NonyGuy

since there's now only 2 service centers....

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm not a patient man, but thankfully my Sasha is very supportive and more patient than I. Come on October!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Kass,

I'm going to continue this discussion here not to argue with you but purely to help you and some of the newer members understand this process.

Yes it's gruelingly slow, especially compared to most other business processes in the modern world. But believe it or not, it is much much faster than it used to be. It's much faster, even, than when I joined this site. I am not certain how old the timeline data is in the VJ database, but if it does go back a few years, check out overall processing time for nearly any type of petition and you will see the facts bear me out.

Prior to the K1 petition being developed, there was no way to bring a fiance here. The CR1 or IR1 were the only avenues (may have had another name then) and INS answered the call to speed up family unification by creating the K1 as a way to speed the process. Since that time, CR1 and IR1 moves along more quickly than it used to.

Also, the largest part of the 'speed' problem is a lack of modern technology and adequate personnel. You cry that it shouldn't be this way, but dollars pay for these things. DOS is completely funded by petition fees. No tax dollars flow into the system - the national debt doesn't prop it up. Because of lack of funds, much of the system remains paper based. Research about record retention of immigration documents and you will be deeply dismayed. A big fire in one facility could wipe out decades of documents with no way at all of retrieving that data.

I mention the security checks for a reason. The workload of the agency was multiplied vastly by the mandates after 9/11. Prior to that, the background of individuals seeking visas or applying to adjust status were randomly spot-checked. Now EVERY petitioner is checked. You are probably early in your petition stage to be crying foul about your particular case. Try being one of the 400,000 plus applicants for naturalization who are caught in a namecheck crunch with USCIS purely because USCIS has not had the funds to pay the FBI enough to put more agents onto background work.

As I said, I agree with you in principle. It takes time to gain a thorough knowledge of this system. When you understand a bit more fully how it operates, you will see how they are operating (in most cases) the best they can under the circumstances.

Hopefully the recent fee increases will help to alleviate the problem over time.

It better! It makes no sense for a service to go up in price by 175% and still perform the exact same (or worse) than it did before. I'm hoping and praying the fee increase will speed up the process, but im still expecting the 100-110 day waiting time for my NOA2.

not to disappoint you, but they agency has said frequently that the increase is meant to maintain current service levels. the goal isn't to speed it up more yet.

go research. the answers you seek are readily available.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline

In reply to the postings of RebeccaJo, I think you are missing the points that Kass is trying to make in her posts with your defending of the Vermont service center. The way I read it she is asking why there is no consistency when you call the 1-800 number. Why it takes 14 days for a referral to go from one department to another in the same building and then another 14 days for them to post the details out to the by now totally worried recipient and also why people who have filed at around the same time or after are receiving their second notification whilst others are still waiting with no reason given! All very valid and very sensible questions which I and I'm sure a lot more people on this forum (Whether NEWBIES or not!!!!) are desperate for answers to especially after we have paid for this service whether it is a privilege or not.

All I and I'm sure Kass and a lot of other people are asking for is some consistency. How can people (according to time lines on this website) have their interview date already even though they applied after people still awaiting their second NOA? It is supposed to be first come first served or so they say! I am awaiting my second NOA and after searching time lines on here for people filing around the same time only one other person besides myself has yet to receive their 2nd NOA, explain this to me?

On a final note RebeccaJo I had to smile to myself when you said that it is quicker now than it was before, I noticed you received your K1 in 107 days back in 2005, I'm now on to my 105th day and no sign of that elusive 2nd NOA ;o)

Filed: Other Timeline
In reply to the postings of RebeccaJo, I think you are missing the points that Kass is trying to make in her posts with your defending of the Vermont service center. The way I read it she is asking why there is no consistency when you call the 1-800 number. Why it takes 14 days for a referral to go from one department to another in the same building and then another 14 days for them to post the details out to the by now totally worried recipient and also why people who have filed at around the same time or after are receiving their second notification whilst others are still waiting with no reason given! All very valid and very sensible questions which I and I'm sure a lot more people on this forum (Whether NEWBIES or not!!!!) are desperate for answers to especially after we have paid for this service whether it is a privilege or not.

