amrssnowangel

IM SO FRUSTRATED

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

What is it with the DSL and phone connections in Egypt? My SO has lost DSL for 5 days and the man that operates his switch has said he's working on it and it's been one thing after the other...not long ago it was the same waiting 4 days for him to replace a switch. Im starting to wonder. Is this normal???? Or is it getting out of hand? What have others experienced. I understand losing connections...but the entire DSL??? For DAYS? Thank God we have Dial Up to fall back on but even then....this isn't making sense. It has really caused alot of stress. Is it normal for these men to take so long to fix things that affect so many people? I'd think that the people in this group from this switch would be after this man and dragging him to go fix it. Im going bald from pulling hair out and im ready to jsut throw my computer, cell phone out the window. Add to it his phone not working right...even though he has a back up one...seems there is ALWAYS a new reason for no dsl, not hearing rings...ect. The distance is getting to me. Any suggestions or ideas??? :crying::crying:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband doesn't have internet in his home so we rely on the cafe's. Fortunately he's there at the same cafe many nights/week so he's made friends with the guy who runs it and he tries to give him the best computer they have each time. Very rarely is there a problem and when there is, it's that the city had a blackout or something.

As far as things taking long to repair, welcome to Egypt. It sucks. My husband's water heater motor broke MONTHS ago and he's STILL working on getting it repaired. It was going good for a while but now broke again. That country is so disorganized I can't even tell you. It's mind boggling to be sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Just take deep breathes and try to relax. We text each other about 4 or 5 times/day and I call about once or twice at regular times in the day. On top of that we chat via webcam for about 1/2 hour a few nights a week. Other than that it just plain sucks but I'm so busy with work and the kids that unless it's the weekend that I'm kidfree I don't really have time to think about it.

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

the connection SUCKS over there !!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus my husband NEVER had reception when he was home.. Drove me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

alex is definitely worse than cairo!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

THANK YOU....its just that i can't get used to this and it causes all sorts of insecurities with us both. I know his dsl operates off a switch owned by another who has 10 people on his router. Three switches total. We are now talking of investing into his own so we can at least have control over it when it goes bad...instead of relying on another. Im spoiled....I know. He has spoiled me with his time and rings and sms's and its hard when they just SUDDENLY stop...even harder when it takes sooo long to fix. And after 4 years....the distance is getting to me. I just want him home here with me...and I KNOW this is just as hard on him as it is me.

How do others here deal with those insecure moments??? Am i the only one that gets these???

Doodlbug....Im glad you got to see your man here recently...sorry to hear of the embassy thing and that heat....guess I will need to prepare for the heat issue.

Thanks to you all for the support...I needed to hear that this is normal there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fieance has been trying to get his dsl back online for over 3 weeks!!!! They say they are coming and don't or else for whatever reason it just takes a lonnng time to resolve problems. I don't even trip about it anymore

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline
My fieance has been trying to get his dsl back online for over 3 weeks!!!! They say they are coming and don't or else for whatever reason it just takes a lonnng time to resolve problems. I don't even trip about it anymore

Is this the company itself that is soo long or an individual that owns the switch he runs off of. WOW we are in the same boat almost. Thats about how long our serious dsl issues have been going on. I think its the heat that affects it. We do this every summer but THIS summer seems worse for us emotionally. Im glad you guys are here. This helps so much because at times I feel we are the only ones that go through this and have to ask...IS it normal????? You all help keep it in perspective and its soo nice to know that others go through it and it IS normal. Thank you soooooooooooooo much.

Anyone here have an SO that has his OWN dsl switch????? Direct from company and not shared? Is THAT any better???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I used to have DSL from LINK.Net very good company and now since my family use it if they have any problem they have 24/7 support and they come next day to fix any problem...Good servce really

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline

I have the same problem as you also. From the phone lines too the internet it is always so hard for us to get a hold of each other it has always been that way but for some reason it seems to be worse now. We will be a yahoo chatting like we were today then in the middle of our conversation i see he just goes offline and the phone omg that's worse i have such a hard time getting through to him and he has a hard time getting through to me. Its just really bad. I know how you feel i know you miss him alot i miss my man too. It's already hard that we can't be with them as soon as we like but to make it even harder we can't get a hold of them by phone, or email alot either. So i feel your frustration. All i want is for my man to be here soon so i know its hard hang in there! and pray alot that's what i do :thumbs: . That's really all you can do. Sooner or later your love will be here i hope you sooner!

