sarahandbrian

I'm finally here

20 posts in this topic

Finally I am here

I flew out on Thursday, and came through Atlanta as my POE. I have to say this was probably the part I was dreading the most but there was no need, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how nice and welcoming the immigration department were, (and noone asked for my x-rays!), I will write more in a POE review.

Well not much else to say except that I am loving it here,everyoe has been so welcoming and friendly, being reunited with my husband was worth all the days , weeks and months of pain and lonliness, seeing him again was the best thing ever, so to anyone else still on your journey, hang on in there, there are days when you'll feel it will never end, but it will.

Thankyou to everyone here on the board who gave me help and advice along the way, I'm sure in a few days time I'll have yet more questions for you all!!!

Sarah

Welcome to America :)

Glad you made it over safe & sound.

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Finally I am here

I flew out on Thursday, and came through Atlanta as my POE. I have to say this was probably the part I was dreading the most but there was no need, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how nice and welcoming the immigration department were, (and noone asked for my x-rays!), I will write more in a POE review.

Well not much else to say except that I am loving it here,everyoe has been so welcoming and friendly, being reunited with my husband was worth all the days , weeks and months of pain and lonliness, seeing him again was the best thing ever, so to anyone else still on your journey, hang on in there, there are days when you'll feel it will never end, but it will.

Thankyou to everyone here on the board who gave me help and advice along the way, I'm sure in a few days time I'll have yet more questions for you all!!!

Sarah

awww! Congrats and welcome! We had a good experience with Atlanta too! Continued success!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome to the US!!!

We were another Atlantan success story, its a relief when you finally get through, nothing else matters after that,

you're homedry!!!

(p.s try the Peanut butter crunch icecream at Brusters, ooohhhh yum, this would probably explain my 20 lb weight gain in the last 8 weeks, you have been warned!!!)

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Finally I am here

Sarah

Congratulations and welcome to the US :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: Timeline

welcome & congrats!

can i ask an off topic question w/o getting beat up too bad here?

i've noticed something & i don't understand it.

some people have England on their profile w/ a white flag & a red cross, others have United Kingdom w/ the union jack.

i always thought the UK was England :unsure:

can someone explain this to me?

plz don't be too mean.

welcome & congrats!

can i ask an off topic question w/o getting beat up too bad here?

i've noticed something & i don't understand it.

some people have England on their profile w/ a white flag & a red cross, others have United Kingdom w/ the union jack.

i always thought the UK was England :unsure:

can someone explain this to me?

plz don't be too mean.

The white flag with the red cross is Englands flag.

The UK is comprised of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, hence people using the Union Jack.

Im still waiting for Capt to make the N. Ireland Flag :lol:

Sarah,

Welcome to the USA and Congrats!!!!!!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Arghhhhh no don't give me any more food ideas

I think I must have put on about a pound a day since I got here, the food is just toooooooooooooo good.

Welcome to the US!!!

We were another Atlantan success story, its a relief when you finally get through, nothing else matters after that,

you're homedry!!!

(p.s try the Peanut butter crunch icecream at Brusters, ooohhhh yum, this would probably explain my 20 lb weight gain in the last 8 weeks, you have been warned!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Welcome to the US. Glad to hear everything went so smoothly for you.

Imran and Safiya's Visa Journey[/u]

02-10-2005 We met online.

03-14-2007 Traveled to Pakistan to meet my fiance.

03-27-2007 Left Pakistan to return to United States.

07-05-2007 Filed K-1 fiance Visa (mailed via DHL)

07-09-2007 I-129 received at Nebraska Service Center

07-16-2007 NOA1 notice date (would have been sooner, but was forwarded to CSC)

07-18-2007 Touched

08-15-2007 Touched

03-09-2008 Touched

03-14-2008 Touched

05-13-2008 APPROVED (only took 313 days)

05-21-2008 Received at NVC

06-05-2008 Left NVC

06-13-2008 Packet 3.5 received by fiance

07-13-2009 Interview (Islamabad) APPROVED and on AP, was told 1-3 months

08-12-2009 Visa in hand

09-05-2009 Arrived in U.S. (POE JFK)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.