doodlebug

Cairo Interview Survey

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok so give it up all you Cairo peeps..................describe the person that interviewed your SO and tell us how long the ap/ar lasted or has been still going on?

Our interviewer was a black man that had quite an attitude and gave my husband an intense feeling that he was lower than dog sh!t.

your turn..................

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Wael had the black guy too.. he said the man was kinda mean... if i remember correctly

Mohamed had a young white guy... very nice and polite... and NOT alot of questions

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Timeline

I wonder if your Moh and mine had the same guy. Moh said he was young but not too young (read: in his late 30s early 40s). Moh was not asked a lot of questions either. The only thing that was asked was...where does your wife work? what does she do for work?

Wael had the black guy too.. he said the man was kinda mean... if i remember correctly

Mohamed had a young white guy... very nice and polite... and NOT alot of questions

Timeline
I wonder if your Moh and mine had the same guy. Moh said he was young but not too young (read: in his late 30s early 40s). Moh was not asked a lot of questions either. The only thing that was asked was...where does your wife work? what does she do for work?

yup sounds like the same guy.... how long was your AP?

Edited by deemabrouk

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Timeline

well... Note to everybody.. Go for the nice white guy... Run from the Black guy :blink:

can you request a certain officer?

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Timeline
well... Note to everybody.. Go for the nice white guy... Run from the Black guy :blink:

can you request a certain officer?

Well there may be more than one officer of color so I wouldn't necessarily say run from him just in case he's like one in a million. lol.

I want to know if you can switch officers midstream.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it is absolutely HORRIFYING that ONE person has so much control of the destiny of our lives!!!!

Especially if that person has an attitude and is mad at the world. I understand that they are trained to look for fraud, but some of these people I think really get off on their power trip. Don't ya think?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
I think it is absolutely HORRIFYING that ONE person has so much control of the destiny of our lives!!!!

Especially if that person has an attitude and is mad at the world. I understand that they are trained to look for fraud, but some of these people I think really get off on their power trip. Don't ya think?

people like that should NOT have that job!

it's sad really that he acts like this with people

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sam had the white guy with glasses. Not too old. Very nice and polite and friendly. We have been on AP for almost six months!!!! His interview went very well, AP...............a nightmare!!

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Sam had the white guy with glasses. Not too old. Very nice and polite and friendly. We have been on AP for almost six months!!!! His interview went very well, AP...............a nightmare!!

I think this is the guy we had who approved the I-130. He seems to be one of the nicest ones there. Anybody remember my husband joking with him and inviting him to dinner? :blush: Well, he didn't get upset or anything, he just laughed. He is polite, and he even speaks some Arabic. He talked to my husband in Arabic a little.

For the visa interview we had a different CO, he was a white guy also, but he was heavy and didn't conversate with us much. Both of those guys look to be in their 30's or early 40's, but the only difference is their size.

I am not sure if you keep the same CO throughout the whole process, but I really don't think so. I just think that they only have a handful of officers that conduct the interviews, so people probably get the same one over and over. Also, I don't know how much of a difference it would make to have one specific officer to handle your case. It seems like you only get one visa interview. (or am I wrong?) After the interview, your case probably goes back into the pile, and is pulled out when needed by whichever person is handling it that day. But, who knows?

They also have other officers that handle everything else but the interviews. Like adding information to your file (receipts, forms, etc.) and double-checking that your information is correct. These employees were more friendly and were open to our questions more than the CO. So, these people could be the ones who touch your case from time to time. Maybe the interviewing officer's job is done after the interview???? Wouldn't that be great?!!!

Good luck everybody.

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't know who my husband had. First, they told him to go away, that they didn't have his stuff and he didn't have an interview. He insisted on staying, and they finally dug around and found his stuff. The first person to look through his file started throwing papers away :blink: Then another person came and told him his file was incomplete. My husband said, umm, check the garbage can, I think he threw that paper away. The guy refused to look, but gave him another form to fill out.

I'll have to check with him about more details, as it's been sooo long (more than 2 years ago no, how time flies!)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
I don't know who my husband had. First, they told him to go away, that they didn't have his stuff and he didn't have an interview. He insisted on staying, and they finally dug around and found his stuff. The first person to look through his file started throwing papers away :blink: Then another person came and told him his file was incomplete. My husband said, umm, check the garbage can, I think he threw that paper away. The guy refused to look, but gave him another form to fill out.

I'll have to check with him about more details, as it's been sooo long (more than 2 years ago no, how time flies!)

seems like nothing changes there!!! I can't believe they threw stuff away!!! Probably what happened to my husband's pictures!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.