All I and I'm sure Kass and a lot of other people are asking for is some consistency. How can people (according to time lines on this website) have their interview date already even though they applied after people still awaiting their second NOA? It is supposed to be first come first served or so they say! I am awaiting my second NOA and after searching time lines on here for people filing around the same time only one other person besides myself has yet to receive their 2nd NOA, explain this to me?

On a final note RebeccaJo I had to smile to myself when you said that it is quicker now than it was before, I noticed you received your K1 in 107 days back in 2005, I'm now on to my 105th day and no sign of that elusive 2nd NOA ;o)

I'm not defending anything. I'm attempting to offer some explanation and thereby hopefully some comfort as to why this process is so damnable.

You speak of consistency - in order to predict consistency you have to compare apples to apples. You can't compare your end progress to another individual from 'when you filed'. You can make SOME prediction if you make a comparison to others who filed within the same service center, but you certainly can't compare your specific timeline to the overall VJ timeline. If you try to predict your 'filing date' to 'interview date' there's an even greater margin for error. Each consulate has a different case load. You can't compare a Manila beneficiary to a London beneficiary, even if both their visa petitions processed California.

In order to predict consistency, you should follow timelines of petitions filed at the same center as you who will have visa interviews at the same consulate. You can obtain that data by using the filters in the VJ immigration timelines. Even then, there's basic math involved in the calculation. In order to come up with an average, you have the other two ends of the spectrum - fast and slow.

Petitions are processed in date order, with the various types mixed in together, packaged into crates until an adjudicator finishes up the box they've been working on, and comes to get another. The contents of the box is not just a bunch of fiance' petitions. There are student visa petitions, work visa petitions, asylum seekers, etc. The adjudicator might pull a file from the middle of the box - the front - the back. It might take 15 minutes to work up a file - or maybe half a day.

As to the "referral in the tray" moving from one department to another - without knowing what the referral is - how can we answer? Petitions do get randomly selected for Administrative Review. People do receive RFE's for lack of evidence. Clerks take vacation or have babies or break legs. Departments get moved - caseloads change. Those are real working offices that are grossly understaffed. It's not the drive-thru lane at Burger King.

As to your last paragraph, I'll add this. Yes - my husband got his visa in 107 days total. It's one of the shortest K1 timelines on VJ. Judging by that, one might think I'd have long been gone from here rather than sitting around trying to help the rest of you who are frustrated, miserable, and missing your significant other.

You're welcome.

Edited by rebeccajo

not to disappoint you, but they agency has said frequently that the increase is meant to maintain current service levels. the goal isn't to speed it up more yet.

go research. the answers you seek are readily available.

There is an actual section of the press release that contradicts what you are saying here TD - (unless you are suggesting that fee increases = immediate decrease in processing time which to me would see a bit incredible.)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Fi...eQsAs052907.pdf

Q. How long before applicants and petitioners begin seeing improvements in USCIS service as a result of this new fee schedule?

Why do members need to compare timelines as a way to diminish another member's knowledgeable experience? Just because a K1 processed quickly does not mean the messanger does not genuinely feel empathy or have little to offer in the journey of others.

USCIS is focused on continuous improvement....

...we are committed to substantial reductions in processing times by the end of FY 2008...

...Thus, our customers will see a significant improvement in the first full fiscal year following the fee adjustments. Also, by the end of FY 2009, we intend to reduce by 20 percent the average case processing times across the spectrum of applications and petitions. ...

Q. You've raised fees before with the promise of improving service. What's the difference between now and then?

the new fee schedule does not simply reflect costs and performance retrospectively... Instead the new fee schedule is designed to provide for an adequate and sustainable level of investment in staff, infrastructure, and processes to improve USCIS' administration of the nation's immigration laws.

Edited by lal_brandow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm sure becca was only trying to help us understand what's happening at the service centers. She's been on the boards a long time and does know a lot of behind the scenes info. And she has maintained all along her sympathy for the feelings expressed here in this thread. There is no need for snarky remarks about how quickly her K1 went, particularly given that she acknowledges right in her signature that her process was quicker than the average. (And made up for it in AOS, which was long, cotly and frustrating for her & her man) We're all here to help each other, and that is simply what becca was trying to do. Give her a break!

