doodlebug

Cairo Interview Survey

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my husband had the same guy and was asked the same questions as yours was......except for the last question........they didn't keep his passport and was told they'd contact him in 1-2 months

Ok so give it up all you Cairo peeps..................describe the person that interviewed your SO and tell us how long the ap/ar lasted or has been still going on?

Our interviewer was a black man that had quite an attitude and gave my husband an intense feeling that he was lower than dog sh!t.

your turn..................

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

my fiance had a middle aged white man , american , he spoke arabic perfectly , but the interview was in english. He was polite, but very formal and took a lot of time looking over/reading everything. My fiance was told he would hear something in 1-2 months, You won't believe me when I tell u this :) , that was 3 months ago.

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

while me and my wife had to do everything from here , so we had to go to the embassy 3 different times , first to get the free to marry affidavit, second to file the petition and present the petition interview, one time we had to go back to alex and come back to the embassy because we have forgot one paper .. these three times plus my last interview . so i been there 4 different times , i have almost met every one there , 4 egyptians and 4 americans .

everyone was the same ( discourage & mean & aggressive ) plus treating you like they are higher than you , biger then you and better than you !

EXCEPT this one white american consular with the glasses .. he was a truly exception .. we had him for our petition interview .. and then i do believe he is too nice to be there :)

i had my last interview by the black consular ..

he called my name . i went directly to the window . i said good morning sir . he said good morning

i said how you doing sir .. he looked at me like i did something wrong or said something i was not suppose to say .

and i really don't know what was wrong with that , is it me saying how you doing !

or is it me calling him sir :)

no need to go thru the interview details now coz when somebody looks at you this kind of look just because you said how you doing sir , i guess we all can expect how the interview went ...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
while me and my wife had to do everything from here , so we had to go to the embassy 3 different times , first to get the free to marry affidavit, second to file the petition and present the petition interview, one time we had to go back to alex and come back to the embassy because we have forgot one paper .. these three times plus my last interview . so i been there 4 different times , i have almost met every one there , 4 egyptians and 4 americans .

everyone was the same ( discourage & mean & aggressive ) plus treating you like they are higher than you , biger then you and better than you !

EXCEPT this one white american consular with the glasses .. he was a truly exception .. we had him for our petition interview .. and then i do believe he is too nice to be there :)

i had my last interview by the black consular ..

he called my name . i went directly to the window . i said good morning sir . he said good morning

i said how you doing sir .. he looked at me like i did something wrong or said something i was not suppose to say .

and i really don't know what was wrong with that , is it me saying how you doing !

or is it me calling him sir :)

no need to go thru the interview details now coz when somebody looks at you this kind of look just because you said how you doing sir , i guess we all can expect how the interview went ...

Yup. All yesterday my husband kept telling me, I don't know......he did not give me a good feeling at all and I think I'm denied because he hated me so much and I did not do anything to make him hate me.

What a sadistic man to do such a thing to someone at such a critical point in their life!!!! :angry:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

They guy does sound like a jerk and all but think about it this way...if you had to deal with ppl at a high fraud embassy and deal with ppl who prolly 80% of the time are trying to commit fraud, wouldn't you be kinda jerky too? I know I would. After awhile I'd convince myself that all of them are dishonest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looking back at our interviews I think the problem began when we had to stand in line outside the embassy!!! :help: Yeahhhhh, that was the beginning of the end as we know it. Should have known from the attitude of the lady at the first place we "visited". Was on the American side as I had to have a notarization that I was free to marry in Egypt. Well...what should have been just a notary signature turned into the consular who was definately having a bad hair day :o . Didn't know anyone could yell that much thru the glass at me. Didn't have a clue at what she was trying to convey to me except she wanted to know if I had any small children at home as "Egyptian men are very abusive".....well.....I said no I didn't and she said "GOOD"!!! I think I was kinda in a little shock as I didn't expect such rude treatment and especially when if she wanted to ask me questions she certainly could have ask me to pick up the phone so we both could hear.

