esmp

Affadavit of support fee bill

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Could anyone tell if my husband needs to pay the AOS fee bill 3 times (once for my my visa application and once for each of our 2 children?). I am due to fly back to the UK tomorrow and we are trying to get all the paperwork gathered and clarify our plan of action. I am sure it will all be clear on the letters (perhaps!) but as they have not arrived yet thought someone may be able to tell me.

Thanks for your help.

Emma

Married 16th April 2007 - Seattle :)

17th April completing military paperwork (Honeymoon?)

Emma flew back to UK 18th April 2007 :(

Change of name documents arrived for Emma and children

Fedex Em's paper work for I-130 to E in US - 10/05/07

E completed all his paper work - 13/05/07 (I'm impressed!)

Emma had nightmare that all her details were filled out incorrectly and actually spent 6 hours thinking it was real - 13th May !!!!!!

first hiccup - E "out" with work can't get to post office now until 21st May!!!

24th May 2007 - I-130 posted

29th May 2007 - I-130 received at 7am (somebody starts work early!!)

13th June Cheques cleared - one small step but an exciting one!

15th October NOA2 received - 145 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I presume he is filing for I-130 for you all.

If so, then the answer is yes, 3 fees.

I am filing for my wife and daughter, and I called and asked.

NVC said they are separate petitions, and paid for each as if it was separate.

Even when you file the I-860 each one you only claim that one person as a dependent not the others because they are on separate forms.

Really seems strange to me, but it is what they told me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.