I know this whole visa thing is frustrating, but when someone tries to help make things clearer there is no need to bite heads off when its not what you want to hear.

Timeline

I'm not defending anything. I'm attempting to offer some explanation and thereby hopefully some comfort as to why this process is so damnable.

You speak of consistency - in order to predict consistency you have to compare apples to apples. You can't compare your end progress to another individual from 'when you filed'. You can make SOME prediction if you make a comparison to others who filed within the same service center, but you certainly can't compare your specific timeline to the overall VJ timeline. If you try to predict your 'filing date' to 'interview date' there's an even greater margin for error. Each consulate has a different case load. You can't compare a Manila beneficiary to a London beneficiary, even if both their visa petitions processed California.

In order to predict consistency, you should follow timelines of petitions filed at the same center as you who will have visa interviews at the same consulate. You can obtain that data by using the filters in the VJ immigration timelines. Even then, there's basic math involved in the calculation. In order to come up with an average, you have the other two ends of the spectrum - fast and slow.

Petitions are processed in date order, with the various types mixed in together, packaged into crates until an adjudicator finishes up the box they've been working on, and comes to get another. The contents of the box is not just a bunch of fiance' petitions. There are student visa petitions, work visa petitions, asylum seekers, etc. The adjudicator might pull a file from the middle of the box - the front - the back. It might take 15 minutes to work up a file - or maybe half a day.

As to the "referral in the tray" moving from one department to another - without knowing what the referral is - how can we answer? Petitions do get randomly selected for Administrative Review. People do receive RFE's for lack of evidence. Clerks take vacation or have babies or break legs. Departments get moved - caseloads change. Those are real working offices that are grossly understaffed. It's not the drive-thru lane at Burger King.

As to your last paragraph, I'll add this. Yes - my husband got his visa in 107 days total. It's one of the shortest K1 timelines on VJ. Judging by that, one might think I'd have long been gone from here rather than sitting around trying to help the rest of you who are frustrated, miserable, and missing your significant other.

You're welcome.

But you are defending USCIS by way of looking for excuses relative to their inability to answer questions in a consistent manner or process paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.

I never dispusted the reason for the process however you felt the need to preach to me as to the said reasons i.e. security, etc. etc.. As a matter of fact after re-reading my posts I never once challenged why the process was in place.

My sole point was in response to the ultimate topic of this thread and for some reason was turned into a three ring circus of things that were not being disputed.

It is not unreasonable for any individual that applies for a Visa of any type to expect that when they make an inquiry/inquiries relative to their case that they not only receive adequate customer service, but most importantly that they receive the correct information. This has absolutely nothing to do with being overworked and undermanned. Yet, has everything to do with answering a question or questions correctly.

If one calls a particular service center (which one can do through the 1-800 number) making an inquiry let us say for instance mail that was not received. The customer service rep states it was mailed approximately 5 days ago. Give it a few more days as we site 14 days. Now you are on your 15th day and much to your surprise no mail. So you call back and this time you get a different rep. this rep states, no it has not been mailed yet it is sat in a box waiting for clerical. Clerical has so much time to type it up and then so many days until it hits the mail and then makes it to you. You state, that you were told it was mailed and they respond with the above. So now you wait a few more days and call back afterall you received two different answers already, lets check on what you get now. Now this rep states that it is being mailed today or tomorrow and the website will show letter sent. Now you are thinking okay you are on your third different answer. So you wait three days and as the website did not change as one was told so one calls back...and gets the "oh, no it has not even made it to clerical yet and they have 30 days to type it up and 14 days mail time"!

The above is not about being overworked and undermanned, it is about being ignorant in the manner by way of not giving the correct information on numerous occassions relative to the same question. There is no excuse for this, overworked, undermanned or otherwise.

This is my dispute. Not security, as I stated I am a full supporter of OPSEC (Operational Security) and spent many a day in indoc educating the United States Military and their family members both INCONUS and OCONUS relative to its importance. How security/911 made it into this is beyond me.

