churipu

Just mailed N400 in MD...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello guys,

I mailed off my N-400 last saturday to avoid the horrid new fees...I live in Baltimore County so it went to the VSC. Without getting into details, it turns out my husband who is currently in the Air Force might be cut a deal by the military and get out early (he was supposed to finish his tour in MD in april 2008) by the end of august this year, we just found out today. If this occurs, we will move to FL in 2 months or so in the Jacksonville area. This is not 100% sure but I thought I'd start collecting info on what my options are if we move.

We obviously would move to an area under a different Service Center (Texas) and a different local office (Jacksonville) than the one I used to file my N-400.

Will this cause problems with my application? I know I have to notify them of my change of address, I just don't know if it is even possible to go through with the whole citizenship thing by starting at one center and finishing in a different one. I hope I was clear enough about the possible scenario. I tried to find info about this but I couldn't find any. We moved before but it was within the state of MD and never while I had something pending with USCIS, so I notified them and that was it. This is a totally new situation for us.

I hope someone can give me some info about this.

Thanks in advance! (F)

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline

Anyone? :huh:

NATURALIZATION

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

Don't worry about it, Just wait until you move then MAKE SURE you notify the USCIS by filing the Change of address Form. Then wait a couple of weeks, call them up to make sure they have your new address on file.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello guys,

I mailed off my N-400 last saturday to avoid the horrid new fees...I live in Baltimore County so it went to the VSC. Without getting into details, it turns out my husband who is currently in the Air Force might be cut a deal by the military and get out early (he was supposed to finish his tour in MD in april 2008) by the end of august this year, we just found out today. If this occurs, we will move to FL in 2 months or so in the Jacksonville area. This is not 100% sure but I thought I'd start collecting info on what my options are if we move.

We obviously would move to an area under a different Service Center (Texas) and a different local office (Jacksonville) than the one I used to file my N-400.

Will this cause problems with my application? I know I have to notify them of my change of address, I just don't know if it is even possible to go through with the whole citizenship thing by starting at one center and finishing in a different one. I hope I was clear enough about the possible scenario. I tried to find info about this but I couldn't find any. We moved before but it was within the state of MD and never while I had something pending with USCIS, so I notified them and that was it. This is a totally new situation for us.

I hope someone can give me some info about this.

Thanks in advance! (F)

Hope your hubby get an early released from the army.

I lived in Mongomery County MD and Baltimore is also our Service Center. My husband did apply for the N 400 back in July 2003. His interwiew did not go well therefore they did say they will notify us via mail. We moved and I did the change of Adress online. It took 6 months for those " hard head people" to get our adress correct. Within these 6 months my husband went to baltimore 4 times called the useless toll free # a few times as well, I did mailed in AR11 as well.

Finally on june 10 he received a letter with intention to deny that was dated May 10, 2007 with an old Adress on the letter. The envollope was mailed out of Baltimore on June 7 to a different adress and thanks God the letter was forwarded by the post office to our correct adress. Our heart just stopped!

You need to be on top of them. Finally after almost 3 years, he became an Amreican.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you have a better experience.

Timeline

Thank you both so much for your replies!!! (F)

I kinda figured you could still go ahead even if you change your address, but I wanted some reassurance I guess. Hopefully they won't screw up if we actually have to move and get my application transferred... :whistle:

pat001, I am sorry you guys had to go through all that mess...I am very glad to hear everything turned out to be fine at last though! Congrats! :dance:

NATURALIZATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.