paper I knew it was a RFE. The action date was November 30 and they requested a certified birth certificate with English translation showing both parents for my 9 year old stepdaughter. Now my first point is and I do not believe I am wrong, the instructions for an I-130 do not tell a stepparent to send a birth certificate. I will now copy and paste the instructions from the I-130.

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

You have to prove that there is a family relationship between you and your relative. If you are filing for:

2. A child and you are the mother: Submit a copy of the child's birth certificate showing your name and the name of your child.

3. A child and you are the father: Submit a copy of the child's birth certificate showing both parents' names and your marriage certificate.

8. Stepparent/stepchild: If your petition is based on a stepparent-stepchild relationship, you must file your petition with a copy of the marriage certificate of the stepparent to the child's natural parent showing that the marriage occurred before the child's 18th birthday, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages were legally terminated.

So I now ask the group was I wrong, as I am the stepfather then I am number 8 not number 2.

Luckily I had two certified copies of her birth certificate with translations, as I will need at the NVC and was able to get to the post office before closing time and sent priority mail at a cost $16.50. It arrived yesterday Monday December 10, 2007. I looked at the USCIS web site last night and it stilled showed last touch of November 11, 2007. Today December 11, 2007 I received an email from the USCIS saying that they sent me a RFE today December 11, 2007 and I checked the web site and the last touch date showed December 11, 2007. So I called the USCIS CSC and the man said that they sent me a RFE for my stepdaughter birth certificate today December 11, 2007. I told him that I had already received on December 8, 2007 and they received it back yesterday December 10, 2007. He seemed dump founded and had no explanation as to why the system generated two RFE for the same thing and did not show the first one.

You got to love governments.

6-23-06 Met, Cali Colombia

Visited Estrella 8 times before marriage.

5-28-07 Married San Andras Island Colombia

6-5-07 Mailed overnight I-130 for both of them.

6-7-07 I-130's received at TSC.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Estrella 1-130 approved 11-13-07 still waiting on our daughter

11-16-07 Recived Estrella's 2 NOA in the mail but no info on daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I sent in my step-daughters birth certificate because I could not think of any other document to prove she was under 18 (or her age at all).

So, I think this is the thing, some how you have to prove 2 things:

1) She is under 18 at the time you married.

2) She is the child of the spouse you married.

The only way to prove those two items is by sending in her birth certificate I think.

Logical ?

Timeline
I sent in my step-daughters birth certificate because I could not think of any other document to prove she was under 18 (or her age at all).

The only way to prove those two items is by sending in her birth certificate I think.

Logical ?

Yes I agree it's logical as there is no other link that binds my wife to her daughter. But the fact is the USCIS does not list this as an item to send. If they have instructions then they should be followed.

It would be like you receiving a RFE because you did not include a 325-A for your stepdaughter, when an 325A is not listed as needed for a stepchild. Or receiving a RFE because you did not send a copy of your social security card when the instructions for a stepchild say nothing about sending your social security card.

I followed the instructions exactly.

I just hate governments that make everything complicated.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Logical ?

Yes I agree it's logical as there is no other link that binds my wife to her daughter. But the fact is the USCIS does not list this as an item to send. If they have instructions then they should be followed.

It would be like you receiving a RFE because you did not include a 325-A for your stepdaughter, when an 325A is not listed as needed for a stepchild. Or receiving a RFE because you did not send a copy of your social security card when the instructions for a stepchild say nothing about sending your social security card.

Instructions are no substitute for brains. The concept is to demonstrate the family relationship. A birth certificate is the only thing I could possibly provide to tie my step-daughter to my wife, since they don't share the same family name, so I sent it in. This shouldn't cause much of a delay but you will be dealing with the holiday slow down due to time off etc. and mail delays.

In many cases the child will carry the family name of a former spouse named in a divorce decree but as evidence, it's pretty tenuous.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Logical ?

Instructions are no substitute for brains. The concept is to demonstrate the family relationship. A birth certificate is the only thing I could possibly provide to tie my step-daughter to my wife, since they don't share the same family name, so I sent it in. This shouldn't cause much of a delay but you will be dealing with the holiday slow down due to time off etc. and mail delays.

In many cases the child will carry the family name of a former spouse named in a divorce decree but as evidence, it's pretty tenuous.