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Some days I can't get through, and it's soooo frustrating to hear that woman speaking arabic every time you try to call. 5-6 years ago it was a lot worse though... Hell I think if we had communications back then like we do now I don't think we ever would have broken up for 5 years!

6 years ago neither one of us had cell phones...

...our parents foot the phone bill...so we only talked to each other at most 10 minutes a month (not including voice chat) (ouch)

...there was no international plan available to us so calling cost 91 cents a minute until September 11, and then it was magically $1.49 per minute forever after that very day (makes you wonder)

The only thing we would do was talk for about 2 hours every Thursday over yahoo voice chat, which was FREEEE! (Is it still free? We *never* use IM anymore!)

Unfortunately our schedules don't allow for IMing/voice chatting (we can't grab each other on the net because we're always at work and if we're not at work, one of us is asleep-- 6 years ago we were both in school so our days ended earlier).

The good thing about now is that we can talk every day for about 30 seconds before his phone gives up :lol: but that's IF we get through. We really try to find time to have at least one 1/2 hour conversation per week, usually on Friday nights or Sunday mornings (EST).

Edited by the sparrow

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Same problems with the phones. NEVER know when you will get through. Sometimes I will get through on my end and Sam will be saying hello, hello, hello and he can't hear a thing I am saying (this is after I have probably dialed the number 10 or 15 times just to get an answer). Sometimes will just disconnect us for no reason. His schedule is so crazy that we talk to each other just whenever the calls get through. Texting is our other choice right now. We don't get to visit on internet much 'cause with the job he has now our schedules are way off from each other.

It is very very difficult right now. Our communication is limited and we are SICK of waiting. But whaddya gonna do??? Just keep waiting and hoping that the call comes SOON!!!!

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline

Well, the DSL Man, (as I affectionately call him) FINALLY went to check the switch at his friends house and it was a power issue. What really gets me is we have NO control over these LITTLE things. I know we are spoiled and lucky to have what we do. I work nights, so our schedules are identical. We have a skype account and the quality of that is awesome. And HE can call ME on my cell phone. We use it at least 5 mights a week and he can call 3-4 times a night during my work to my cell ( I am in my car all night in delivery work). I guess we spend maybe 20 dollars a month that way. Saves soo much and I dont' have huge cell phone bills. The clarity is great on DSL.

Anyways....he's back "home" (online that is) so I can sleep again. We are seriously thinking of other options. Since Im sure we are in for a LONG wait through Cairo Embassy and AP.

Thanks for the words and support. Good to know I wasn't going mad and imagining this. You know how this type of thing can play dirty tricks on your mind....anyways.thanks to all.

Timeline

Medo just got his DSL today. And it is just to his home. There is now shareing it. Finely today we talked with no diconections. :thumbs: So much better then dial up or cable. Now if they can just get the phones to work all the time. I get so disapointed when were talking and the phone goes dead and you call back and find the service is out, And we didn't get to hear I love you at the end of the call :(

Untitled.jpg

Timeline
Medo just got his DSL today. And it is just to his home. There is now shareing it. Finely today we talked with no diconections. :thumbs: So much better then dial up or cable. Now if they can just get the phones to work all the time. I get so disapointed when were talking and the phone goes dead and you call back and find the service is out, And we didn't get to hear I love you at the end of the call :(

I hate that to with the phone service. Keep me posted on his DSL and if its reliable. We have pretty much decided to go with a private line. I remember how dial up was. It was just as hard as this dsl. But I really think the fault isn't the dsl itself in this case but the man who owns these switches is sooo slow to fix them and he will go without returning calls or answering his cell. Have they heard of CUSTOMER SERVICE??? How do these people stay in business? I know Im documenting all the days we've been without over the last 2 months so my SO can have a talk with this man about the payment. He doesn't want to pay for service he hasn't gotten.

And Cheryl, especially for you...I can only imagine how hard this can be for you two. If he just got dsl today....SKYPE is awesome. I put on 20 dollars of credit and he calls me when he wants and the clarity is awesome and fewer dropped calls. Not so frustrating. AND sooooooooo cheap. It does give a sense of control and freedom. Thats the hardest thing for me is not having control of this stuff. Bad enough I feel our future is in the hands of some unknown in an Embassy far away who has NO CLUE who we are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.