sapa_uscan

DS-156 Question - Packet 4 from MTL

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One quick question:

I received my Packet 4 from MTL on Friday, and there in amongst other requirements, there is one that says:

ALL DS-156 FORMS ARE REQUIRED IN AN ELECTRONICALLY COMPLETED FORMAT IN ENGLISH.

FORMS MAY BE DOWNLOADED AT : HTTP://EVISAFORMS.STATE.GOV

PRINT THE ENTIRE FORM INCLUDING THE BAR CODE IN DUPLICATE.

Q: There was a DS-156 form in my Packet 3 that I think it says that I need to sign this at the Interview day!

So, should I fill out that form (from my Packet-3) as well as an electronic version in duplicate ?

I am [slightly] confused? :huh:

Usually the DS-156K needs to be signed in front of the consulate officer. I'd just fill out one online (since it's easier) and take it to you for your interview. I believe for MTL the DS-156 also needs to be completed online to generate the barcode as well.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah the 156K is the one signed in front of the CO at the interview When I did my packet 3 the 156 with bar code page was sent along with the 230 form and the checklist back to MTL. I made a copy of all the forms I sent back and took em with me for my interview just in case.

I just got to the point where I didn't trust anything USCIS did or told us anymore so I had copies of everything ready.

Timeline
Yeah the 156K is the one signed in front of the CO at the interview When I did my packet 3 the 156 with bar code page was sent along with the 230 form and the checklist back to MTL. I made a copy of all the forms I sent back and took em with me for my interview just in case.

I just got to the point where I didn't trust anything USCIS did or told us anymore so I had copies of everything ready.

I sent all of them....but I have copies too and I didn't sign the one I wasn't suppose to sign, phew... :blush:

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Timeline

Sorry, to clarify this, should i take the :

1) hard copy of the DS-156 from packet 3 and sign it at the interview (this is a one page form)?

2) hard copy of the DS-156 online version and sign it at the interview (this is a three page online form)?

:help:

Just to be safe, take the DS-156 and the DS-156K to the consulate unsigned - you can sign both in front of the consulate officer.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline
Just to be safe, take the DS-156 and the DS-156K to the consulate unsigned - you can sign both in front of the consulate officer.

thanks so much, i knew the answer was simple. just needed to hear from someone else... thanks to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you already sent in the DS-156 and DS-230 along with the checklist right? I am only taking photocopies of the forms I sent in to Montreal along with my checklist. No need to fill out new forms.

:) Good luck

One quick question:

I received my Packet 4 from MTL on Friday, and there in amongst other requirements, there is one that says:

ALL DS-156 FORMS ARE REQUIRED IN AN ELECTRONICALLY COMPLETED FORMAT IN ENGLISH.

FORMS MAY BE DOWNLOADED AT : HTTP://EVISAFORMS.STATE.GOV

PRINT THE ENTIRE FORM INCLUDING THE BAR CODE IN DUPLICATE.

Q: There was a DS-156 form in my Packet 3 that I think it says that I need to sign this at the Interview day!

So, should I fill out that form (from my Packet-3) as well as an electronic version in duplicate ?

I am [slightly] confused? :huh:

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Timeline

1) hard copy of the DS-156 from packet 3 and sign it at the interview (this is a one page form)?

2) hard copy of the DS-156 online version and sign it at the interview (this is a three page online form)?

The single form 156K is the one signed in front of the CO, the 156 ( signed ) and 230 along with checklist went with packet 3 to MTL

Timeline

The single form 156K is the one signed in front of the CO, the 156 ( signed ) and 230 along with checklist went with packet 3 to MTL

ok, here's what the P4 letter said... If i understand correctly, it says that i need to download a new form and take this with me...

SEE ATTACHED...

post-28157-1185911443_thumb.jpg

Timeline

OK as I understand... this is just a reminder since they switched to the electronic format not too long ago. So I am assuming that it is for people who sent the forms not in electronic format to re-do theirs online and print out one with the bar code.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

Just take copies of the ones you sent in with your checklist no need to fill out new forms.

Thanks

Lance

Edit: I am refering to the DS-156 and not tthe DS-156K... so hopefully we are talking about the same form :)

Edited by Lance27

AOS

Timeline
OK as I understand... this is just a reminder since they switched to the electronic format not too long ago. So I am assuming that it is for people who sent the forms not in electronic format to re-do theirs online and print out one with the bar code.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

Just take copies of the ones you sent in with your checklist no need to fill out new forms.

Thanks

Lance

Edit: I am refering to the DS-156 and not tthe DS-156K... so hopefully we are talking about the same form :)

...makes perfect sense.... i am going to be taking photocopies from P3... AND also filling out new ones and taking them with me to MTL "just in case".... ... because we all know how MTL / govt works?!!!

anyways, to be on the safe side, i will be taking this...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I forgot to photocopy the DS156 that I sent with my packet 3. RATS!!! Can anyone who has been interviewed recently confirm whether they actually asked for copies of that form?

(Too much in a rush to get the @#$$ packet 3 back....)

Timeline
I forgot to photocopy the DS156 that I sent with my packet 3. RATS!!! Can anyone who has been interviewed recently confirm whether they actually asked for copies of that form?

YES, they want copies of that! Call them and ask them that you forgot/misplaced and what can you do?

Timeline

Did you send in 2 copies of the DS156 in to the Consulate? If you did no new copies are needed. If there is any change in the information just let the person know and she/he will correct it using white out :)

Good luck.

Edited by Lance27

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.