Misty1979

APPROVED!!!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well...after quite the long interesting trip, my visa was approved yesterday after only a few quick questions, and a very nice experience with the folks in Montreal.

The fact that I made in there at all was kind of a miracle actually. From the get go, everything was going wrong. We started off on the road late, and almost missed the plane. We arrived in Washington DC, and were stuck on the run-way for 2 hours, and were afraid the plane wasn't going to leave at all. I told the guy next to me that if they cancelled this flight, I was going to walk to Montreal lol.

We finally arrive in Montreal about 3 years late, and they've lost both mine and my MIL's luggage. (I got mine back late last night...my MIL still has yet to see hers :angry: )

AND THEN......we check in at La Tour Centreville and finally start to breathe again. At least we had arrived safe, and were could now relax. Or not. As we are sorting out our paperwork, the fire alarm starts to go off. My MIL and I exchange looks, then just giggle and figure its some kids playing with the fire alarms. After a few minutes to contant noise, we decided it might be best afterall to go check and see what is going on. We come out of our room on the 12th floor and start heading down the stairs, since the elevator is not safe if it really is a fire. We reached the 6th floor or so when the thought hit me that all my paperwork for the interview was still in the hotel room, and there was no way I was going to leave it there with my interview being only a few hours away.

I tell my MIL to go ahead without me (by this point, we know it's for real because the stairwells were filled up with water, and people were running around frantically trying to escape the hotel,) and I proceed to run back up the stairs while everyone else running downstairs gives me funny looks assuming I must be crazy lol.

After 6 painful flights of stairs, I finally snatched up all the paperwork, then head back down. Now my MIL is starting to panic and worry, so she is calling me, and coming upstairs to find me hehe.

By the time we reached the main floor, our legs felt like jelly and there were 6 firetrucks, 2 police cars, and one ambulance outside. We weren't allowed back into the hotel until they resolved the situation...(of course.)

Anyways, to make a long story short...there was apparently a couple of teenagers who got drunk in a room on the 6th floor and one of them fell asleep in the tub with the water on. Neither of us believes this though, because we smelled smoke, and there is no way an overfilled tub could fill up 6 floors with that much water. No one who was in the 6th floor or below was able to return to their rooms that night, so we were grateful to be way up on the 12th:)

After all this was over, and we were allowed back in our room, it was already 2am, and we had to be up at 5:30. So I arrived at the interview with about 3 hours sleep, dirty rumpled clothes (due to the luggage being lost,) and red dry eyes since I couldnt take my contacts out without my eye care stuff lol.

But, it was all worth it, and I'm just glad it's finally all over. The rest of the trip was enjoyable, and my husband was absolutely ectstatic when he heard the news:)

I'll write a review a full review as soon as I get a chance:)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Great news Misty.

Congrats!

I hope the missing luggage shows up.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Congratulations Misty!!! :dance:

So lucky to have been on the 12th floor, those stupid kids!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Great news, Misty!

You also get the brave stamp for running back for your paperwork :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Ya, when I stayed there, the firealarm went off too!! I was pretty certain it was the two idiots across from y room who pulled the alarm!! They were arguing and arguing, no clue what language, wasn't English or French,and i dont want to guess. As well they were drunk!! What a pain!! Congrats!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well...after quite the long interesting trip, my visa was approved yesterday after only a few quick questions, and a very nice experience with the folks in Montreal.

The fact that I made in there at all was kind of a miracle actually. From the get go, everything was going wrong. We started off on the road late, and almost missed the plane. We arrived in Washington DC, and were stuck on the run-way for 2 hours, and were afraid the plane wasn't going to leave at all. I told the guy next to me that if they cancelled this flight, I was going to walk to Montreal lol.

We finally arrive in Montreal about 3 years late, and they've lost both mine and my MIL's luggage. (I got mine back late last night...my MIL still has yet to see hers :angry: )

AND THEN......we check in at La Tour Centreville and finally start to breathe again. At least we had arrived safe, and were could now relax. Or not. As we are sorting out our paperwork, the fire alarm starts to go off. My MIL and I exchange looks, then just giggle and figure its some kids playing with the fire alarms. After a few minutes to contant noise, we decided it might be best afterall to go check and see what is going on. We come out of our room on the 12th floor and start heading down the stairs, since the elevator is not safe if it really is a fire. We reached the 6th floor or so when the thought hit me that all my paperwork for the interview was still in the hotel room, and there was no way I was going to leave it there with my interview being only a few hours away.

I tell my MIL to go ahead without me (by this point, we know it's for real because the stairwells were filled up with water, and people were running around frantically trying to escape the hotel,) and I proceed to run back up the stairs while everyone else running downstairs gives me funny looks assuming I must be crazy lol.

After 6 painful flights of stairs, I finally snatched up all the paperwork, then head back down. Now my MIL is starting to panic and worry, so she is calling me, and coming upstairs to find me hehe.

By the time we reached the main floor, our legs felt like jelly and there were 6 firetrucks, 2 police cars, and one ambulance outside. We weren't allowed back into the hotel until they resolved the situation...(of course.)

Anyways, to make a long story short...there was apparently a couple of teenagers who got drunk in a room on the 6th floor and one of them fell asleep in the tub with the water on. Neither of us believes this though, because we smelled smoke, and there is no way an overfilled tub could fill up 6 floors with that much water. No one who was in the 6th floor or below was able to return to their rooms that night, so we were grateful to be way up on the 12th:)

After all this was over, and we were allowed back in our room, it was already 2am, and we had to be up at 5:30. So I arrived at the interview with about 3 hours sleep, dirty rumpled clothes (due to the luggage being lost,) and red dry eyes since I couldnt take my contacts out without my eye care stuff lol.

But, it was all worth it, and I'm just glad it's finally all over. The rest of the trip was enjoyable, and my husband was absolutely ectstatic when he heard the news:)

I'll write a review a full review as soon as I get a chance:)

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Misty on a successful interview, you managed to do it in light of some very trying circumstances. :thumbs: If there's one thing we can all learn from this it is don't stay in the same hotel as Beavis and Butthead. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

:o OMG what a trip!!!! :o

All I can say is since you survived all this anf got your Visa ....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

Congrats. i have been concern about your situation glad to hear that all went well and that this horrific experience is over for now.

Sent I-130 ---october 23rd 2006

NO1 --- November 9th 2006

RFE for marriage certificate--- Jan 03 2007

RFE sent JAN 10th 2007

NO2 Jan 28th 2007

Sent DS3020 March 14th 2007 via email

Email accepted --- March 18th 2007

Sent both I864 and DS230 April 23rd 2007

RFE For both I864 and DS230 may 10th 2007

RFE reply Sent on may 14th 2007

Case completed May 29th 2007

Medicals: October 2nd 2007

Interview: November 27th 2007 *** APROVED

Visa received November 29th 2007

POE:Detroit December 4th, 2007

Applied for SSN: December 5th, 2007 Pending

SSN Received: December 12, 2007

Green card Received: December 29,2007

I751 September 8, 2009

Biometrics October 22, 2009

I-751 Approved November 18th, 2009

Done for good!!!!!!!!

Congrats Misty....a terrible trip for the first part but the end, I'm sure, was fantastic. :dance:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.