Greg and Yasmin

VJ'rs who sent I130 this September 07

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My name is Greg Brice and my wife Yasmin Amor and I have been apart for over 80 days since I left the Philippines on September 4th to get a job and a residence back home here in Florida. I was unable to file the I-130 prior to July and goodness only how I wish I did now. My wife and I are expecting our first child on March 10th 2008 ( a lil girl, :star: ) and I am doing everything I can to get her here to the US before she delivers. I have her on my health insurance here but it won't cover her in the Phil. Here are my questions if anyone can help.

Filed the I-130 for Yasmin and our son and the I-129f at the same time on Sept/09/2007. No reciept number yet and USCIS typical 90 day response. This is rediculous. We pay more fees and it takes longer, leave it to government to perform that majic, errrr!

Q1) 11/23/2007 A USCIS Manager said to have my wife apply for a B1/B2 Travel visa to get her here in order to deliver the baby. Is this wacked or what? A travel visa means my wife must show that she will come back, right? So that is useless or can this be a way to get her here while the I-130 is processed? I am calling USCIS again this Monday (11/26/2007) to confirm this and will update this post.

Q2) Are there any other legal ways to get her to the USA so that she can deliver our child here? Other than flying her to Mexico and bringing her over the border on a pack mule? (Joke LOL)

My congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite office is no help. I am currently emailing Senator Mel Martinez and soon may email some Democrates and see what they can do. It burns me that illegals can give birth here and my wife has to be held up because of RED TAPE!!! :help:

Anyways I am glad I found this site because it is comforting to know we are not the only ones dealing with these issues. All your help and suggesstions are welcome. Tc. n Godbless, Salmant Po

Hello all,

My name is Greg Brice and my wife Yasmin Amor and I have been apart for over 80 days since I left the Philippines on September 4th to get a job and a residence back home here in Florida. I was unable to file the I-130 prior to July and goodness only how I wish I did now. My wife and I are expecting our first child on March 10th 2008 ( a lil girl, :star: ) and I am doing everything I can to get her here to the US before she delivers. I have her on my health insurance here but it won't cover her in the Phil. Here are my questions if anyone can help.

Filed the I-130 for Yasmin and our son and the I-129f at the same time on Sept/09/2007. No reciept number yet and USCIS typical 90 day response. This is rediculous. We pay more fees and it takes longer, leave it to government to perform that majic, errrr!

Q1) 11/23/2007 A USCIS Manager said to have my wife apply for a B1/B2 Travel visa to get her here in order to deliver the baby. Is this wacked or what? A travel visa means my wife must show that she will come back, right? So that is useless or can this be a way to get her here while the I-130 is processed? I am calling USCIS again this Monday (11/26/2007) to confirm this and will update this post.

Q2) Are there any other legal ways to get her to the USA so that she can deliver our child here? Other than flying her to Mexico and bringing her over the border on a pack mule? (Joke LOL)

My congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite office is no help. I am currently emailing Senator Mel Martinez and soon may email some Democrates and see what they can do. It burns me that illegals can give birth here and my wife has to be held up because of RED TAPE!!! :help:

Anyways I am glad I found this site because it is comforting to know we are not the only ones dealing with these issues. All your help and suggesstions are welcome. Tc. n Godbless, Salmant Po

Hi there,

It is very strange that a USCIS manager would tell you that your wife should apply for a B1/B2 (that is a tourist visa), most of the time they get denied...(because there is already an immigrant petition pending). My husband tried it in Mexico and he was denied his tourist visa on the grounds that I am a US citizen married to him who already filed an immigrant petition. They just said NO. He told him he wanted to visit me, but that didn't work.

