NikkisPrecious

Has anyone flown from gatwick to milwaukee via chicago??

20 posts in this topic

I knew you were still in the K3 process, but I thought maybe you were just planning ahead by looking at flight itineraries.

No problems trying somewhere else, but of course, that does not guarantee success. All you can do is try (or have your fiance come to the UK instead.

SA4userbar.jpg

Nikkisprecious,

There can always be problems with customs and, unfortunately, I think once you are flagged on their systems you are flagged permanently. All you can do is take as much proof as possible with you to prove that you intend to leave. What sort of proof did you take with you as "ties to home" on the last visits? The more you can provide the (hopefully) easier it should be to get through customs.

Can you get a letter of employment from your boss stating that you are visiting the US for a specific period of time and the date you are returning to work?

Do you have property that you can show?

Do you mind me asking how often you visited the US to be deemed as "visiting too often", that really intrigued me.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

I have all my visits written down somewhere i will find it and post later on, i spoke to a friend of mine this weekend and he said it may of been because i returned before the 6 weeks you had to be back in the uk for, i had no idea there was a time limit on when you could return.. damm

I never really took any evidence to show i would be returning either, i guess my return ticket and proof of previous visits ALWAYS returning within 90 days isn't enough for them. Which kinda sucks, coz surely if i'm showing them and its on there system that i always leave within 90 days thats some kind of proof i'm an honest person.. I could get a letter from my boss, but it could be tricky things are a bit sticky at the moment. I may choose not to return to my job yet still return to the uk.

I guess it is allowed to visit whilst this is pending but VERY risky, i'd need to take as much proof as i can that i'd be returning huh. Which i do intend to do so we can get the visa the correct way you know.

Edited by NikkisPrecious

going through HELL

I was not aware of any time-restriction on returning to the States either. Maybe it's hidden away in small print on one of the official sites. This isn't something I would come across as I'm only able to afford to visit my hubby every 6 months.

I guess it is allowed to visit whilst this is pending but VERY risky, i'd need to take as much proof as i can that i'd be returning huh. Which i do intend to do so we can get the visa the correct way you know.

It is deemed by most people to be more risky because you have more of a reason to want to stay than the average John Doe.

But, on a normal entry, you only have to answer the questions they ask you (honestly, of course). So the spouse visa and other things may not even come up in the questions/responses. However, as you have been more-thoroughly questioned on previous occasions it may come up and pre-warned is pre-armed.

So take proof just in case. It's better to have proof that you don't need/use, than not enough proof and be turned away :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Yes, be aware that the onus is on you to prove why you should be allowed to enter the USA. Also I would say that a deportation is not something you want on your record when you're applying for your K-3. Take as much evidence of home ties as possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.