clairern

How did u meet your SO?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was introduced to my SO by my brother's ex-wife. We initally talked on the phone for hours and found out that we had so much in common and wanted the same things from a relationship. We were both previously married and was tired of being alone. We talk everyday on the phone. My fist phone bill was >$600. I decided to go vist him in JA, after not having been there for >15 years. My sis-in-law came of course. It was love at first site. We decided then and there that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. The only draw back was that he was still married. His "wife" migrated to Canada one week after they were married and never looked back. She currently has two children with another man. He is currently in the process of getting divorced and we plan to start the process in April '08. He wants us to "get to know each other some more" He is very cautious about the immigration process because of all the rumors he is privy to.

He introduced me to his mother and daughter and all his family treated me great. He is a wonderful, sweet, kind and honest man. I just adore him. I hope my journey will be as successful as others that I've seen and read about.

You guys/gals are all now my new family who has provided a shoulder for me to lean on when I am feeling discouraged about this whole process and the long wait. I don't post alot but I am obsessed with this site. I read it at work and before I go to bed every night and I applaude you all for the support you have given each other at all time.

When I start this process, I know that I have you all to turn to for support and reassurance when the going gets rough. :thumbs:

Love Ya'll. :innocent:

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and good luck

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I met my husband in MoBay at a local beach, but found out later I knew his family. Although I was born here my mom is from Jonestown, Kingston and my dad is from St. James. My mom and his sisters grew up together and his family is from the same part of "country" where my dad was. It's crazy how small this world is and we say it all the time. We are meant to be together. :luv:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

we met at some party almost 5 years ago. Fell in love about a week after that and been on this rollercoaster ride ever since.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Claire,

VJ is the place to be...even when the journey is over.

I met my fiance on my spring break trip to Jamaica. He was bothering me so much that I decided to be nice and got to dinner with him. He clean up so nice...I think it was love right then...just kidding. We (I mean he....) talked (my ear off) the whole night. And now 5 years and four months later...we are waiting on the interview for us to be together for the rest of our lives. :D

Timeline

These r so fabulous. I knew my husband since I was like 9, he is a friend of my brother. Moved away, met back up at the new place. Then I moved permanently to the US. thats before we dated for about a year. After that we spoke a couple times and lost contact. Then here we are 9yrs later, with a baby girl and 2yrs of marriage..Still in love..from we were 14 actually i was 14 :innocent:

u can't change ur destiny, just have to accept it and make the best of it. Like my granny sey.."wah is fi u caan be fi nobody else"...:)

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I first saw my husband 12 years ago at Kingston Open Bible Church. I thought he was just so handsome in his suit. So for most of the church service I stared in the direction he was sitting, not hearing a thing that was preached :devil: . My best friend's boyfriend at the time (who is now her hubby), asked me if I wanted to meet him, which I did. At first Aaron didn't want to meet me, but after sometime told Rohan to bring me over. The next weekend, we went to the movies and decided to hook up after that. He asked me to marry him 4 months after we met, to which I answered yes, but then I moved to the US and wanted to really enjoy college life :innocent: , so we broke up. We got back together in 1999 and have been together ever since, despite my father's objections; we reinstated our engagement a few months after getting back together and got married in 2003. :D

P.S. My father gets along with him now :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
I met my husband in MoBay at a local beach, but found out later I knew his family. Although I was born here my mom is from Jonestown, Kingston and my dad is from St. James. My mom and his sisters grew up together and his family is from the same part of "country" where my dad was. It's crazy how small this world is and we say it all the time. We are meant to be together. :luv:

The same thing happened to me when I showed his picture to my niece who lives in NY. She said " Auntie Claire, I know this guy." I asked her where she knew him from and she said to me "Didn't he go to Old Harbour secondary? I asked her how she knew that was where he went and she said because I used to see him there. I was bowled over. I can't believe how small this world really is. When I told Mike, he was like "How did you feel when she said that?" I was like how was I supposed to feel? She only knew his face, not anything else. Maybe he thought she meant she knew him biblically. LOL :wacko:

we met at some party almost 5 years ago. Fell in love about a week after that and been on this rollercoaster ride ever since.