Anyway I left crying my eyes out as just couldn't understand any rhyme or reason for her actions toward me AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. And she was just as rude to Wael which was so uncalled for. He is so calm and sweet (L) . On the train back to Alexandria we tried to sort out all what happened and if there was any answer we gave that she didn't like. It was just a disaster trying to get just this lonely little piece of paper that was so important to us notarized. As quickly as she was yelling at us she changed to be a calm person...notarized the affadavit and would you believe....WISHED US LUCK!!!!! My head was spinning like I was being exorcised :blink: So with everything that has happened to us we have weathered the storm...crossed the floods....endured hellfire...and one thing more....we can truly say there are good, bad and indifferent in all people...I'm just thankful we survived with calmness, tears and the knowledge to go forth with assurance of obtaining our visa soon. We have taken the test and PASSED!!! :dance::yes:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline
Looking back at our interviews I think the problem began when we had to stand in line outside the embassy!!! :help: Yeahhhhh, that was the beginning of the end as we know it. Should have known from the attitude of the lady at the first place we "visited". Was on the American side as I had to have a notarization that I was free to marry in Egypt. Well...what should have been just a notary signature turned into the consular who was definately having a bad hair day :o . Didn't know anyone could yell that much thru the glass at me. Didn't have a clue at what she was trying to convey to me except she wanted to know if I had any small children at home as "Egyptian men are very abusive".....well.....I said no I didn't and she said "GOOD"!!! I think I was kinda in a little shock as I didn't expect such rude treatment and especially when if she wanted to ask me questions she certainly could have ask me to pick up the phone so we both could hear.

Anyway I left crying my eyes out as just couldn't understand any rhyme or reason for her actions toward me AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. And she was just as rude to Wael which was so uncalled for. He is so calm and sweet (L) . On the train back to Alexandria we tried to sort out all what happened and if there was any answer we gave that she didn't like. It was just a disaster trying to get just this lonely little piece of paper that was so important to us notarized. As quickly as she was yelling at us she changed to be a calm person...notarized the affadavit and would you believe....WISHED US LUCK!!!!! My head was spinning like I was being exorcised :blink: So with everything that has happened to us we have weathered the storm...crossed the floods....endured hellfire...and one thing more....we can truly say there are good, bad and indifferent in all people...I'm just thankful we survived with calmness, tears and the knowledge to go forth with assurance of obtaining our visa soon. We have taken the test and PASSED!!! :dance::yes:

I think I had the same lady when I got my affidavit as well. She gave me the third degree for about five minutes and then finally gave it to me.

They guy does sound like a jerk and all but think about it this way...if you had to deal with ppl at a high fraud embassy and deal with ppl who prolly 80% of the time are trying to commit fraud, wouldn't you be kinda jerky too? I know I would. After awhile I'd convince myself that all of them are dishonest.

You've got a point! I don't think they just interview the immigrants either so dealing with ALL THOSE lottery visas, visitor's visas etc. could put me in a bad mood every day too!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Then they should get another job. lol

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I suppose if they hate their job they shouldn't be doing it. But then again, if his behavior can scare off at least one guy who's trying to commit fraud then I'm all for him being a jerk. It's not COs job to be nice or pleasant to the interviewees. Their job is to interview these ppl and try to weed out the bad ones. If someone can't take a little jerky behavior from one guy then how are they gonna handle living in this world? Don't we all encounter a-holes in our lives? Just because a CO is an azz doesn't mean your SO isn't gonna eventually get his visa.

Then they should get another job. lol

Timeline

My husband had the white man with glasses skinny. He asked how are you? How did you meet your wife? Dose she have any children. They talked about the weather? Talked about how the dogs water bowl freezes in the winter. Asked what we would do once he is here. Medo also seen a paper with a big stamp in red that said approved. The man said O.K. you should hear something in 30 days and Medo replyed shocked WHAT??? then the man said maybe 3 weeks. Well that was 6 mo. ago. :crying:

Untitled.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had a white gal, probably 40ish that was a hag. I know I've told the story many times, but when I fist walked up to the window with Khallid, she looked me up and down and asked him why he would want to marry a woman like me......and "she has two kids!" Then she said I could not stand at the window with him. She needed to be thankful there was glass between us. :whistle:

And she was just as rude to Wael which was so uncalled for.

When I went to the American Services to get the free to marry paper, they wouldn't even let him in the building. He had to wait outside. (In November, thankfully, so he wasn't in the heat.) And, I went back to American Services after that, but they wouldn't let him in without showing the marriage certificate.

Don't think being American has any bearing on how well they treat you. They are equally rude to everyone.

It seems like the thin white guy is one of the kindest ones there. If only he was available at special request.

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.