rebeccajo

Adjusting

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Here's a fun link Empty Nest Moms :thumbs:

OMG....thanks for that but I can't sit here and read that at work! :crying:

My mom had another baby when I went away to college. Something to consider... :P

ACKKKK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ :lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't have another baby if it dripped gold from it's nose...........

HA! That's hilarious. My mom put her energy into horses. Now my parents have three and my dad thinks he's some kind of Jewish cowboy from NYC. It's hilarious (to me). I think they would agree that another baby might be going too far.

PS It sounds like your son is such a nice kid. Is he in the marching band at college now?

Filed: Other Timeline
you've done a great job as a parent becca :thumbs:

Charles, he's just naturally responsible. I've never felt like I could take any credit for it. When he was a baby he was always up early. And I NEVER had to wake that child to get him off to school.

musta been good genes from your side of the family then :luv:

:lol::lol::lol:

You're so funny.

He used to wake ME up to drive him to school................ :P

The bond between parent and only child is a remarkably unique and strong bond, imo...and it's great for the most part. Except when there's the adjusting of the child growing up/moving out. Becca, stay strong, it's gonna be ok. Just focus on taking the pride of doing such a great job with raising a wonderful young man.

(F)

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As much close and fun my son and I had , I start myself to learn to let it go this early..it will come eventually.. so I will.. :)

((((((HUGS Becca))))))))

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with what everyone has said - it's hard all the way around. So I'm 23 and my husband I just moved away from both of our families and it's really tough (especially since we have kids so the whole grandparent attachment is a whole other ball of wax!!) I still miss my mom terribly and she misses me too I'm sure. My little sister lives in Seattle and we both left around the same time so it was really rough for her. My oldest is living with them right now because I couldn't get him into a good preschool here in VA and I swear I cry every other day even though I know he's ok, I talk to him daily it's just this really strange attachment and bond that makes your heart ache for them. I don't want to think what it will be like in 10-15 years!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Here's a fun link Empty Nest Moms :thumbs:

OMG....thanks for that but I can't sit here and read that at work! :crying:

My mom had another baby when I went away to college. Something to consider... :P

ACKKKK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ :lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't have another baby if it dripped gold from it's nose...........

HA! That's hilarious. My mom put her energy into horses. Now my parents have three and my dad thinks he's some kind of Jewish cowboy from NYC. It's hilarious (to me). I think they would agree that another baby might be going too far.

PS It sounds like your son is such a nice kid. Is he in the marching band at college now?

Jewish cowboy..........hahahahahaha....now THAT'S hilarious!

Is my kid in the band? Whaddya think:

http://gallery.wvuband.org/gallery/3504679#197724393-A-LB

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Sorry you are feeling sad. :(

I question the oatmeal idea like Mags did and suggest a nice big brownie sundae. :P Glad you will get to see him soon!! (F)

I am really close to my parents. I only live about 3 1/2 miles from them. I've never lived far away from them. We joke sometimes that we are not a "normal" family. We always want to be near each other, lol. I didn't go away to college, I just commuted. I didn't move out til I was married. I have a younger sister(only by 2 years) who still lives at home because it's just such a nice place to live. My parents are moving out of state a few weeks after the baby is born(they kind of have no choice at the timing, long story, involves imminent domain) and then Suj and I plan on moving to the same area as them when we can. But knowing they will be 10 hours away scares me! My mom is one of my best friends. I see her almost every day. Don't get me wrong, me and my sister are independent people who do things on our own and don't need our mommy in the weird sense. We just like being around her so much that I don't want to live far away from her, ever. I know it might happen someday but I don't want it to! :innocent: So maybe that isn't normal but I don't care. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

MMMMMM I love oatmeal, and think it's one of my favourite comfort foods as well...with brown sugar and cream. :)

I moved down to the US and left two children in their 20's back in Canada. They have their Dad there, and this is my first Christmas without being with my children. I do know how you feel. I know my kids are healthy and their good kids, but damn...it's hard not to be with them, and they leave a huge hole in your heart when they're not with you.

Hugs!!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

**hugs** Rebecca.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office