Philomena

CASA's Computers Down Today (Interview Rescheduled)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
[/size [color=#000080][/color]Well my fiance was rescheduled for today from when the computers were down in Casa, along with Iysha's fiance. Abdell told me that the blonde lady interviewed him, she was asking him questions that him and i never have really discussed.....and because of his vague answers, or the answer" i do not know" i think that put his case on AP, she asked him, ' what is the petitioners name? who filled out the forms for you in USA, what does she do for a living, what exactly is a Health Practioner?(as that is my profession) What degrees does she hold? What University did she attend? Whats the name of my ex husband?What my ex husband does for a living? What I do for fun, How old are my children, what grades are they in? How long have you known her? When did you become Romantic? When was her first visit here to Morocco?' Well these are the questions that he remembers, and some of it of course he does not know, I barely know the answers myself! So anyway she handed him a paper and told him his case requires further additional processing under 221 g or something like this , I can not remember, but she said someone will call him in approximately 1 week, What does this mean I asked? He did not know,(he thought it was a denial) so i called DOS and emailed Casa, DOS told me that it is NOT a denial but they need additional evidence of the on going relationship, he brought over 300 emails and brought sooooooooo many pictures and my boarding tickets of going to Morocco the times i went, he brought allot of evidence........why didn't she take the time to look at it? Abdell told me she glanced at them for a few seconds and gave it back, And why didn't they tell him right then and there that they needed more proof because he had it all with him there at the consulate! So....can someone tell me please, Additional Processing, what will happen in 1 week? Does that mean he will need to collect more evidence and return it when they call him? My heart goes out to dear Iysha and Driss, as they had terrible news today, she has been so supportive, I was fortunate to have talked to her in depth and she really has a big heart and is very level headed. I know it is soooooooooo hard to be denied, I just can not believe her case was denied tho, there was not any red flags? How on earth do they base their decisions? I just do not understand? Anyone else on here going thru what i am going thru? Is there anything more i can do? Your support is sooooooooooo healpful and appreciated, thanks!

Tisha,

You need to see exactly what is on the 221(g) paper. See if Abdell can scan it or tell you what is checked on it. It doesn't sound like a denial. Since he mentioned administrative processing and that they will call him in a week, that sounds like the standard name check that everyone goes through with Casa. That's what happened with us and many others before they issued the visa. The paper will say that the visa cannot be issued at this time, and down below, it will say in French or English that there is an administrative process that must be completed before the visa can be issued. That's the name check. DOS won't necessarily know what the consulate has told you. They may just be guessing, which is why you need to see the paper yourself. If the paper does not say to bring more proof of relationship or something else, you just wait for the background checks to finish.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

SECTION 221(g) WICH PROHIBITS THE ISSUANCE OF A VISA TO ANYONE WHOSE APPLICATION DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF IMMIGRATON AND NATIONALITY ACT OR REGULATION ISSUED PURSUANT THERETO.

THE FOLLOWING REMARKS APLLY IN YOUR CASE *

YOUR CASE REQUIRES ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. WE WILL CONTACT U AS SOON AS WE ARE ABLE TO CONTINUE PROCESSING YOUR CASE

This is the checked box. There are no other checked boxes on this form...DId they tell your husband he was approved? DId he leave his passport there with the consulate? Because they did not tell him if he was approved or denied and also he DID NOT leave his passport with the consulate. They said when he is called back he can bring his passport. Thanks for your help, answering my many questions, this is such a stressful experience, the ultimate test of my relationship!

SECTION 221(g) WICH PROHIBITS THE ISSUANCE OF A VISA TO ANYONE WHOSE APPLICATION DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF IMMIGRATON AND NATIONALITY ACT OR REGULATION ISSUED PURSUANT THERETO.

YOUR CASE REQUIRES ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. WE WILL CONTACT U AS SOON AS WE ARE ABLE TO CONTINUE PROCESSING YOUR CASE

This is the checked box. There are no other checked boxes on this form...DId they tell your husband he was approved? DId he leave his passport there with the consulate? Because they did not tell him if he was approved or denied and also he DID NOT leave his passport with the consulate. They said when he is called back he can bring his passport. Thanks for your help, answering my many questions, this is such a stressful experience, the ultimate test of my relationship!

Casa never (rarely) keeps the passport. I agree it sounds like standard 221g for security checks. Check out our long long Casablanca thread started by sarahandhicham for examples of the form etc. The 221g does look like a denial and almost reads as one if you do not read it carefully.

Youcould hear in a week or it could take a few months, but based on what you wrote here, it looks like its approved based only on security name checks (which casa likes to call AP)

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That's a good question. An interview consists of one human being asking questions and another human being answering. Sure the one asking takes notes but do they not know how to put a pen to paper and input the data later on into the computer? Makes no sense.

Doesn't the Consulate need their computer system in order to report back to DOS? Also, maybe they are paperless and everything is in their computers (although I doubt that).