On a side note, I did not appreciate your racist comment regarding illegals giving birth in the US, you need to be more tactful. They also have rights, so please think twice before you make a racist remark.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

Thanks for your reply,

I took out the quotes so as to not fill up this post. Anyways, I did not make a racist statement and apologize if you took it as such, I just say the facts, why do you think it is a hot political issue (the southern border and anchor babies). Honestly, I could of cared less about this, but now I am caught up in it. As a vet, a tax payer, good citizen I cannot get my elected Republican officials to do didly, like they would anyways! The comment about the pack mule was to make a point to show how desperate people can go to get into this country and I am about that desperate to get my family here as well, but I wouldn't actually do it. I wasn't denigrating anyone, just making a point to the absurdity of our immigration CF (if you know what CF means).

But, yes I don’t think the Travel Visa will work at all, but I did realize some new things by researching so is wasn’t a complete waste of time. But thanks for pointing out the non political correctness of my post.

Greg

Edited by Greg and Yasmin

Thanks for your reply,

I took out the quotes so as to not fill up this post. Anyways, I did not make a racist statement and apologize if you took it as such, I just say the facts, why do you think it is a hot political issue (the southern border and anchor babies). Honestly, I could of cared less about this, but now I am caught up in it. As a vet, a tax payer, good citizen I cannot get my elected Republican officials to do didly, like they would anyways! The comment about the pack mule was to make a point to show how desperate people can go to get into this country and I am about that desperate to get my family here as well, but I wouldn't actually do it. I wasn't denigrating anyone, just making a point to the absurdity of our immigration CF (if you know what CF means).

But, yes I don’t think the Travel Visa will work at all, but I did realize some new things by researching so is wasn’t a complete waste of time. But thanks for pointing out the non political correctness of my post.

Greg

You know what Greg, I am not going to get caught up in your BS (but wow, you sound so bitter, HOW SAD it must be to be you). Anyways, my mom always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself." And that's what I intend to do.

Good luck on your journey...

PS. You know what here's an idea for you....let's start a concentration camp...let's kill all the illegals (that would be the final solution to America's problems)....yeah, that sounds like a good plan, right GREG? You could be the modern day HITLER...I nominate YOU.

(Sorry MOM, I just couldn't resist)

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Thanks for your reply,

Greg

You know what Greg, I am not going to get caught up in your BS (but wow, you sound so bitter, HOW SAD it must be to be you). Anyways, my mom always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself." And that's what I intend to do.

PS. You know what here's an idea for you....let's start a concentration camp...let's kill all the illegals (that would be the final solution to America's problems)....yeah, that sounds like a good plan, right GREG? You could be the modern day HITLER...I nominate YOU.

Oh wow, let it lie - people are upset about illegals and not all are hispanic nature in the USA getting benefits that we dont even consider asking for. All we ask for and are doing is to have our SO here LEGALLY. AND WE ARE DOING IT LEGALLY. Thats my issue with the government and for all that come to the USA enjoy it mates, for its pretty screwed up when you cant even get the truth about a piece of paper in a timely fashion.

I wont interfere with this thread as far as mud slinging but I will say this..............or maybe ask............we are all here for a reason............lets keep it to that and try to lend each other support and advice that we know can help.

Cheers and gl on all your journeys

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline
Thanks for your reply,

Greg

Bitter? me? I apologized to you for pete sake! Your the one that is bent out of shape over this for I don't know why.

L8tr

Thanks for your reply,

Greg

Oh wow, let it lie - people are upset about illegals and not all are hispanic nature in the USA getting benefits that we dont even consider asking for. All we ask for and are doing is to have our SO here LEGALLY. AND WE ARE DOING IT LEGALLY. Thats my issue with the government and for all that come to the USA enjoy it mates, for its pretty screwed up when you cant even get the truth about a piece of paper in a timely fashion.

I wont interfere with this thread as far as mud slinging but I will say this..............or maybe ask............we are all here for a reason............lets keep it to that and try to lend each other support and advice that we know can help.

Susie

I agree Susie, thanks

Thanks for your reply,

Greg

Bitter? me? I apologized to you for pete sake! Your the one that is bent out of shape over this for I don't know why.