Other than to go into length as to why the USCIS process is set in place. Something of which we already know.

Security and post 911 has absolutely nothing to do with answering the request of a customer in a correct and timely manner.

The entire VISA process regardless of what VISA is applied for and in what box these petitions are placed in also have absolutely nothing to do with ensuring that customers receive the correct information relative to their case that was requested, or that their petitions be processed in a timely and efficient manner. Afterall these are peoples lives we are dealing with, not a pound of cheese at the Deli counter. There are solutions to being overworked and undermanned this is no longer Ellis Island, but then again each customer then was processed in a day!

As for the mention of predictions being made on the time line of others, I can without a doubt according to the timelines on VJ state that those that filed with the VSC prior to others have not even received NOA2's nor have they received RFE's, no touches at all, yet others that filed at later dates at VSC and have received their NOA1's and NOA2's as a matter of fact there is member who posted a thread relative to this topic. So there are no apples to apples there nor are there oranges to oranges.

The real question remains per the topic of this post; is VSC going to be slower now that there are only two service centers processing K1 Visa apps. Even though this is not a new revelation relative to there being only two service centers, it has in fact slowed down the processing times at VSC. As a matter of fact I myself had a customer service rep at VSC state that they are not only back logged because of this, but were and I quote "swarmed with applications due to the rate change".

Tim, I agree with you 100% without the intent to disappoint others that rate hikes does not ensure faster production.

On an ending note and the refusal to argue mute points anymore, EVERYONE on this forum, NEWBIE or OTHERWISE brings something to the table. We ALL have different relationships, come from different places and have different experiences. EVERYONE contributes information on this forum! Just because you are not a newbie does not make one an expert. Can it help, why yes, it can. Can it also hurt why yes it can as LAWS, REGULATIONS and FORMS change every day, afterall this is the Government we are talking about.

Sometimes it is not what is said it is how it said. One of the major things that I learned in Criminal Law when litigating, never talk at someone always talk to them. Afterall what may be important to one person may not be important to someone else, but important to someone non the less.

All of us go through ALL kinds of emotions during this process, afterall we are ALL IN LOVE!

The information that can be provided by any of is not the sole contributor of what helps people. COMMUNICATION is the key.

I have been a Victims Rights Advocate relative to Domestic Violence Associated with the United States Armed Forces for over nine years and never would I end any of my posts or published articles with

"your welcome"

as it is my pleasure to help those in need...... regardless. That is what makes me who I am.

Cheers!

April 24th 2007 NOA1

July 11th 2007 touched

August 10th 2007 RFE (paperwork they already had)

August 13thFED EX RFE INFO

August 14 VSC Received

August 21st touched

August 22nd touched

August 23rd touched (cleared security checks)

August 24th touched

September 14th 2007 NOA2

September 20th 2007 Hard Copy of NOA2

September 20th 2007 Letter drawn up from NVC

with new case number. Within a week

Visa petition will be sent to London.

September 29th 2007 letter received from London Embassy

*they have it :D* Need to schedule Medical.

October 12th 2007 Medical complete and done....passed :D

November 5th 2007 Checklist sent to London Embassy

November 12th 2007 Checklist received by London Embassy

December 5th 2007 Interview Date London Embassy *Dances around room*

DECEMBER 5TH K1 APPROVED *Jumps up and down on bed*

*LONDON WAS EASY*

December 17th Fiance' arrived in the U.S. *MERRY CHRISTMAS*

December 19th Social Security applied for

Live first and foremost, don't judge others as they will eventually judge you!! Be the most for your heart and not your head. Above all remember every person you meet is a person!

Kass,

I was just trying to help you see WHY it's the way it is. Not defend it. I also never said you were wrong. I was just offering up the facts as I know them. I said in each of my posts to you that I agree with you in principle. The ONLY reason I posted to you was so you could see that it is not you alone facing this system. That unfortunately, even though it IS your life, it is also A FILE. One of thousands that also contain OTHER LIVES. Yes, each file deserves customer service. Each file will get it. Does it happen as quickly as you or I would like it? NO it doesn't. But it does happen. I have never seen a case here that has not.