That's a good question. An interview consists of one human being asking questions and another human being answering. Sure the one asking takes notes but do they not know how to put a pen to paper and input the data later on into the computer? Makes no sense.

Ex recto, but they might have a protocol that requires data to be input within a certain amount of time or immediately, or be unable to print the 221g without the computer system. With all the fuckups it's probably better that they rescheduled rather than have the interviewer lose his notes while the system's down.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Casa never (rarely) keeps the passport. I agree it sounds like standard 221g for security checks. Check out our long long Casablanca thread started by sarahandhicham for examples of the form etc. The 221g does look like a denial and almost reads as one if you do not read it carefully.

Youcould hear in a week or it could take a few months, but based on what you wrote here, it looks like its approved based only on security name checks (which casa likes to call AP)

OR........... you could be waiting more (not that i am complaining LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL) but really it has been 5 weeks now waiting on the security name check.

I have been able to get some information (who knows how correct it is as it was from the DOS) but one girl told me -- your husbands case is still pending the security name checks and he has 2. The next time I called I was told 1 is pending still ......

so what to believe -- can the DOS know this information and they just tell us they dont (most of the reps i should say) or do they have access to all the details??

I can say for sure that the reps have read to me from my husbands file step by step what had happened ..... so I am thinking they know a lot more than what they let on.

BIGGGGGGGGGGG SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

OR........... you could be waiting more (not that i am complaining LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL) but really it has been 5 weeks now waiting on the security name check.

I have been able to get some information (who knows how correct it is as it was from the DOS) but one girl told me -- your husbands case is still pending the security name checks and he has 2. The next time I called I was told 1 is pending still ......

so what to believe -- can the DOS know this information and they just tell us they dont (most of the reps i should say) or do they have access to all the details??

I can say for sure that the reps have read to me from my husbands file step by step what had happened ..... so I am thinking they know a lot more than what they let on.

BIGGGGGGGGGGG SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Malarie

Hi ladies thanks for your replies to me, I really wonder if the DOS is just assuming about the need for more evidence because that box IS NOT checked on the 221 g form. It seems they would have checked that box if thats what they needed was more evidence. So i think DOS is really just ### u Ming!!!! I would feel so much better about this if DOS told me it is for name / security checks instead of saying more evidence needed, I do not want our case to fall thru the cracks so to speak, but after reading the other posts on here it is clear i am not the only one with more questions or confusion. Not sure, Ladies did they also tell your fiance that they will call him in a week? You know, Abdell showed her emails , the earliest ones first which was May 2004 then she skimmed thru the ones in 2005 and 2006, she handed them back to him and he asked her would you like to see more Proof as he was willing to show her pictures and all the other evidence he brought to the interview and she told him NO IT IS NOT NECASSARY. She did not even GLANCE at our pictures together, so why on earth did DOS tell me they need additional proof? I wish I knew what was going on, it is a stressful time, Abdell is convinced he is denied because of that letter she gave him. She did tell him that it is normal and they will call him in 1 week to bring back his passport, doesn't that mean it is approved? Did you ladies have the same experience? look Malary you are 5 weeks later, did the lady tell your fiance the same thing and it is going on 5 weeks ago instead of 1 week? This visa/interview thing EVERYTHING is just so stressful, I am so glad Visa Journey is here for support and i can read about others experiences and know that there are thousands of others in the same boat as me, JUST HOPE WE DO NOT SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

your letter says>>>>

this means you are in security checks. your case has NOT been denied /sent back to USCIS.

if the officer says it will take a week or so then it is most likely true. some do wait a lot longer for these checks. it depends on what the CO decides to check or how many hits were made on him from other checks.

if anyone receives a 221g letter that says the same as above, rest assured you are just waiting on security checks.

chiquita

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
your letter says>>>>

this means you are in security checks. your case has NOT been denied /sent back to USCIS.

if the officer says it will take a week or so then it is most likely true. some do wait a lot longer for these checks. it depends on what the CO decides to check or how many hits were made on him from other checks.

if anyone receives a 221g letter that says the same as above, rest assured you are just waiting on security checks.

chiquita

chiquita

Thanks , makes me feel more assured! i hope everything turns out good for everyone, God Willing! Do u think i should call Casa directly on Monday? And if so what do i say? Do i just ask them what the status is on the interview Abdell had on August 3rd? I wonder if they can even disclose that information to me? My uncle is a Corporate Attorney should i ask him to inquire about this for me or am i jumping the gun??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

chiquita

Thanks , makes me feel more assured! i hope everything turns out good for everyone, God Willing! Do u think i should call Casa directly on Monday? And if so what do i say? Do i just ask them what the status is on the interview Abdell had on August 3rd? I wonder if they can even disclose that information to me? My uncle is a Corporate Attorney should i ask him to inquire about this for me or am i jumping the gun??

you are very welcome.

casa may not talk to you on the phone, they usually say 'send an e mail'.

since he is in security checks if you want to track that---call DOS in Washington. i dont have the number for you at the moment, perhaps someone here has it. if not i will try to find it for you.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.