NonyGuy

since there's now only 2 service centers....

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

With the Texas Service Center no longer doing I-129F's for alian fiance...will this make the processing times LONGER at the CSC and VSC?

I can see arguments for both sides of this...that it would increase, and could even decrease.

What do you guys think?

21 JUL 07 : K1 package mailed to Nebraska Service Center

24 JUL 07 : K1 arrived in Lincoln, NE

24 JUL 07 : USPS status of package: DELIVERED:)

02 AUG 07 : NOA1 from CSC

03 DEC 07: NOA2

12 DEC 07: NVC Receives

14 DEC 07: NVC sends to Bangkok

17 DEC 07: Consulate receives

08 JAN 08: Packet 3 sent

08 JAN 08: Given date of interview

11 JAN 08: Interview...approved already before getting to the window!...NO questions asked

25 JAN 08: My lady arrives in IAD-Washington DC:)

19 APR 08: Married in Alexandria, VA (5 days before Visa expires)

20 JUN 08: Mailing in AOS packet

18 DEC 09: GREEN CARD RECEIVED:)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

TSC and NSC have been sending cases to CSC for well over a year now, so no change should be noticed.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I think it will shorten the CSC time some and lengthen the VSC time - meaning they'll be about the same. Which is actually the way it should have been all along.

But only time will tell.

Edited to add: YuandDan is right, however, some of those TSC and NSC filers/transferees will now be going through VSC instead. So I think the wait times will eventually reflect that.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You have asked this question over and over in various threads! The answer is still: There have only been 2 service centers processing I-129f's for the last few years - CSC and VSC. Until this week, the other service centers, TSC and NSC have been forwarding their petitions to CSC for processing.

In conjunction with this change, the workload for processing the I-129f petions has been more evenly balanced between the two service centers. So, in theory, CSC would process faster and VSC slower. HOWEVER, reality is what we are faced with and the effects of the changes will not be revealed for months yet.

It's way too early into the journey to be so stressed out! Like you, I have just filed this month, but I have been participating in this forum for nearly a year. What I have noticed is that, regarless of trends that we see here, some cases will be processed faster, some slower. What you find here are estimates, nothing more.

I suggest you sit back and try to RELAX!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
TSC and NSC have been sending cases to CSC for well over a year now, so no change should be noticed.

I agree, if anything maybe the NOA1's will be issued and sent sooner, as it took longer to forward the cases from the NSC to the CSC, but now that they will be filing directly it will save some time.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
With the Texas Service Center no longer doing I-129F's for alian fiance...will this make the processing times LONGER at the CSC and VSC?

I can see arguments for both sides of this...that it would increase, and could even decrease.

What do you guys think?

TSC hasn't been processing fiance visas for about 2.5 years now, if I remember correctly.

julezabelle -- great post!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

What do you guys think?

TSC hasn't been processing fiance visas for about 2.5 years now, if I remember correctly.

julezabelle -- great post!

Thanks Cassie :D

It's way too early into the journey to be so stressed out! Like you, I have just filed this month, but I have been participating in this forum for nearly a year. What I have noticed is that, regarless of trends that we see here, some cases will be processed faster, some slower. What you find here are estimates, nothing more.

Can we get this stickied please? ^_^

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Can we get this stickied please? ^_^

Each center has always specialized in certain types of petitions. Supposidly, this makes them more efficient, which makes sense. I would assume that gradually their processing times will decrease due to the new fees and if Congress authorizes more positions in order to reduce the backlog. Sometimes, they throw temporaries (workers) at these petitions, but these are not authorized positions. They must be terminated before the end of the fiscal year so that they can meet the authorized strength that they are required to have by law at the end of the fiscal year. Of course, they just rehire the same ppl a week later as temporaries as they go into the new fiscal year.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I spoke with a customer service rep at the Vermont Service Center this morning. We are awaiting an RFE from them. Of course they cannot tell you what this is for (not exactly truthful as one rep did and I was able to get what was needed). Needless to say the RFE was decided on 16 July. Then it has to go to clerical (just made it to clerical in the 30 July box (two weeks later)), clerical types it up (they have ten days to do so) and then up to 14 days mail time. When I asked why this is taking so long as we got our NOA1 on 24 April 2007, the customer service rep at VSC stated that they are moving files here there and everywhere and that there are hundreds and hundreds. Nice and comforting answer. So this is the ultimate relative to the cut down to TWO service centers.

Of course my Paralegal mind would like to state that if one knows that one is going from 4 service centers for k1's down to two then would not one take action to hire additional help to aid in the new exhorbant amount of case loads...would one not think!!!???

Depending on which desk that you land on it could be quick or lit could be long!

So basically and frustratingly it is now a game of hurry and wait!

