amrssnowangel

K1 at NVC in AP BEFORE GOING TO CONSULATE???

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

I have an approved K1 petition that was just sent to the NVC a week ago. I was just told that it was in Administrative Processing???????????? Does this mean security name checks?? BEFORE going to Cairo embassy? Im a bit lost. Will this mean a long wait?? What is this?

Thanks,

Faith

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, this is normal, our K-1 was in AP for about 2 weeks before the sent it on to the consulate.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Faith,

check out today's posts of weedebz, I think she went through something similar...

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

A link to more detailed info on AP/AR at NVC:

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Our case was stuck at NVC for almost 2 months.... :wacko: When I called, they told me our case was under review...

You can see our timeline below.

AOS

12/20/07 -Sent I-485 & I-765

12/22/07 -Application received in Chicago

12/29/07 -I-797C received via postal mail

01/10/08 - Received Biometrics appointmert notice

01/14/08 - Received email case transfered to CSC

01/18/08 - Biometrics appointment 8:00 am Louisville Kentucky

01/18/08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched 3 times each

01/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

01/23/08 - I-485 Touched

01/24/08 - I-485 Touched

01/25/08 - I-485 Touched

02/12/08 - EAD card production ordered

02/19/08 - EAD card received

03/26/08 - I-485 Touched

03/27/08 - I-485 Touched

04/17/08 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!

04/21/08 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

ROC

01/26/10 - Sent I-751 to Vermont

01/29/10 - Application received in Vermont

02/03/10 - Check cleared bank

02/08/10 - Received NOA 1 (Dated 2/01/2010)

02/18/10 - Received biometrics notice

03/02/10 - Biometrics appointment

03/02/10 - Touch

03/03/10 - Touch

04/25/10 - I-765 Touched on a Sunday!!

06/04/10 - APPROVED!!

06/04/10 - I-551 Stamp in Passport

06/17/10 - Received "GREEN CARDS"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
A link to more detailed info on AP/AR at NVC:

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Whoa! That's pretty extensive. :blink:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi,

I have an approved K1 petition that was just sent to the NVC a week ago. I was just told that it was in Administrative Processing???????????? Does this mean security name checks?? BEFORE going to Cairo embassy? Im a bit lost. Will this mean a long wait?? What is this?

Thanks,

Faith

Faith,

Did NVC give you this information? I haven't called this week to check to see if they recieved my paperwork but last did on Friday. I hope that if it really is in security name checks that it goes quickly.

Best Wishes,

Tasha

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Faith

Faith,

Did NVC give you this information? I haven't called this week to check to see if they recieved my paperwork but last did on Friday. I hope that if it really is in security name checks that it goes quickly.

Best Wishes,

Tasha

I had some inept girl on phone. I called back later...it was explained that the K1 visas are not immigrant visas but temporary visas. Therefore our petitions are expedited. AP didn't mean "name checks" rather it means they go through our file, make sure all is there. Its like a double check. Then its entered into the "system" for Cairo...before its sent. Seems to be taking about a week after they get them. Yours SHOULD have gotten there the day after mine..on the 6th. Im figuring they will send them before the end of this week..HOWEVER...the embassy is CLOSED on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thrusday for Eid. Its Eid after Hajj.

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Faith

Faith,

Best Wishes,

Tasha

I just called NVC today and they still do not have record of my file being transferred there. I'll keep checking and I am so glad for you that it doesn't mean it is held up.

I had some inept girl on phone. I called back later...it was explained that the K1 visas are not immigrant visas but temporary visas. Therefore our petitions are expedited. AP didn't mean "name checks" rather it means they go through our file, make sure all is there. Its like a double check. Then its entered into the "system" for Cairo...before its sent. Seems to be taking about a week after they get them. Yours SHOULD have gotten there the day after mine..on the 6th. Im figuring they will send them before the end of this week..HOWEVER...the embassy is CLOSED on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thrusday for Eid. Its Eid after Hajj.

Timeline

I just called NVC today and they still do not have record of my file being transferred there. I'll keep checking and I am so glad for you that it doesn't mean it is held up.

Yours should be there soon...but i just realized yours is coming from a different center and California is taking longer...just keep tabs on it....call late tonight...they are open till 12 I think....If it came in on Friday...they may just be getting it into the system today...Call every day to track that thing...we worked hard to get it there...dont want to lose sight of it....

Edited by amrssnowangel

Timeline

Yours should be there soon...but i just realized yours is coming from a different center and California is taking longer...just keep tabs on it....call late tonight...they are open till 12 I think....If it came in on Friday...they may just be getting it into the system today...Call every day to track that thing...we worked hard to get it there...dont want to lose sight of it....

I will keep up on it and call every day. Thanks for all of your help and posting packet 3. Keep in touch!

Timeline

I just called again and it will be two weeks tomorrow and the man said it is too soon to be checking our time frame is 2-4 weeks up to 90 days. OMG, I hope we aren't going to be stuck 3 more months waiting for it to go to NVC but it wouldn't surprise me with everything so screwed up in this process. I know my fiancee will more than likely not be here for the birth of our baby but still if we had the papers in Cairo and an interview set I would have a small amount of peace of mind. I know I need to grow some patience but I freaked when he said 90 days.

Timeline
I just called again and it will be two weeks tomorrow and the man said it is too soon to be checking our time frame is 2-4 weeks up to 90 days. OMG, I hope we aren't going to be stuck 3 more months waiting for it to go to NVC but it wouldn't surprise me with everything so screwed up in this process. I know my fiancee will more than likely not be here for the birth of our baby but still if we had the papers in Cairo and an interview set I would have a small amount of peace of mind. I know I need to grow some patience but I freaked when he said 90 days.

I have news for you...

When the petitions go to NVC...a preliminary screening is done...IF anything hits on that...it sends them directly into a full blown security check...NOT to Cairo. Once the security checks are done...THEN it goes to Cairo..who COULD order more checks if all were not done...its then up to Cairo to decide if they want to issue the visa based on the information that comes back to them. This is getting scarey. Im about to give it all up... just move to cairo and marry him there to live. And to be honest...there IS NO timeframe. IF your petition was not forwarded immediately after NVC recieves it and they say you are in AP...you are NOW in security checks....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.