5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband and I have submitted our AOS package just recently. Actually, we got the NOA's today.

My questions/problems (this may be a bit lengthy):

But first some background info:

On the I-864, I am the main and only sponsor. I am using my parents income to supplement my own. Actually I could have used just one of my parents, but since they filed taxes jointly, I just included them both.

I have a part-time job and I just started it this February. On the I-864 it asks for annual income - I just estimated about how much I would earn in a year.

So here's my first problem: Now, I will be leaving my current job to find another or I'm thinking of concentrating on going back to school, so I guess I MAY be unemployed for some time. Will I need to contact USCIS? Should I send something in, or just call and inform someone of the change?

Second problem: My mom has retired this month, so obviously her income has changed. And my dad will be retiring in about 6 to 8 months time (perhaps when my husband and I will (hopefully) get our interview before or by that time) Do I have to contact USCIS or just wait until the interview and bring in the new evidence and maybe fill out a new I-864/864a's?

I hope that I made sense.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If a parent is supplementing your income, then if you live in the same household as them your parent should be submitting an I-864A contract between household member and sponsor. Did they do an I-864 Joint sponsor, or I-864A?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
If a parent is supplementing your income, then if you live in the same household as them your parent should be submitting an I-864A contract between household member and sponsor. Did they do an I-864 Joint sponsor, or I-864A?

yes, I know. I should've mentioned both my parents each submitted a I-864A form, I submitted the I-864. We all live together.

But the problem isn't about the forms, it's about change of income for all of us.

It's really my parents income that is helping us. I just don't make enough. Again, my parents will be retiring/have retired so their income will change (and I don't know what their new incomes will be yet) and I will be quitting my current job. I'm just hoping this won't be causing too many problems with the process of the paperwork and all. Basically, I'm wondering if I need to contact USCIS now or wait until the interview to submit new evidence? And if so, would I need to fill out new I-864 and I-864A forms?

Edited by infomon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I would wait for the interview, if you try to update information or try to change already in processing info it will only confuse them.

When dealing with the USCIS only give them what they ask for and keep it as simple as possible.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Timeline
I would wait for the interview, if you try to update information or try to change already in processing info it will only confuse them.

When dealing with the USCIS only give them what they ask for and keep it as simple as possible.

Good advice. I get so paranoid about this paperwork :wacko:

Thanks for your reply kim&james.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.