L8tr

Thanks for your reply,

Greg

Susie

I agree Susie, thanks

Greg,

Welcome mate. Again This forum has been a godsend for me and the support (wow tons thanks all) has been my xmas present early. Without the support I suppose I would be wandering around and talking to myself saying//////is this normal to wait so long just to get a blimey receipt.

Again, and it is a very real issue for all Americans, the illegal situation is so way out of hand and the dig is that you have to pay money to do it legal ( where in this other case no money is paid, no action is taken and bills are flipping all over the House in Washington DC to make certain concessions for illegals) - sorry to be the one to take this a step further, but when did the word "ILLEGAL" become another word for LEGAL . Forget being Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Russian whatever the case may be since alot of my friends are from all over the world. I bear no bad thoughts on anyone, my ex was from Egypt and just a doll and my sister in law is from Mexico and nephew.

So please, let it go - the illegals are getting a ride at Disney that most of us are still waiting in line for and personally that is totally wrong and again, I will fight the halls of justice for things being done the correct way. I did it the right way , I am paying the extreme price for doing it correctly and even though it hurts so very much, I would not change how we got married, how he went back to the UK with the intent of coming back in two months and then the news from the US EMBASSY IN LONDON, ummm m8, you cant have a B Visa, you may never come back. Even though he has a great job there, home, daughters, they felt his ties to strong to the USA to even consider marriage bonds worthy of being heard.

Our journey is one that many are on. Do you think the blast of anyone person is going to make that plight any easier on the OP - nope.

Drop it and try to help each other cause ya know what.........USCIS and/our reps in the seat of authority (Senator, Congreemen) are not doing it. Where else would we look, except to people that are in this forum, crying every day as we do and with the Holidays coming up for alot of us.....its so very hard.

Good luck to all on their journeys and I for one, have to say that it was a Godsend to find this forum.

Cheers

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

illegals should NOT have rights

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Totally agree with that statement

Greg my wife is Susie and she says it all so clearly in her post is a good place to come and vent and meet others and share advice etc Hope to be there soon and hope your wife is to

Kris

I love you Susie and miss you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I-130

VISA IN HAND IM COMING HOME 10/4/08

Timeline
Greg,

Welcome mate. Again This forum has been a godsend for me and the support (wow tons thanks all) has been my xmas present early. Without the support I suppose I would be wandering around and talking to myself saying//////is this normal to wait so long just to get a blimey receipt.

Again, and it is a very real issue for all Americans, the illegal situation is so way out of hand and the dig is that you have to pay money to do it legal ( where in this other case no money is paid, no action is taken and bills are flipping all over the House in Washington DC to make certain concessions for illegals) - sorry to be the one to take this a step further, but when did the word "ILLEGAL" become another word for LEGAL . Forget being Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Russian whatever the case may be since alot of my friends are from all over the world. I bear no bad thoughts on anyone, my ex was from Egypt and just a doll and my sister in law is from Mexico and nephew.

So please, let it go - the illegals are getting a ride at Disney that most of us are still waiting in line for and personally that is totally wrong and again, I will fight the halls of justice for things being done the correct way. I did it the right way , I am paying the extreme price for doing it correctly and even though it hurts so very much, I would not change how we got married, how he went back to the UK with the intent of coming back in two months and then the news from the US EMBASSY IN LONDON, ummm m8, you cant have a B Visa, you may never come back. Even though he has a great job there, home, daughters, they felt his ties to strong to the USA to even consider marriage bonds worthy of being heard.

Our journey is one that many are on. Do you think the blast of anyone person is going to make that plight any easier on the OP - nope.

Drop it and try to help each other cause ya know what.........USCIS and/our reps in the seat of authority (Senator, Congreemen) are not doing it. Where else would we look, except to people that are in this forum, crying every day as we do and with the Holidays coming up for alot of us.....its so very hard.

Good luck to all on their journeys and I for one, have to say that it was a Godsend to find this forum.

