niceguy26

Regarding the timelines database

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As some of you know, I sent my I-129f on June 21st, and the USCIS didn't "receive" it until JULY 18th, and check was cashed on July 21st, a full month from when i mailed it.

I did a quick test to see what the adjucation date would be if I changed my "sent" date to something similar to other VJ'ers.

When I normally have June 21 as the sent date the adj. date is October 27th (was 17th earlier today)

When I change it to being sent on July 14th for example (as some people have their package received within 4 days) It changes my Adjucation date to November 20th.

I know it would most likely freak some people out, but I think the algorithm or whatever you call it should not have "sent date" as a factor, but rather have "date received by USCIS"

I think this would be extremely more accurate. especially for people in cases similar to mine...

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

Mine took a month to get from received by NSC to NOA1 by CSC. I think a number of people have had a long gap between receipt and notice dates from the end of April until now. Since it happens to a lot of us I am hoping that it won't have that much effect on the estimated adjudication date.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

That is probably true in some cases and something that I have thought about before. The original thinking is that in most cases the receiving and processing (issuing an NOA1) for everyone is about this same and thus by using the sent day it would give a more tangible time that people would understand more without needing to know the inner details of the process (in essense all someone needs to know is when they mailed it and they would get a rough date based on the timeline data of when people in similar situations are getting approved (time frame wise)). I am open to changes though and welcome the feedback :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
That is probably true in some cases and something that I have thought about before. The original thinking is that in most cases the receiving and processing (issuing an NOA1) for everyone is about this same and thus by using the sent day it would give a more tangible time that people would understand more without needing to know the inner details of the process (in essense all someone needs to know is when they mailed it and they would get a rough date based on the timeline data of when people in similar situations are getting approved (time frame wise)). I am open to changes though and welcome the feedback :).

I think it just makes a lot more sense to either start with Date received or NOA1... I actually considered putting a false "sent" date and keeping it that way just so that I will be more accurate compared to the time between sent and received that 99% of other VJ'ers have had. I know if it is changed maybe the 1st week or 2, people would freak out because of their timelines, but in the long run it will be a lot better and more accurate IMO.

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

seems like very sound reasoning to me!

obviously I want this all to happen as quickly as possible too, but I'd still rather the estimates were accurate and gave a date a bit further away than inaccurate just to make me feel better :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline
seems like very sound reasoning to me!

obviously I want this all to happen as quickly as possible too, but I'd still rather the estimates were accurate and gave a date a bit further away than inaccurate just to make me feel better :)

exactly! :thumbs:

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

Timeline

anyone else wanna back me up on this? :huh:

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I'll give you taht date sent is misleading & unnecessary.

NOA1 really should be the first date entered. But many will enter their sent date there & NOT the NOA1, which is far more important.

The adjudicated by date will and can change daily. Pay no attention to it but to other filers from your month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

having the two dates is fine - to avoid people entering the wrong information - but the calculations should use the 'correct' one, IMHO (ie NOA1) :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline
having the two dates is fine - to avoid people entering the wrong information - but the calculations should use the 'correct' one, IMHO (ie NOA1) :)

Yeah having date sent should definitely be listed, but it shouldn't be a factor impacting the calculation of adjucation date at all. Captain Ewok could probably just change the calculation settings (if thats what you call them lol) without affecting the info that people already enter anyways

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Good topic, thanks to the OP. THis is something I have wondered about also.

IMHO:

DATE Petitiioner MAILED (OR REMAILED - see example below) application - IRRELEVANT

DATE application RECEIVED by USCIS - FIRST REAL TRACKING DATE

DATE USCIS ISSUED NOA1 - SECOND REAL TRACKING DATE

The above would also handle the real delays that occur when an incomplete application is RECEIVED by USCIS but returned to the petitioner, hence causing an extended NOA1 ISSUED DATE (subsequent to the second MAILED date after correction has occurred and application is resubmitted by petitioner, etc.).

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

If the NOA1 date is the date that the service centre uses to queue petitions then that is the date I would like to see used for calculations.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called USCIS. She told me the " Received Date" is the date that I need to know. Because the notice date is only when the I-797 (NOA1) was sent. And I have Received 4 of those.

My sent date is May 21, 2007

Received Date is May 25, 2007

NOA1 dates 7-9-07, 7-9-07, 7-25-07, 7-26-07 (late because of computer problem in May.)

Met in person ,in China March 1 - 12 , 2007

Sent I-129F --------May 15, 2007

Received Date -----May 25, 2007

Check Cashed -----May 29, 2007

NOA1 ---------------July 9, July 9

Visited Yan --------- Oct. 11-23

NOA2 --------------- Oct. 17, 2007

USCIS sent to NVC -- Oct. 26, 2007

Received by NVC -- Nov. 2, 2007

NVC sent to GUZ -- Nov. 7, 2007

Received by GUZ --------- Jan. 14, 2008

GUZ sent P3 ------- Jan. 14, 2008

Sent Downloaded P3 forms to GUZ -- Jan. 26, 2008

GUZ received P3 ----- Feb. 4, 2008

P4 Sent ----- March 3, 2008

Interview Date ---- April 9, 2008

Received P4 ----- March 8, 2008

3rd Visit --- April 4 - 22, 2008

Interview Date ------April 9, 2008

BLUE

Overcome -- April 11, 2008

Picked up Visa -- April 16, 2008

Arrived in the U.S. -- April 30, 2008

MARRIED ----- May 25, 2008

Filed AOS/EAD ----- June 17, 2008

NOA -------------- June 30, 2008

NOA (Biometrics Appointment) -- July 2, 2008

Biometrics ---------------------July 14, 2008

"TOUCHED" --------------------July 18

RFE -----------------------------July 25, 2008

Case resumed ----------------- Aug 1, 2008

Transfered---------------------- Dec 9, 2008

EAD Card production ordered-Oct 29, 2008

Green Card production oredered- Feb 3, 2009

Timeline

Exactly. Which is why my contention is that the MAILED DATE (the date the Petitioner mailed the application to the USCIS) is IRRELEVANT for purposes of tracking and estimating timelines.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.