I know the feeling my dear. I started feeling the rollercoaster ride even before I met him in person. :dance:

Claire,

I met my fiance on my spring break trip to Jamaica. He was bothering me so much that I decided to be nice and got to dinner with him. He clean up so nice...I think it was love right then...just kidding. We (I mean he....) talked (my ear off) the whole night. And now 5 years and four months later...we are waiting on the interview for us to be together for the rest of our lives. :D

Cool!! I wish you all the best and success on your interview and the rest of your journey. :thumbs:

Timeline
These r so fabulous. I knew my husband since I was like 9, he is a friend of my brother. Moved away, met back up at the new place. Then I moved permanently to the US. thats before we dated for about a year. After that we spoke a couple times and lost contact. Then here we are 9yrs later, with a baby girl and 2yrs of marriage..Still in love..from we were 14 actually i was 14 :innocent:

u can't change ur destiny, just have to accept it and make the best of it. Like my granny sey.."wah is fi u caan be fi nobody else"...:)

Kimmy

You got that right. I get the feeling that Mike and I were destined to be together. I see your hubby got the visa. Even though I only post occasionally, I always read the VJ JA post every day and night. I include you guys who are on this journey in my daily prayers. "Good things come to those who wait. At the end of the rainbow the pot of gold awaits. The race is not for the swift but for thos who ENDURE to the end." These are the quotes I have adopted and Mike emphasizes them to me everyday when I become impatient. I see how patient you all are and I hope to be in your position one day in the not so distant future. Jumping for joy when Mike gets his visa and to be able to share it with you all!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I first saw my husband 12 years ago at Kingston Open Bible Church. I thought he was just so handsome in his suit. So for most of the church service I stared in the direction he was sitting, not hearing a thing that was preached :devil: . My best friend's boyfriend at the time (who is now her hubby), asked me if I wanted to meet him, which I did. At first Aaron didn't want to meet me, but after sometime told Rohan to bring me over. The next weekend, we went to the movies and decided to hook up after that. He asked me to marry him 4 months after we met, to which I answered yes, but then I moved to the US and wanted to really enjoy college life :innocent: , so we broke up. We got back together in 1999 and have been together ever since, despite my father's objections; we reinstated our engagement a few months after getting back together and got married in 2003. :D

P.S. My father gets along with him now :thumbs:

No one can change your destiny but you. When the door is open only you can decide who you let come in and who you let walk on by. Your life to live. :thumbs:

Timeline

You all are such fabulous people. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories.. Isn't it strange and surprising how we meet the one we love and want to spend the rest of our lives with in the most unusual way? It just makes one wonder. I was married for 13 years and after my divorce, was single until I had a on again off again relationship with this married guy for three years, who told me everyday that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He promised me everyday that he was getting divorced. When I got really tired of him and it, I finally moved away from NY to NC and he followed me here. He left after 3 months with the excuse that he couldn't find a job after her was not even looking digilently. He went back to his wife and has regretted it everyday. He also kept promising that he was coming back "home" After about a year I just gave up. It was during this time, when I told myself that I am done with men that my brother's ex-wife broke up with her husband and started dating his guy in JA. He had a picture of Mike and she saw it and took it home to FL with her. We were talking on the phone one day and she just happen to mention her relationship with this guy in JA and said to me. "I have a number for you." I laughed and took the numer anyway. She kept at me till I made the first call and that was a wrap. I ask him everyday, "Where have you been all my life?" His reply is that only GOD knows our destiny and he was preparing us for this new journey that he and I are starting. Our meeting, he says, was ordained by GOD! After Mike and I started dating, my sis broke up with his friend and is now back with her husband. Strange isn't it? My life is now so intertwined with Mike, I feel that I have known him forever. We are just so happy together. We are getting to know each other better everyday, and hope that one day we will be together forever.

Love you all!