No need to insult me. I have brains and can follow instructions but can not read minds. Yes it is logical to send my stepdaughters birth certificate and in retrospect I should have. The problem is not me, the problem is the I-130 instructions. VJ is for the support of others and to pass on information not to insult people.

Thanks an have a great day.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

Touched 11-11-07

Timeline

Logical ?

No need to insult me. I have brains and can follow instructions but can not read minds. Yes it is logical to send my stepdaughters birth certificate and in retrospect I should have. The problem is not me, the problem is the I-130 instructions. VJ is for the support of others and to pass on information not to insult people.

One more thing while I'm on a roll. Your advise about the US Embassy in Bogota Colombia not being allowed to require a baptismal certificate, was dead wrong. They can and they do if you do not have one you must supply a notarized statement form an older relative. I read your posts and most of them are not in the spirit that a VJ member should post in.

Did you submit your birth certificate when you filed your I-130? No it's not listed as needed.

Did you submit you drivers license? No it's not listed as needed.

Did you submit your Social security card? No it's not listed as needed.

Did you submit a release from your stepchild's biological father? No it's not listed as needed.

Now do you get my point or do you not have brains. What would you have done if you had received a RFE stating you needed to send A release form from your stepchild's biological father. You would have said it's not listed on the I-130 as evidence to submit for a stepdaughter, just like I did and you said I have no brains. (F)

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

Touched 11-11-07

Logical ?

One more thing while I'm on a roll. Your advise about the US Embassy in Bogota Colombia not being allowed to require a baptismal certificate, was dead wrong. They can and they do if you do not have one you must supply a notarized statement form an older relative. I read your posts and most of them are not in the spirit that a VJ member should post in.

Did you submit your birth certificate when you filed your I-130? No it's not listed as needed.

Did you submit a release from your stepchild's biological father? No it's not listed as needed.

Now do you get my point or do you not have brains. What would you have done if you had received a RFE stating you needed to send A release form from your stepchild's biological father. You would have said it's not listed on the I-130 as evidence to submit for a stepdaughter, just like I did and you said I have no brains. (F)

Can we all be friends? Treat each other as we wish to be treated also? :star:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Logical ?

I'm neither insulting you or your brains. I'm talking about understanding concepts and I'm talking to all readers. We must both read AND conceptually understand the instructions to prevent such problems. Anybody can make errors. I sure did. Fortunately, none of them caused any delays or issues.

I did submit MY birth certificate because it is listed as needed. I also supplied my step-daughter's for the reason I already explained. It has to do with understanding the concept. I knew I needed to tie all of us together to get both I-130's approved. I could see no other way to do it without a birth certificate naming my wife as the mother of my step-daughter. I wasn't going to count on an adjudicator to make the connection based on my wife's divorce decree showing former husband's family name matching the step-daughter. It's a highly common name shared by all her cousins and around a hundred million Chinese people.

No, I didn't submit a drivers license because there's no logical or conceptual reason to do so. Same with SS Card. It isn't identification.

I didn't submit a release with the petition because it or the custody document are required later. In our case we had a legal custody document with official translation. It wasn't asked for because the "child" was three weeks from 18 at interview.

As you've stated yourself, a notarized statement from an older relative can be substituted for a baptismal certificate. So, a baptismal certificate is not required. See US Constitution.

You don't get RFE's from USCIS for parental release documents or custody documents because USCIS doesn't want to see them, the Consulate does. You get those requests at interview and if you didn't bring them, you'll be delayed. It's similar to an RFE but later and a different government agency. I haven't a clue why you brought that up.

Again, I didn't say you don't have brains. I'm saying it is important to use our brains to conceptually comprehend the instructions we read, and act accordingly. This is because no set of instructions ever covers all contingencies.

The best instructions you'll see, come with the I-864 but they're still confusing to most, including me, still, sometimes. They're a real brain twister because although they are precise, they are counterintuitive to most.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Logical ?

I apologize for getting hot headed, it's all just soooo frustrating. PEACE

I will devote my energy to getting my stepdaughter's bedroom ready for her, she wants me to paint it pink :help:

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

Touched 11-11-07

Logical ?

