rebeccajo

Adjusting

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, first semester will be over soon. My son will be home for Christmas break in about 10 days.

It'll be good to have him here.

I've gotten used to him being gone. He's responsible and mature and I know he's getting along fine. His grades are good and he's got plenty to keep him busy up there.

We talk on Yahoo. We used to talk every night but now not so much. I'm fine with that.

But tonite, when I said goodbye to him, I felt blue.

I think I'm gonna go make some oatmeal and just try to remember this is the way it's supposed to be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Awww...that's really sweet. You sound like my mom on the phone...today...and I moved out seven years ago. :) She had panic attacks the first semester I was gone, but by the start of my sophomore year, she barely had time for me on the phone because she was so busy. You sound like you need a hug... go get one.

Filed: Timeline
Well, first semester will be over soon. My son will be home for Christmas break in about 10 days.

I've gotten used to him being gone. He's responsible and mature and I know he's getting along fine. His grades are good and he's got plenty to keep him busy up there.

We talk on Yahoo. We used to talk every night but now not so much. I'm fine with that.

I think I'm gonna go make some oatmeal and just try to remember this is the way it's supposed to be.

I live a few miles from my parents and they still ask me if I'm eating enough. My wife pokes me in the belly and says yeah I think you are.

I don't claim to understand, not being a parent myself, but I've my mom go through what I think you are.

Stay well *hugz*

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oatmeal? I'd try something a little stronger and more liquidy. :P

You'll see him very soon and it'll go really fast, just you see. (((((Becca)))))

It's the matter of letting him know how much you love and care for him. I think everything's gonna be fine, don't forget his presents! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you've done a great job as a parent becca :thumbs:

bearhug.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The bond between parent and only child is a remarkably unique and strong bond, imo...and it's great for the most part. Except when there's the adjusting of the child growing up/moving out. Becca, stay strong, it's gonna be ok. Just focus on taking the pride of doing such a great job with raising a wonderful young man.

(F)

Timeline
(F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Timeline
Here's a fun link Empty Nest Moms :thumbs:

OMG....thanks for that but I can't sit here and read that at work! :crying:

My mom had another baby when I went away to college. Something to consider... :P

ACKKKK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ :lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't have another baby if it dripped gold from it's nose...........

Timeline
you've done a great job as a parent becca :thumbs:

Charles, he's just naturally responsible. I've never felt like I could take any credit for it. When he was a baby he was always up early. And I NEVER had to wake that child to get him off to school.

musta been good genes from your side of the family then :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My mom's going through the same thing. Youngest kid off to college this year, and my dad's out of town a lot with work, so she's alone in an empty house a lot of the time.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07