ae4ever

If u filed before fee increase.....

742 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sure that the July thread could be used for that purpose, but I'm also reacting to the larger issue people have brought up about the filer threads. I may think that further compartamentalization of filing times is silly, but I surely don't have to read the thread if I find it so.

I'm unclear as to why the most prolific and long-time posters use their energy to hijack threads they find unworthy rather than skipping them and moving on to something they deem worthy or interesting or whatever.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that the July thread could be used for that purpose, but I'm also reacting to the larger issue people have brought up about the filer threads. I may think that further compartamentalization of filing times is silly, but I surely don't have to read the thread if I find it so.

I'm unclear as to why the most prolific and long-time posters use their energy to hijack threads they find unworthy rather than skipping them and moving on to something they deem worthy or interesting or whatever.

You've got a point - I'm sorry if I contributed to the hijacking. I just truly don't understand the constant need to compartmentalize (as my first post in here implied). I mean - where will that end? The date and time that one puts the packet in the mail? I'm sure you see where I'm going.

Perhaps it'd be better if we all kept our comments to the thread about this topic (in Site Discussions), and then possibly a mod could trim this thread?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Well I think part of it is because if you want a forum to be efficient you don't want to end up with a multiple threads dealing about the same thing. Although that's already the case as many time we don't think about doing a search and check out previous threads.

When it comes to trying to beat the fees, well my husband and I sent our application on July 13th in the aim of beating the fees and hopefully be early enough so that it wouldn't be too backlogged. And if I may tease how come we can't be of this thread? We did it to beat the fees too even though we sent it before the 15th ;)

I think limits have been drawn before all of us came here to try to keep things tidy. I don't have a problem with this thread even though I honestly don't see how much more useful it will be than other threads about filing for AOS, I'd love to hear what it can bring though. :)

I personally believe that it's more interesting if your NOA date makes you be in it to be in a thread that includes people from the beginning of the month and the end of it that way you can directly compare if there is indeed a difference or not.

So far it doesn't seem to me like NOA dates are that far behind what they usually are, if they are it's my only a few days. So far no big 3 weeks delay or anything.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It shouldn't bother you that much though TracyTN. I have been a member of other forums for years as well but came to understand there are always going to be ridiculous thread and irrelevant threads. After a point in time I just stayed out of it. It is my choice to read it. If I don't like it, or think it's necessary, I shouldn't post in it.

A lot of people are so uptight about their process that they want to find out every detail they can. While you are probably right; there is no need to compartmentalize, I just assume that people are so worried about their process they want to find out where other people are to a T so that they can contrast/compare.

Unless you really want to help someone, what's the point of adding to the thread making fun or them or making fun of the point of the posts? Since you have been here so long you are an asset to help people here. While sarcasm can be funny and has its place, it's not appropriate in all places.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Please allow me to pick up where we left off:

Name-------------------Date mailed--------Fee Method Used-------------NOA1 Received?

ae4ever------------------07/23/07---------Personal check--------------------No

PatientlyWaiting---------07/23/07---------Personal check--------------------No

honeysweet--------------07/28/07---------Personal check--------------------No

Shub----------------------07/28/07---------Personal check--------------------No

Pinaylang-----------------07/28//07--------Personal check--------------------No

MonicaMexcio------------07/27/07---------Personal check--------------------No (and checks not cashed yet, either)

I agree with Gabacha. I am concerned about the fee increase creating a backlog, and I'm betting that the people who filed at the end of July are going to have a different timeline than the people who filed at beginning of July, where processing/check cashing probably went much quicker. I want to hear specifically from others in this same situation.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Well if you filed at the last minute you are going to have to expect some sort of delay. My lawyers office, when I called a week ago, said they were SO busy she could hardly find time to get back to me.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Please allow me to pick up where we left off:

Name-------------------Date mailed--------Fee Method Used-------------NOA1 Received?

ae4ever------------------07/23/07---------Personal check--------------------No

PatientlyWaiting---------07/23/07---------Personal check--------------------No

honeysweet--------------07/28/07---------Personal check--------------------No

Shub----------------------07/28/07---------Personal check--------------------No

Pinaylang-----------------07/28//07--------Personal check--------------------No

MonicaMexcio------------07/27/07---------Personal check--------------------No (and checks not cashed yet, either)

I agree with Gabacha. I am concerned about the fee increase creating a backlog, and I'm betting that the people who filed at the end of July are going to have a different timeline than the people who filed at beginning of July, where processing/check cashing probably went much quicker. I want to hear specifically from others in this same situation.