Claire

Edited by clairern

Timeline
Claire,

I see that you got your interview scheduled in four months from when you originally filed. Props to you girl. I wish you all the best and good luck on your interview. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

I met Marlon online while he was living in England. He moved back to Jamaica in July 2006. I went to Jamaica in September and that is when he asked me to marry him and I said yes! I went back in March 2007 and spent some more time with him. Hopefully (God willing) he will be here with me where he belongs the end of next month!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You all are such fabulous people. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories.. Isn't it strange and surprising how we meet the one we love and want to spend the rest of our lives with in the most unusual way? It just makes one wonder. I was married for 13 years and after my divorce, was single until I had a on again off again relationship with this married guy for three years, who told me everyday that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He promised me everyday that he was getting divorced. When I got really tired of him and it, I finally moved away from NY to NC and he followed me here. He left after 3 months with the excuse that he couldn't find a job after her was not even looking digilently. He went back to his wife and has regretted it everyday. He also kept promising that he was coming back "home" After about a year I just gave up. It was during this time, when I told myself that I am done with men that my brother's ex-wife broke up with her husband and started dating his guy in JA. He had a picture of Mike and she saw it and took it home to FL with her. We were talking on the phone one day and she just happen to mention her relationship with this guy in JA and said to me. "I have a number for you." I laughed and took the numer anyway. She kept at me till I made the first call and that was a wrap. I ask him everyday, "Where have you been all my life?" His reply is that only GOD knows our destiny and he was preparing us for this new journey that he and I are starting. Our meeting, he says, was ordained by GOD! After Mike and I started dating, my sis broke up with his friend and is now back with her husband. Strange isn't it? My life is now so intertwined with Mike, I feel that I have known him forever. We are just so happy together. We are getting to know each other better everyday, and hope that one day we will be together forever.

Love you all!

Claire

Thanks for sharing your story, Claire. I wish you all the best in your relationship with Michael and on your own visa journey.

God bless you.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so I had just finalized my divorce in October,after 2 years of marriage and 6 years of 'trying' to make it work separately. My family had planned a trip back to JA for my Godparent's 50th Anniversary.

I was staying at a hotel in Mo Bay and Kenny worked there! He said 'Hi' and I grumbled 'Hi' back...I was so anti-love and men at that point. I didn't want to hear it. Everyday, he would find me and make sure to say 'Hi' or ask me 'How I was doing?' Well, he asked me to go to dinner with him and I hadn't really gone out since I had gotten to Mo Bay, I agreed. We went to the Ville and the Pelican for a Wacky Wednesday party and danced the night away! I hadn't had such a good time in YEARS!! We went to Coral Cliff the next night and just talked until I missed ther darn bus back to the hotel. And we went out the night after that! I really enjoyed his company and his passion to do better in life!

He told me I would marry him on the the day I left and I just laughed. We exchanged numbers and I went home. We have spoken every single day since. Sometime around Christmas we realized that we had fallen in love and I was scared witless! I went down to JA in February and had a really good time with Ken again. Then I went back to JA. with my sons in June, (I needed to make sure that they would get along with him.) And the last night I was there he asked me to marry him and surprisingly ...I said yes!!

So I say all this to say...Never say never...cause you never know what Jah has in store for you!

So like my profile says it's a real "Stella" story...just without the sad ending!

Blessings,

Gill

P.S.- This was a great question Claire!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I met my boyfriend while vacationing in Jamaica. One of my Jamaican friends, relatives was braiding my hair at her house. (Ummm..sorry, but Bo Derrick is the ONLY white girl that can pull off that look! :P ) So here I sat for 2 freakin' hours only to want to rip them out of my head when I saw how ridiculous I looked, when the most amazing guy hands me a beer. Doesn't say a word, and walks away. There were alot of people at her house so I didn't have a clue as to who he was. My friend kept making comments about him looking at me, and I tried to act all cool like I didn't care. When I decided to leave, I walked up to him, asked him his name and the rest as they say.....

We went out that night and every night after until I had to go home. He worked at the resort next to the one I was staying, (Yep, another small world story) and he would sneek over during the day to see me! (L)

I completely feel that he and I were destined to be together. I was actually seeing someone when I met my fiance in Jamaica. We have been through so much. Laughter, tears, bad, bad and REALLY bad times, amazing times, break-ups and make-ups, misunderstandings on both our parts, other friendships, (His friends and mine) have come and gone, financial problems, children, family situations...I could go on. And being long distance for this long has taught us both many lessons in love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.