David_n_Amber

K-1 Vancouver experiences?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive gone back like 30 pages of threads and i think i've only seen about 1 or 2 threads on peoples Vancouver experiences(LOTS for montreal) while filing for the k-1.. i was wondering if anyone had some recent experiences on it? im rather nervous about it all.

THanks

-David

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

From my readings on VJ, Van is a great consulate, very efficient and friendly staff. Interview is usually the easiest part of the whole process. They are still issuing the visas the next day around 2:30 pm

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I was interviewed in Vancouver a year ago. I got my interview a month after I sent in my Package 3. It was a short and sweet interview. The interview wait periods from

returning package 3 are short. The staff are pleasant. I was interviewed in the morning. I think they may do interviews late morning or afternoons now, but when I went

I was able to get my visa while I waited. Now I think you have to go back the day after. If I had any questions, I emailed them, however most questions, if I had any were answered here on VJ. I'm sure I have a Consulate review on my timeline if you check.

Best of luck!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Back in August was when I had my interview, in the early afternoon. Bee and I were really impressed by the efficiency of the staff. They were polite and friendly, definitely not abrupt and rude like I was expecting. I have a more thorough review in my timeline, but I remember emailing the Vancouver consulate a few times and they were always prompt in their responses. Our interview took about ten minutes in total after all the waiting for fingerprints and document preparation, and we picked up my visa the next day.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wrote about my experience here.

Details I didn't include were similar to the Vancouver reviews here:

• Bring your appointment letter and files but don't bring a cell phone or anything more than what you need.
  • Enter at a side door of the building (look for the consulate sign on the sidewalk), where they'll search your bag and you'll go through a metal detector.
  • You'll go up the stairs and then up an elevator, and then your bag will be searched again.
  • You'll wait in a waiting room with (probably) 3 other interviewees.
  • One at a time, you'll be called to the teller-type counter for someone to collect the papers they specifically asked for.
  • Sometime after that, you'll all be called to another counter to be fingerprinted.
  • Sometime after that, you'll have your interview at the first counter (I described mine).
And then you're finished. :)

The people were all very friendly when I was there. The Vancouver consulate has a reputation for great staff.

Edited by vanee

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

One thing to mention is that when you go to pick up your visa, there might be a lineup outside the side door - you're able to bypass the lineup just by telling them that you're picking up your K visa. Otherwise, you'll probably be waiting forever - it was still there when we left with our big white packet!

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.