If you want this to be efficient you should also add the date it was received in Chicago ;) as some people have it received the same day and for others it takes a week. Take into consideration that it's only when the package is received that USCIS can start working on it.

In most July timelines you'll see that the NOA date is around 10 days from the time it was received in Chicago so you shouldn't expect much yet.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

It shouldn't bother you that much though TracyTN. I have been a member of other forums for years as well but came to understand there are always going to be ridiculous thread and irrelevant threads. After a point in time I just stayed out of it. It is my choice to read it. If I don't like it, or think it's necessary, I shouldn't post in it.

A lot of people are so uptight about their process that they want to find out every detail they can. While you are probably right; there is no need to compartmentalize, I just assume that people are so worried about their process they want to find out where other people are to a T so that they can contrast/compare.

Unless you really want to help someone, what's the point of adding to the thread making fun or them or making fun of the point of the posts? Since you have been here so long you are an asset to help people here. While sarcasm can be funny and has its place, it's not appropriate in all places.

Please read my post (two above yours). Besides that, the only other thing I can say is that if one does not obsessively follow timelines doesn't mean that they are less worried/concerned about their process.

I've PMd a mod to see if this thread can be trimmed back to stay on track.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Tracy- but that is your choice to post what you want and where you want. I'm worried about my process but I am also not following timelines beause I also find it redundant. However, I'm not going to waste my time strapping every poster who feels the need to do so.

Devilette - You are finding it humourous, but yet it seems I am not the only one to notice it. In fact, I have been told that people are staying away from this forum and posting on their own regional forum. It's sad when people don't feel comfortable enough to post somewhere because they might receive an unprecedented reaction.

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Timeline
Well I think part of it is because if you want a forum to be efficient you don't want to end up with a multiple threads dealing about the same thing. Although that's already the case as many time we don't think about doing a search and check out previous threads.

When it comes to trying to beat the fees, well my husband and I sent our application on July 13th in the aim of beating the fees and hopefully be early enough so that it wouldn't be too backlogged. And if I may tease how come we can't be of this thread? We did it to beat the fees too even though we sent it before the 15th ;)

I think limits have been drawn before all of us came here to try to keep things tidy. I don't have a problem with this thread even though I honestly don't see how much more useful it will be than other threads about filing for AOS, I'd love to hear what it can bring though. :)

I personally believe that it's more interesting if your NOA date makes you be in it to be in a thread that includes people from the beginning of the month and the end of it that way you can directly compare if there is indeed a difference or not.

So far it doesn't seem to me like NOA dates are that far behind what they usually are, if they are it's my only a few days. So far no big 3 weeks delay or anything.

Well said Cecy. A July and an August thread should be more than efficient for tracking the backlog. The more compartmentalized Vj gets, the more misinformation gets spread.

Filed: Other Timeline
Tracy- but that is your choice to post what you want and where you want. I'm worried about my process but I am also not following timelines beause I also find it redundant. However, I'm not going to waste my time strapping every poster who feels the need to do so.

Devilette - You are finding it humourous, but yet it seems I am not the only one to notice it. In fact, I have been told that people are staying away from this forum and posting on their own regional forum. It's sad when people don't feel comfortable enough to post somewhere because they might receive an unprecedented reaction.

What is it that people are afraid of?

Filed: Timeline

Hey, if a VJ chooses to further isolate themselves but only posting/receving information regionally, it is their loss.

Edited by devilette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thetreble: don't be so quick to assume that we filed at the last minute and make it sound like it's our own fault. We got the visa on 6/20, crossed the next day, got married on 6.27 and filed the paperwork last week. How much sooner could someone in our situation possibly have filed?

We filed as quickly as humanly possible based on when we received the visa.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.