I'm sorry you are going through this nonsense and can understand your frustration. My husband's AOS took 17 months and if you think you can't get answers at the visa stage, try finding an answer during AOS. That's a blackhole even a Senator cannot crack.

And I ended my previous reply as 'You're Welcome' because - once again - it was brought to the table that my husband's visa processed very quickly. After 2.5 years here, I have no idea why that is relevant to ANY discussion. Most everyone else I ever known on VJ who processes that quickly comes and goes out of here like a puff of smoke. I have tried to stay here and offer my assistance. I made the quip because frankly I was offended. I have no idea how you come up with the idea that my defending the swipe made at me makes you a better person than I. Unless you are also of the opinion that, because our case was swift, I can't possibly have any idea what you are going through. If that is the case, I can assure you that you are dead wrong.

I am sure your input to this forum is and will continue to be valuable. This is not an argument I was trying to win and hopefully you will be able to see that. I tend to deal with life in terms of reality. I've found it will do me no good (in most cases) to pound my chest crying 'foul' or 'no fair'. I'm much better knowing the facts as they are and facing them. I was only hoping to offer you some of my insight.

That being said - this is how I look at immigration whenever I am about to tear out my hair:

This is the system. You are in it. It sucks. Deal with it.

Becca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The ONLY reason I posted to you was so you could see that it is not you alone facing this system. That unfortunately, even though it IS your life, it is also A FILE. One of thousands that also contain OTHER LIVES. Yes, each file deserves customer service. Each file will get it. Does it happen as quickly as you or I would like it? NO it doesn't. But it does happen. I have never seen a case here that has not.

I wish every new filer that registers here on VJ would get an automatic message with this paragraph in it.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I think it will shorten the CSC time some and lengthen the VSC time - meaning they'll be about the same. Which is actually the way it should have been all along.

I'm glad it wasn't that way for me though this past year..

I was so glad to be going through VSC

phew

I hope they all get better though.. so everyone moves faster..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

"This is the system. You are in it. It sucks. Deal with it."

I understand that you are adding your input through experience and I do believe that this does not go unappreciated. All of us on here are appreciated as I believe that we all have something to bring to the table.

In example to this would be the term "newbie", truth be told with the new rate hikes, and the longer processing times due to overload, the "newbies" are experiencing issues with the K1's that those who have gone through the process in the past did not experience. So again in just those 2 examples alone...WE ALL HAVE INFORMATION TO SHARE regardless of the time on this board or being a new petitioner.

As for length of time relative to this process regardless of what stage you are in NOA1 -NOA2, or AOS, NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO WAIT in some instances the length of time the system in producing. No one should be provided with incorrect information or inefficiency. Undermanned or underfunded does not change the CLEAR FACT that a job still needs to be done.

As for the above quote. Not to argue with you or attack as this is not my intent but I do not agree with the "DEAL WITH IT" part. Let me explain off topic as to why we do not have to deal with it if we make the concious decision to STAND UP when we have issues with our cases not being handled in the manner is which we would expect not only as paying customers but UNITED STATES CITIZENS!

I have stated briefly that I am a Victims Rights Advocate. I do not have a private office that one can visit. I do not have a business phone or any private business materials. However, about 4 years ago, myself and two other women took on the Defense Task Force on Domestic Violence :

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/releas...?releaseid=2851

This task force was set up after the TRAGIC Domestic Homicides at Fort Bragg North Carolina, which I am sure some are familiar with and if not:

http://www.endabuse.org/newsflash/index.ph...NewsFlashID=387

There had been (to some extent still is) such a high right of domestic assault in the military home that even the Department of Defense could not keep up with or find a solution. At one point they were at a rate of over 10,000 reported in one year (never mind the unreported). So they decided to put in place the above said. Window dressing I referred to it as it did nothing to solve the problem but made it look as thought the Government was working on a solution. I went to Washington DC along with two other women and challenged every member on that Task Force. Spoke to and before each and every member. In ending let's put it this way, the Task Force is no longer. Laws within the military world have been changed, Sexual Assault is now being addressed, i.e., the United States Air Force Academy. There is now hope. So yes you can fight city hall and you can make change.