I apologize for getting hot headed, it's all just soooo frustrating. PEACE

I will devote my energy to getting my stepdaughter's bedroom ready for her, she wants me to paint it pink :help:

There ya go, this whole process is so frustrating and the landscape changes by the minute or in some cases the seconds. Sometimes its best to send what they ask for, and then some, but if new to the process who would know...we trusted oopsioeeeee past tense their (US GOVERNMENT) that their rules are golden, now they just make me cringe and say..."I wonder what they really want".....anyways go paint, great therapy and god speed hun.

What a flipping ride this will be but again thanks to the senior members here for good advice. Should just start their own law group, quick responses and they dont charge 275 an hour. Yeah!!!!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do like Mr. Bean and take a can of pink paint and a GREAT BIG FIRECRACKER... :lol:

Everyone smile :goofy:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

I did want to mention that you gotta praise some of the worldy advice here from the SENIORS lol - and would luv to have some of them litigate some of my work....but would have HOHOHO there for enjoyment as he seems to sum it up perfectlyin most of his threads. I feel for all, but when I read his posts, he does make me laugh with his comments.

Sorry HOHOHO tis meant as a compliment at this point of our journey

Cheers to all and sod off to USCIS and their xmas parties. Get back to work!!!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
What is an oxymoron?

A logical government system.

I don’t know where to start. I filed form I-130 for both my wife and stepdaughter at the same time and mailed in the same envelope. They both have the same 1NOA June 19, 2007 and they both received their first touch on November 11, 2007. My wife was approved on November 13, 2007. But my stepdaughter has sat at November 11 with no further touches. I have called the USCIS numinous times to just get the standard answer of “it can take 6 months”. I went to my mail box Saturday December 8 to find the first package from the NVC for my wife. And under this envelope was a letter from the USCIS CSC, when I saw the blue paper I knew it was a RFE. The action date was November 30 and they requested a certified birth certificate with English translation showing both parents for my 9 year old stepdaughter. Now my first point is and I do not believe I am wrong, the instructions for an I-130 do not tell a stepparent to send a birth certificate. I will now copy and paste the instructions from the I-130.

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

You have to prove that there is a family relationship between you and your relative. If you are filing for:

2. A child and you are the mother: Submit a copy of the child's birth certificate showing your name and the name of your child.

3. A child and you are the father: Submit a copy of the child's birth certificate showing both parents' names and your marriage certificate.

8. Stepparent/stepchild: If your petition is based on a stepparent-stepchild relationship, you must file your petition with a copy of the marriage certificate of the stepparent to the child's natural parent showing that the marriage occurred before the child's 18th birthday, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages were legally terminated.

So I now ask the group was I wrong, as I am the stepfather then I am number 8 not number 2.

Luckily I had two certified copies of her birth certificate with translations, as I will need at the NVC and was able to get to the post office before closing time and sent priority mail at a cost $16.50. It arrived yesterday Monday December 10, 2007. I looked at the USCIS web site last night and it stilled showed last touch of November 11, 2007. Today December 11, 2007 I received an email from the USCIS saying that they sent me a RFE today December 11, 2007 and I checked the web site and the last touch date showed December 11, 2007. So I called the USCIS CSC and the man said that they sent me a RFE for my stepdaughter birth certificate today December 11, 2007. I told him that I had already received on December 8, 2007 and they received it back yesterday December 10, 2007. He seemed dump founded and had no explanation as to why the system generated two RFE for the same thing and did not show the first one.

You got to love governments.

Dateline:

Well guys dispite the fact that some members on this site veiw themselves as Gods answer to all the poor stupid little people I've came back the see what new smart ### remarks he can make.

Here's the latest, the CSC web site shows they received my RFE (stepdaughters birth certificate) on 12-18-07. Showed touched on 1-3-08. Now shows that another RFE was sent on 1-8-2008. Hopefully I'll receive Friday or Saturday. I will not be surprized if the ask again for her birth certificate. Or maybe I should have sent my mothers bra size but the I-130 instructions are not clear on weither it was her bra size at my birth or now. Now you got to remember this is the Department of Homelade Defence and are the people protecting us from terroirist. Boy I sleep soundly knowing that such a compedent group is at the wheel.

Ok now you can write telling us all how stupid I am and that you are Gods gift to the world.

PS I may be stupid but you are fat and ugly. O yea I did not use spell check so if you can not translate i'm sure one of the lesser people can help ya.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

Touched 11-11-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.