Cheers

Thanks Susie,

I agree, we are all frustrated, but guess what :D . Mary from Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite ® office called me to day to clarify some things for me:

A) Not much they can do until 1: I get a Blimey (lol) Reciept Number, or 2: 90 days passes and then tey start to hound USCIS on my behalf. Her office has a dedicated staff for Constituents in her voting District

B) Nothing I can do with a Travel/Tourist Visa so scratch that idea, Mary said whoever said that at USCIS must be a filler agent pulling missinformation out of the air.

C) Nothing I can do about getting my wife here earlier as being pregnant unless she has a higg-risk pregnancy confirmed by a Doctor that is affiliated with the US Consulate there in the Philippines.

D) From her experience the Visa's are usually approved (if all goes well, no major hangups) in about 160 days and she has heard that should be speeding up because ther are less overall applications filed during this time of the year. She said to think of these last 3 months as a clogged pipe. Once this clock is taken care of all will flow normally again. Don't we hope.

So there you have it :D, we must bit our bottom lip and tough it out. I tol dmy wife this and she was so frustrated at first, but I told her to Pray and we may just squeak by and get her here before March 10th.

Oh one more thought..., How can anyone on here be called a racist when we are all married to forigners? And how is calling aliens ILLEGAL making me a racist? :no: I still canot figure that one out?

Cheers, or in Tagalog Salamant Po! :star:

Timeline

Totally agree with that statement

Greg my wife is Susie and she says it all so clearly in her post is a good place to come and vent and meet others and share advice etc Hope to be there soon and hope your wife is to

Kris

Hi Kris,

Yes it is a great place for me, but my wife is so frustrated over there in the Phil, but I am telling her to just focus on our son and soon to be baby girl. I think she got on here and became more depressed LOL. Anyways thanks for welcoming me aboard.

Greg

Greg,

Cheers

Thanks Susie,

I agree, we are all frustrated, but guess what :D . Mary from Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite ® office called me to day to clarify some things for me:

A) Not much they can do until 1: I get a Blimey (lol) Reciept Number, or 2: 90 days passes and then tey start to hound USCIS on my behalf. Her office has a dedicated staff for Constituents in her voting District

B) Nothing I can do with a Travel/Tourist Visa so scratch that idea, Mary said whoever said that at USCIS must be a filler agent pulling missinformation out of the air.

C) Nothing I can do about getting my wife here earlier as being pregnant unless she has a higg-risk pregnancy confirmed by a Doctor that is affiliated with the US Consulate there in the Philippines.

D) From her experience the Visa's are usually approved (if all goes well, no major hangups) in about 160 days and she has heard that should be speeding up because ther are less overall applications filed during this time of the year. She said to think of these last 3 months as a clogged pipe. Once this clock is taken care of all will flow normally again. Don't we hope.

So there you have it :D, we must bit our bottom lip and tough it out. I tol dmy wife this and she was so frustrated at first, but I told her to Pray and we may just squeak by and get her here before March 10th.

Oh one more thought..., How can anyone on here be called a racist when we are all married to forigners? And how is calling aliens ILLEGAL making me a racist? :no: I still canot figure that one out?

Cheers, or in Tagalog Salamant Po! :star:

Sigh hun, sorry to hear that but I wish you godspeed, and calling someone a racist when married to a foreinger, heck I call my husband all kinds of things when there is a spider in the bathtub and hes across the pond. I would probably look upon that remark as being misread and let it go for we all are here for the same reasons as you and I discussed and its called understanding.

Just read an article in the New York Times and yes they are basically saying the same thing you said above and I am glad you got ahold of your proper political person -but Im still calling USCIS this Friday whether my lawyer agrees or not, heck told him his choice either they call or I do doesnt make a difference to me and also that if USCIS tells me to wait fifteen week that will be unacceptable until they update their website to say that

Side bar here .......for you for me for all of us waiting, lets just hug that pillow next to us tonight and curse out USCIS.

xxxx cheers hun and u have my email addy if ya need to speak

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.