mandp

payment of I-129f fee by international money order?

19 posts in this topic

I'm a U.S. citizen currently in Germany for a few more weeks, but wanted to get things moving with the apparently-horribly-long K1 process. So we've done everything to get the package and all documents ready, and are almost ready to send. The dilemma is with payment. I'm about 3,000 miles from the nearest U.S. Post office where I could pick up a money-order in a few minutes at most and be on my merry way. And I dont have any personal checks with me. Can I pay the application fee with some sort of international money order, from Deutsche Post or Deutsche Bank perhaps? These are not U.S. sources, so I dont know if the "USCIS" will accept it, and I desperately want to avoid any problems. Does anyone know anything about this please :help:

I've tried asking the embassy here and got the run-around, I tried calling USCIS but *both* my phone cards ran out of money. Apparently calling a U.S. 800 number from another country is not free, but very expensive :wacko:

thanks in advance anyone who can help!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : Aug 04 2007

I-129F Received at VSC: Aug 09 2007

I-129F NOA1 Notice-issue date : Aug 16 2007

I-129f NOA2 Notice-issue date : Jan 07 2007

Your I-129f was approved in 156 days from your filing date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not a problem as long as it is made out in USD $$$ and made out to "Department of Homeland Security" and has the petitioner's name on the note line.

Fee is now $455 to file I-129F.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks YuAndDan, that's a great relief. Just for clarity, the U.S. citizen is the "petitioner", correct?

K-1 Visa

Timeline
Thanks YuAndDan, that's a great relief. Just for clarity, the U.S. citizen is the "petitioner", correct?

Correct USC is petitioner, and Foreign fiancee is beneficiary.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Timeline
Not a problem as long as it is made out in USD $$$ and made out to "Department of Homeland Security" and has the petitioner's name on the note line.

today is 30th is there any way we can file with old fees like giving old date stamp from courier?not sure if its possible?

Timeline

today is 30th is there any way we can file with old fees like giving old date stamp from courier?not sure if its possible?

Nope POST Mark needed to be before July 30, effectively Postmarked July 28th.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Also they wont accept the older I-129F, you will need to download a new one and fill it out.

Also they wont accept the older I-129F, you will need to download a new one and fill it out.

oh thanks for quick one but isn't it possible to adjust with courier and ask him to give an old date stamp?

I will check the form on site.

BY THE WAY WAS IT PLANNED BY USCIS IN ADVANCE ABOUT THIS FEES HIKE? I WAS NOT AT ALL AWARE...CAN YOU GUDIE US HOW CAN WE CLAIM FEE WAVIER?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes, it was planned in advance... talked about in here for weeks, if not months... and there was a handy little reminder at the top of the forums index page

I can't imagine how anyone would claim a waiver; it's not like they haven't given notice... I'm sorry you didn't find out in time

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

BY THE WAY WAS IT PLANNED BY USCIS IN ADVANCE ABOUT THIS FEES HIKE? I WAS NOT AT ALL AWARE...CAN YOU GUDIE US HOW CAN WE CLAIM FEE WAVIER?

The fee hike was first announced February 1 2007. So if you were not aware if it, its your ignorance. I don't think the USCIS is going to give you a wavier for it as its been know for 6 months

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

oh thanks for quick one but isn't it possible to adjust with courier and ask him to give an old date stamp?

apart from the fact that what you're asking the courier to do is against business practices (if it is at all possible), youi're going to have a cute little discrepancy on your mail which I'd like to see explained...say IF you get the courier to somehow postmark it earlier, your money order (which I'm presuming you haven't got yet since you're in here asking) is going to be dated from the day you get it...therefore you'll have the letter postmarked say the 27th of june even tho the money order wasn't issued until the 1st of august (for example)...hmm

apart from the fact that what you're asking the courier to do is against business practices (if it is at all possible), youi're going to have a cute little discrepancy on your mail which I'd like to see explained...say IF you get the courier to somehow postmark it earlier, your money order (which I'm presuming you haven't got yet since you're in here asking) is going to be dated from the day you get it...therefore you'll have the letter postmarked say the 27th of june even tho the money order wasn't issued until the 1st of august (for example)...hmm

also the other prob is I read we need to submit new form but I think when we give old date like 25th july it is also considered that old form will be valid correct?

I think if we give old date they gonna check why this has taken too much time to reach us?

I am having a little difficulty finding a source to get some sort of international money order in U.S. dollars. I am in Berlin, Germany. Anyone have any ideas, or maybe from experience on how to do this.

I really don't want to submit a money order that the government will reject and send back to me, extending the process by weeks :(

K-1 Visa

If anyone can reply to this question, please do it here, as someone else had the same question today, and this thread has wandered from its original intent: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80826

K-1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
If anyone can reply to this question, please do it here, as someone else had the same question today, and this thread has wandered from its original intent: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80826

Did you call around to the banks? If there is an international bank there, they may be able to do it. I am also abroad and had the Bank draft written in US dollars. it worked just fine.

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.