mandp

payment of I-129f fee by international money order?

19 posts in this topic

Did you call around to the banks? If there is an international bank there, they may be able to do it. I am also abroad and had the Bank draft written in US dollars. it worked just fine.

No one seems to want to issue me a money-order over here. I called USCIS help line and the woman told me to go to a western union and that they could do it. Just got back from there, and they said they dont do money orders anymore. I am hesitant to go to a German bank for fear of problems at the USCIS side and them sending the whole thing back to me, esp. if the form is in German, for example. I checked with one and they couldnt help me unless I had an account there. I will try another. :( ...

The woman last night on the phone also mentioned something about the money must be from a U.S. source(?)/bank. Maybe I misheard this.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : Aug 04 2007

I-129F Received at VSC: Aug 09 2007

I-129F NOA1 Notice-issue date : Aug 16 2007

I-129f NOA2 Notice-issue date : Jan 07 2007

Your I-129f was approved in 156 days from your filing date.

Ok, Deutsche Bank couldnt help me, Citibank couldnt help me without having an account (opening one requires 2,500€ permanent), and even then it's unclear what they could do. American Express told me they dont do money orders anymore, and that they're "not an American company anymore"--Very bizarre. I tried asking for advice everywhere, but the one woman at American Express said "there is nowhere in Germany to get a money-order anymore". Western Union doesnt help (apparently Western Union and American Express are the same company now anyway)...

I'm all out of ideas, and am very sad that I will have to wait two+ weeks to when I get back to the U.S. just to file. Two weeks wasted.

GrenadianCrix, what was the bank that you used to get the bank draft. You said it was a major international bank, maybe it might be here too. I'm willing to give it a shot. :unsure:

K-1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble :(

could you try somewhere like HSBC? they have branches all over and would probably have information in English as well as German... or would other nearby countries have somewhere that would help?

I've also heard of people getting money orders from travel agents, but I don't know if that still occurs...

sorry I can't be of more help; all the best :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Alright, I gave up and contacted my own bank in America asking for advice. They're sending me a cashier's check for the I-129f fee by Fed Ex, at the cost of $40 to me.

"The curse of success". Germany is so modern that they literally dont even do paper money transactions anymore, as I found out through bitter experience. If I had wanted to electronically transfer the money to the U.S. there wouldve been no problem.

K-1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.