nathanp

age requirement

53 posts in this topic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no im not over looking that we have to meet.i know we do and have said it a few times already.i know what i have to doa dn im very aware of it.i even told her that.so we both know whatw e ahve to do but im just trying to find out if she can come without her parents permission on a fiancee visa.i know about everything else for sure.

More than once in this thread you have been told that she will need her parents' permission to come on the fiancee visa until she is at least 23. Waiting for a different answer will not change this. She will not be able to leave the Philippines on a K1 visa without their permission because the CFO will not give her the required exit stamp without it. This is not speculation. If someone tells you otherwise, then you are getting false information.

i already have some1 to co-sponsor.

You should also be aware that the consulate in Manila approves very few cosponsors for K1 visas. What is the relationship of the cosponsor to you?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline
thanks.it is her idea to do the fiancee visa.she didnt want to leave the philippines without being married but she knows her parents will keep pushing her so she wants to do the fiancee visa if her parents let her but if not then we will get married in the philippines.so im saving up the extra money when i visit incase we cant convince her parents to let her come here on a fiancee visa.her parents dont understand.thanks every1 for the advice and tips.it helps me out alot.and im always open for them.thanks.

Speaking as a parent, I am sure her parents understand more than you or she are aware. Or, at least, as she portrays. Setting aside trying to marry without their consent, why don't you focus on visiting, finding out if a marriage is viable, and setting her parents' minds at ease?

Tactfully (and generally) speaking.... at that age, young ladies are going through some strong hormonal surges. They will say, and do, crazy things. It is a nightmarish hell for parents. Your contribution to this hell will not endear you to them. You will need to meet with them and show that you are a mature and sensible young man, with only their daughter's best interests, and love for her, at heart. Once you have achieved that, you will have their consent.

All the best, Nathan.

iagree.gif

im not waiting for another answer.i know what the answer is already and dont expect it to change at all.im just stating what i originally asked on here.my dad is the co-sponsor and we will probably get married there in the phils instead.we have been talking about it for a while.she is the 1 who really wants sto do the fiancee visa but i keep asking her is she sure thats what she wants to do.and her parents dont really know what love is.she even told me her parents r jealous of us.her dad is a drunk and doesnt work.her mom doesnt do anything around the house except watch her youngest daughter who is barely or not even a year old.its all up to jenes to do it.she cleans cooks goes to school,etc.its just her parents r a little hard headed.they even say she is and that she is an idiot and useless.they always put her down evertime we talk which is basically everyday.all her parents care about is money.and she told me that also.they own a store which b4 they had i think 3 others and were shut down bcuz of low income then they just started another 1.and its their store and they have her walk around for 3 hours collecting money for their store knowing she has school soon and she is cleaning and cooking all day.and her older sis doesnt do anything to help out.maybe watch the store from time to time but thats it.she turns her webcam on for me when she is busy and no1 knows its on so i can see whats really going on.sometimes even her mic so i can hear.but im aware of everything that needs to be done for her to come here on any visa,and the steps involved.yeah im planning to visit her and save the money also to get married there if she changes her mind when i visit.but also i have to save up to 2200 dollars(USD) just to give to her parents so they will consent to us getting married.if i dont give them that money they wont let us get married.

im not waiting for another answer.i know what the answer is already and dont expect it to change at all.im just stating what i originally asked on here.my dad is the co-sponsor and we will probably get married there in the phils instead.we have been talking about it for a while.she is the 1 who really wants sto do the fiancee visa but i keep asking her is she sure thats what she wants to do.and her parents dont really know what love is.she even told me her parents r jealous of us.her dad is a drunk and doesnt work.her mom doesnt do anything around the house except watch her youngest daughter who is barely or not even a year old.its all up to jenes to do it.she cleans cooks goes to school,etc.its just her parents r a little hard headed.they even say she is and that she is an idiot and useless.they always put her down evertime we talk which is basically everyday.all her parents care about is money.and she told me that also.they own a store which b4 they had i think 3 others and were shut down bcuz of low income then they just started another 1.and its their store and they have her walk around for 3 hours collecting money for their store knowing she has school soon and she is cleaning and cooking all day.and her older sis doesnt do anything to help out.maybe watch the store from time to time but thats it.she turns her webcam on for me when she is busy and no1 knows its on so i can see whats really going on.sometimes even her mic so i can hear.but im aware of everything that needs to be done for her to come here on any visa,and the steps involved.yeah im planning to visit her and save the money also to get married there if she changes her mind when i visit.but also i have to save up to 2200 dollars(USD) just to give to her parents so they will consent to us getting married.if i dont give them that money they wont let us get married.

"Selling" their daughter is human trafficing and is illegal. By paying their price, you are engaging in human trafficing. Do not pay them. Do not put yourself in a position that could land you in prison. This sounds like a scam.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

It sounds like they know they have completely control over your futures and are using that to scam you into giving them money. Do not do it, you could easily end up in prison.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

i agree with u both.i done told her im not going to buy her from them.and when her parents fount out they got mad and said we couldnt talk but we r still talking now.all they want is money and dont care about their daughters future.her older sis only got married bcuz thats what her parents wanted.she is 19 and married to a 40 year old when she had just turned 18.he paid them money.but i keep telling her i wont do it bcuz im not going to buy her.she is a human not an item up for the highest bidder.her parents want her to find some guy who is around 40 so he will give them money.her parents arent working and can barely keep their store open which has been closed atleast 2 times already.im already paying their internet and electricity bill as it is.and i really do it so i can talk to her bcuz she cant afford to go to an internet cafe everyday.and now im going to buy her a new computer bcuz her laptop is broken and sometimes she cant even type.she has to write it and show me on cam.but she told me there is cheap computers there.and i already paid like 105 dollars to get her laptop fixed b4 when i should have spent another 100 dollars so she could get a used desktop for now until i got the money to buy a laptop here and bring it with me when i visit.but yeah i dont plan on paying them money and if they dont agree to sign the papers so we can get married then ill just tell them ill give them the money when i get back then not give it to them at all once she is able to legally come here.thanks yall.i agree with not paying her parents just to marry her.i asked other filipinas about that and they never heard of that when jenes told me that its her custom.but she doesnt like talking about money bcuz she doesnt want money from me and she gets angry with her parents when they keep asking her to ask me for money and she feels really bad and is always apologizing when she does ask for money.she ven tells me not to worry about paying them that thats all they want is money.she always tells me that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
no im not over looking that we have to meet.i know we do and have said it a few times already.i know what i have to doa dn im very aware of it.i even told her that.so we both know whatw e ahve to do but im just trying to find out if she can come without her parents permission on a fiancee visa.i know about everything else for sure.

More than once in this thread you have been told that she will need her parents' permission to come on the fiancee visa until she is at least 23. Waiting for a different answer will not change this. She will not be able to leave the Philippines on a K1 visa without their permission because the CFO will not give her the required exit stamp without it. This is not speculation. If someone tells you otherwise, then you are getting false information.

i already have some1 to co-sponsor.

You should also be aware that the consulate in Manila approves very few cosponsors for K1 visas. What is the relationship of the cosponsor to you?

for the bolded, he knows this already, its been said alot. he was only stating his reason for posting this thread, he wasnt asking AGAIN the same question.

for the OP. get the concept of marriage out of your head for now. go meet her, spend some time with her, meet her parents, and once the meeting is over, then decide if marriage is right. And remember, your marrying her bc you love her, your not marrying her bc she needs rescued. correct? bc i didnt see you say you love her, only that you wnt to rescue her. good luck Nathan

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.