April 24th 2007 NOA1

July 11th 2007 touched

August 10th 2007 RFE (paperwork they already had)

August 13thFED EX RFE INFO

August 14 VSC Received

August 21st touched

August 22nd touched

August 23rd touched (cleared security checks)

August 24th touched

September 14th 2007 NOA2

September 20th 2007 Hard Copy of NOA2

September 20th 2007 Letter drawn up from NVC

with new case number. Within a week

Visa petition will be sent to London.

September 29th 2007 letter received from London Embassy

*they have it :D* Need to schedule Medical.

October 12th 2007 Medical complete and done....passed :D

November 5th 2007 Checklist sent to London Embassy

November 12th 2007 Checklist received by London Embassy

December 5th 2007 Interview Date London Embassy *Dances around room*

DECEMBER 5TH K1 APPROVED *Jumps up and down on bed*

*LONDON WAS EASY*

December 17th Fiance' arrived in the U.S. *MERRY CHRISTMAS*

December 19th Social Security applied for

Live first and foremost, don't judge others as they will eventually judge you!! Be the most for your heart and not your head. Above all remember every person you meet is a person!

Technically, its not 'going down to two' service centers.

Vermont and California have been the only two SCs adjudicating I 129fs for a while now. Texas and Nebraska

I 129f cases were forwarded to CSC.

The only real change is the re-distribution of people to the respective service center.

(Frustrating, nonetheless, about RFEs, no?)

SA4userbar.jpg

OK class, let's review:

• Texas and Nebraska stopped processing applications a while ago. I don't know exactly when. I have seen some posts that say it was quite a while ago.
  • On July 30, 2007 Texas and Nebraska stopped receiving applications. Prior to that they forwarded their applications to California where they were processed.
  • On July 30, 2007 applications that previously would have gone to Texas and then on to California began going to Vermont.
  • At this point Vermont is responsible for more states than it was previously and California is responsible for less.

Here is today's quiz question:

Will California's procesing time decrease and Vermont's increase?

The answer:

NO ONE KNOWS.

Why? Because we do not know several things.

• Was there a pre-increase spike in applications to beat the fee increase? We don't know yet. VJ data today shows that there was not. However, not every visa applicant is a member of VJ and VJ's July data is probably incomplete at this stage since there will possibly be additional July filers joining and posting their timelines.
  • Did they adjust staffing levels at the service centers? Once again we do not know. If they did, this will also have an impact on processing times.

So, as julezabelle says, we are going to all have to try to relax and wait to see what happens over the next couple of months.

If you are a July K1 filer, you might want to monitor and contribute to Attention July Filers. It shows the current status of almost all of the VJ July K1 filers.

If you have a I-129F from any month being processed in Vermont, keep an eye on Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC?. There are two different tables there that will give you a lot of information about what is happening in Vermont.

Best of luck to everyone. :)

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline
OK class, let's review:
  • Texas and Nebraska stopped processing applications a while ago. I don't know exactly when. I have seen some posts that say it was quite a while ago.
  • On July 30, 2007 Texas and Nebraska stopped receiving applications. Prior to that they forwarded their applications to California where they were processed.
  • On July 30, 2007 applications that previously would have gone to Texas and then on to California began going to Vermont.
  • At this point Vermont is responsible for more states than it was previously and California is responsible for less.

Here is today's quiz question:

Will California's procesing time decrease and Vermont's increase?

The answer:

NO ONE KNOWS.

Why? Because we do not know several things.

• Was there a pre-increase spike in applications to beat the fee increase? We don't know yet. VJ data today shows that there was not. However, not every visa applicant is a member of VJ and VJ's July data is probably incomplete at this stage since there will possibly be additional July filers joining and posting their timelines.
  • Did they adjust staffing levels at the service centers? Once again we do not know. If they did, this will also have an impact on processing times.

So, as julezabelle says, we are going to all have to try to relax and wait to see what happens over the next couple of months.

If you are a July K1 filer, you might want to monitor and contribute to Attention July Filers. It shows the current status of almost all of the VJ July K1 filers.

If you have a I-129F from any month being processed in Vermont, keep an eye on Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC?. There are two different tables there that will give you a lot of information about what is happening in Vermont.

Best of luck to everyone. :)

Well stated Bill! I believe we are compadres now!!!! Thanks for helping to level set expectations! Now, I'm going to relax with a glass of wine. :D

Well stated Bill! I believe we are compadres now!!!! Thanks for helping to level set expectations! Now, I'm going to relax with a glass of wine. :D

:yes:

I was channelling you when I wrote it.

Now I am going to try to channel some of your wine. :D

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

:yes:

I was channelling you when I wrote it.

Now I am going to try to channel some of your wine. :D

I feel honored! :blush:

I'll gladly share my wine with a fellow crusader! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.