~Jackie~

Tuesday in MENA

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Mine shaves his head, too. I think it's HOT! Plus we don't have to worry about finding a barber. I shave for him every two weeks or so.
Mine elected to shave his head and it looks awesome! It's about 1/2" now, and since it's so ioncredibly tightly curly, instead of poofing like a normal buzz cut, it just lays flat.

I am so with you!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

abdou needs to get his hair cut too. i worry because there are no black barbers around here and i'm not sure how to find a ME/NA one. he's got very african coarse hair!

today we cleaned house. poor guy only has a few outfits to wear since jetblue lost his bag. laundry is done often here. lol

i can't believe people pay $600 for a studio! i seriously need to move away and buy a house somewhere cheap! are there any areas of boston that are nice yet still affordable?? i'm kind of considering that area...maybe. ;) i miss the east coast badly!!!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Dee, how's your husband doing with the vegetarian diet or are you cooking meat now for him? I know some of these guys would go nuts without meat in their diet.

I;ve agreed I can cook him seafood - fish/ shrimp..(of course with out the heads attached :blink::thumbs: )

I did take him to a Halal rest. last week.. but he didnt like it.. nothing compares to Mom's cooking :wacko:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Timeline

That sounds like a good compromise. :thumbs:

Of course nothing is like Mom's home cooking but what can ya do? Does he like any "American" foods?

Hey Dee, how's your husband doing with the vegetarian diet or are you cooking meat now for him? I know some of these guys would go nuts without meat in their diet.

I;ve agreed I can cook him seafood - fish/ shrimp..(of course with out the heads attached :blink::thumbs: )

I did take him to a Halal rest. last week.. but he didnt like it.. nothing compares to Mom's cooking :wacko:

Timeline
That sounds like a good compromise. :thumbs:

Of course nothing is like Mom's home cooking but what can ya do? Does he like any "American" foods?

i guess.. he is eatting the food I give him.. which is a good sign.. cause he wont even eat the food his Sisters cook..

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

Well im glad i dont have to worry about a barber for Medo cus he has long hair. Just the way i like it on my man! Also i cooked for him most the time in Egypt and he cant WAIT to get here for my american cooking. He misses my gravey the most. And the crispy baked chicken. When i mention it to him he says "stop teaseing me" :lol: Other then that today im off of work and spending the day online with my baby (L)

Untitled.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We've been moving the last few days and I'm beat! DSL was SUPPOSED to be hooked up at the house yesterday......and it's still not connected. I swear the do-do's at Century Tel are going to make me mental. Now they say MAYBE by Thursday. :angry: I had to run to my parents house to check in on VJ! Now that's sad! :lol: Hope everyone is well and I hope to be back online shortly!

Timeline
abdou needs to get his hair cut too. i worry because there are no black barbers around here and i'm not sure how to find a ME/NA one. he's got very african coarse hair!

today we cleaned house. poor guy only has a few outfits to wear since jetblue lost his bag. laundry is done often here. lol

i can't believe people pay $600 for a studio! i seriously need to move away and buy a house somewhere cheap! are there any areas of boston that are nice yet still affordable?? i'm kind of considering that area...maybe. ;) i miss the east coast badly!!!

Jen how did he/you pay for his ticket? Some credit cards automatically cover you for lost luggage insurance. Might want to look into it. I always buy travel insurance when I go away. It is never more than $100 and covers like $1,000 in lost luggage...which is normally worth more than what is packed anyway. lol. Might want to see if you're covered and try to get reimbursed.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

well here it is...6:00 pm and i just woke up. so i slept all day and have no plans but to cook dinner and probably go back to bed tonight again.

i still am trying to figure out why the heck on the nights i work i have a hard time sleeping but on my days off i can sleep non stop.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Small silly thing that just put a huge smile on my face :star:

My bridal shower is on Sept 2, and the invites went out last Thursday. I just too a peek at my registry :devil: and I can see which gifts have been purchased :devil::innocent:

You are BAD very BAD :devil:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My bridal shower is on Sept 2, and the invites went out last Thursday. I just too a peek at my registry :devil: and I can see which gifts have been purchased :devil::innocent:

Woops, I totally did that and never realized that it was a faux pas!

Timeline

Internet has definitely changed things. I remember going to register at the Bon Marche as a bride in the 80's...it was paper and pen all the way... :lol: No cheating. :no:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Internet has definitely changed things. I remember going to register at the Bon Marche as a bride in the 80's...it was paper and pen all the way... :lol: No cheating. :no:

LOL well it definitly makes it funner!!!! :thumbs:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

Funner to know what you are getting?? AHEAD of time??? :blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Funner to know what you are getting?? AHEAD of time??? :blink:

DEFINITLY! Its like sneaking a peek at your xmas gifts when they are under the tree! :devil: Besides, I already know what I'm getting because I made the list!

Edited by amira_ordonia

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.