Since then I have been sought out by the media, Life Time Television and Congressional Representatives.

Before I am mistaken relative to my point, this is not about me being a MARTYR or a no it all as I am surely not trust me on that, however it simply shows that we have "VOICES" and we can be heard and you can demand that you be treated in a manner in which is appropriate by your Government Agencies.

Relative to "Privilege", the only "Privilege" being extended is to those Government workers that have been graced with employment that we as UNITED STATES CITIZENS provide. They work for us we do not work for them.

When there is a fee involved and one with a significant rate increase as we have seen this past July, if anything the service should be better not worse. Again, we are paying them to do a job. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. If they cannot handle the job and offer the service that they are being paid to provide then they need to hire someone who can.

As for those that have gone through this process with ease, you are truely blessed! For those of us that are stuck fighting CITY HALL, most of it over mundane issues that could be avoided by consistency and efficiency....keep up the good fight and use your voice..it does work wonders.

DISCLAIMER *any typos...sorry worked all week and I need a vacation *LOL*!

Edited by Kass

April 24th 2007 NOA1

July 11th 2007 touched

August 10th 2007 RFE (paperwork they already had)

August 13thFED EX RFE INFO

August 14 VSC Received

August 21st touched

August 22nd touched

August 23rd touched (cleared security checks)

August 24th touched

September 14th 2007 NOA2

September 20th 2007 Hard Copy of NOA2

September 20th 2007 Letter drawn up from NVC

with new case number. Within a week

Visa petition will be sent to London.

September 29th 2007 letter received from London Embassy

*they have it :D* Need to schedule Medical.

October 12th 2007 Medical complete and done....passed :D

November 5th 2007 Checklist sent to London Embassy

November 12th 2007 Checklist received by London Embassy

December 5th 2007 Interview Date London Embassy *Dances around room*

DECEMBER 5TH K1 APPROVED *Jumps up and down on bed*

*LONDON WAS EASY*

December 17th Fiance' arrived in the U.S. *MERRY CHRISTMAS*

December 19th Social Security applied for

Live first and foremost, don't judge others as they will eventually judge you!! Be the most for your heart and not your head. Above all remember every person you meet is a person!

Kass,

There are many advocacy groups trying to change the face of immigration. Here's a link to one that I belong to. Since January of this year, AFU managed to raise enough money through private donations to professionally lobby Congress for amendments to the failed 'Grand Bargain'. One such amendment contained language to require USCIS to perform services rendered, within legally established timeframes, insofar as resolving background checks.

http://www.americanfamiliesunited.org/

Use the search function of VJ for the acronym IMBRA to read and learn of the lengthy delays suffered by members of this community and others when this law went into effect last year. The current class of members here are unfortunately not the first to experience the situation you find yourself in.

Bookmark and read later this lengthy document for the goals of USCIS regarding hopeful changes to 'the system' that they realize is broken.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...onOps_Mar07.pdf

Knowledge is power.

Becca

In example to this would be the term "newbie", truth be told with the new rate hikes, and the longer processing times due to overload, the "newbies" are experiencing issues with the K1's that those who have gone through the process in the past did not experience. So again in just those 2 examples alone...WE ALL HAVE INFORMATION TO SHARE regardless of the time on this board or being a new petitioner.

Kass - this is so wholly incorrect (and the bolded line is actually contradicted by the sentance immediately following). Rate increases have always been a part of the process and delays resulting in people trying to beat the fees. Its all circular. One item I can say would be in a category would be IMBRA. That would make your suggestion a bit more credible. That aside - I did pass through K1 prior to IMBRA implementation ~ however like many things I did not experience personally I read, learned, asked questions and educated myself on. That makes me able to be empathetic and hopefully help to encourage members to see beyond their current immigration mountain.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

rebeccajo, with every post, you're taking the words right out of my mouth! :) thank you for coming back here (and to other forums) and contributing - your posts are insightful as well as thoughtful.

Edited by smgx4000

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.