robinknight8

Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiancé ?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent letter of intent, others I believe have sent pictures of wedding ring, engagement announcement in newspaper...others may be able to share what they provided for evidence...good luck

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A renewed letter of intent addressed to the consulate or embassy works fine.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello. I was reading Ds-156K form every other thing I got it but... Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiancé ?

what do I need to have to prove this ? is Letter of Intent good enough ?

I have a question for anyone who could maybe give me an answer , we got engaged back last Feb 14th but we haven't got the ring yet because we oted to put our money to better use (ie) filings fees etc.. question is would a letter of intent be good enough as one post said? Or do we have to show ring reciept and pics? But we don't have it yet. what do we do? Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Laynie!

Filed: Timeline
Hello. I was reading Ds-156K form every other thing I got it but... Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiancé ?

I have a question for anyone who could maybe give me an answer , we got engaged back last Feb 14th but we haven't got the ring yet because we oted to put our money to better use (ie) filings fees etc.. question is would a letter of intent be good enough as one post said? Or do we have to show ring reciept and pics? But we don't have it yet. what do we do? Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Laynie!

i'm pretty sure the letter is ok. YuAndDan says it is. YuAndDan seems to know a lot about the visa process & its requirements. we are waiting to get the ring..coz i think we should pick it out together, surely USCIS & your SO's embassy understands that.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Laynie!

Rings are not necessary at any point in the process, including adjusting status. I'm not even sure where the term "evidence of engagement" came from. I've never heard it before. Evidence of meeting is required with the petition as are letters of intent. Updated letters of intent for the interview are a good idea. Evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship sufficient to convince the Consular officer, is required at interview. Evidence of engagement is a new one for me.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Laynie!

Rings are not necessary at any point in the process, including adjusting status. I'm not even sure where the term "evidence of engagement" came from. I've never heard it before. Evidence of meeting is required with the petition as are letters of intent. Updated letters of intent for the interview are a good idea. Evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship sufficient to convince the Consular officer, is required at interview. Evidence of engagement is a new one for me.

It's specifically stated on one of the forms that is filled out prior to the visa interview. Form DS-156K, to be exact. :)

My evidence included: ring receipts, pictures from the day we were engaged, the ring actually on my finger ;) , photos from our wedding shower, and "Congratulations on your engagement" cards and emails. Also the updated letter of intent from Jerry. None of it, other than the letter, was looked at during my interview.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Laynie!

It's specifically stated on one of the forms that is filled out prior to the visa interview. Form DS-156K, to be exact. :)

My evidence included: ring receipts, pictures from the day we were engaged, the ring actually on my finger ;) , photos from our wedding shower, and "Congratulations on your engagement" cards and emails. Also the updated letter of intent from Jerry. None of it, other than the letter, was looked at during my interview.

DS 156 is the non immigrant visa application form. It is used for visitor visas as well. I don't see any request to prove you are engaged. Could you be more specific?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Laynie!

DS 156 is the non immigrant visa application form. It is used for visitor visas as well. I don't see any request to prove you are engaged. Could you be more specific?

It is on the DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Aplication. The form on the website expired 7/31/2007. In Colombia, the DS-156K is submitted with the DS-156. I assume it is the same everywhere, but maybe not.

The DS-156K has a list of documents that must be attached in order to apply for a Fiance(e) Visa. One of those documents is Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiance(e).

As far as I know, most people fulfill this requirement by submitting a new letter of intent.

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

Laynie!

It is on the DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Aplication. The form on the website expired 7/31/2007. In Colombia, the DS-156K is submitted with the DS-156. I assume it is the same everywhere, but maybe not.

The DS-156K has a list of documents that must be attached in order to apply for a Fiance(e) Visa. One of those documents is Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiance(e).

As far as I know, most people fulfill this requirement by submitting a new letter of intent.

Thank you. I missed the "K". No, not all Consulates use this form. A letter of intent will do nicely. Some countries may have official documents for engagement. I wouldn't know.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Just to add mine, I have a credit card bill that shows our initial deposit to our wedding planner as well as the initial contract for our wedding planner... I also have the packaging and customs declaration from when my fiance mailed my ring to me (yes I know - it is very lame - I am sure we will update *that* part of our story on our website at some point ;)) the receipt from the ring and obviously the actual ring itself...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you. I missed the "K". No, not all Consulates use this form. A letter of intent will do nicely. Some countries may have official documents for engagement. I wouldn't know.

This line on the form appears to be relatively new. There is no requirement or law to have a ring. Most people wouldn't dare make any plans for a wedding because this process is so unpredictable and again, there is no requirement for proof of wedding plans, etc. The letter of intent should be more than sufficient as well as anything else you might have i.e. engagement cards, etc. Not something to stress about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This line on the form appears to be relatively new. There is no requirement or law to have a ring. Most people wouldn't dare make any plans for a wedding because this process is so unpredictable and again, there is no requirement for proof of wedding plans, etc. The letter of intent should be more than sufficient as well as anything else you might have i.e. engagement cards, etc. Not something to stress about.

Thanks so much! feel better now!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

define "relatively new" -- it was on my form when I had to fill it out in the fall of 2004, and the form itself expired 5/31/2004.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

define "relatively new" -- it was on my form when I had to fill it out in the fall of 2004, and the form itself expired 5/31/2004.

All I can say is in November 2006 we did not have to include evidence of our engagement. That why I said "appears to be relatively new".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.