love my Nour

Questions about police certificate, etc

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, here I go again with questions. We have gotten approved July 27 for our I-129F. Now it the NOA2 is in the mail to me. So now, my fiancee, which lives in Morocco, needs passport, police certificate, i guess an originial birth cert. even though he has one, and something from the landlord where he lives that says he still lives at home.

So what I would like to know is how long does it take to get the police cert. passport and whatever else he might need. Now I know it will take a little time to get interview in Casa but do we have enough time to get all the paperwork ready to submit (p.cert. bc, etc.

I will be on pins and needles until he gets all this done. He, of course, says not to worry. Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will until the time comes for his interview. I want to go there for support but if it is any time soon, I can't, cause its too expensive and I need to help with his plane ticket here.

I know he will be ok traveling here, but I guess I want to make sure he is alright coming through customs and all that.

Any suggestions from anyone in Morocco that has been this route? All replies are greatly appreciated.

Sara El Malki

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok, here I go again with questions. We have gotten approved July 27 for our I-129F. Now it the NOA2 is in the mail to me. So now, my fiancee, which lives in Morocco, needs passport, police certificate, i guess an originial birth cert. even though he has one, and something from the landlord where he lives that says he still lives at home.

So what I would like to know is how long does it take to get the police cert. passport and whatever else he might need. Now I know it will take a little time to get interview in Casa but do we have enough time to get all the paperwork ready to submit (p.cert. bc, etc.

I will be on pins and needles until he gets all this done. He, of course, says not to worry. Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will until the time comes for his interview. I want to go there for support but if it is any time soon, I can't, cause its too expensive and I need to help with his plane ticket here.

I know he will be ok traveling here, but I guess I want to make sure he is alright coming through customs and all that.

Any suggestions from anyone in Morocco that has been this route? All replies are greatly appreciated.

Hi,

About 4 weeks before the interview I, the petitioner, received an email from the consulate with complete instructions ( forms needed for interview, names of doctors for medical exam, etc) No I-134 required . My fiance will have to bring with him a copy of this email to the interview because it contains the date of the interview. i checked with the consulate and they confirmed that he is not getting a packet in the mail.

I don't know if it depends on the city where your fiance lives, but my fiance obtained all the required certificates ( birth, police, court and celibacy without much wait, maybe on the same day or the next) getting these documents translated is easy too. As for the passport, my fiance already has one, but i remember when he got it and I don't think it took too long,maybe a couple of weeks.

4 weeks gives your fiance plenty of time to get everything ready.

Good luck,

S

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
needs passport, police certificate, i guess an originial birth cert. even though he has one, and something from the landlord where he lives that says he still lives at home.

What do you mean by "I guess an original birth cert"? Does he have one or does he not? Remember, PC and BC are two separate items. I don't know in your part of the world, a letter from some landlord is valid as an official document from the local government? Will the consulate accept the landlord's letter claiming Nour lives in this building stucture as a subtitute for Birth Certificate of Police Certificate for Lack of Criminal Record? Just questions I have when reading your post....

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

This is a copy of the email that the consulate sent me four weeks before the interview. i am pretty sure that you will get it in the next few weeks, but if your fiance wants to go ahead and start getting his documents ready, I think he can do it before you get the email.

o Police certificate with a certified English translation

o Birth certificate with a certified English translation

o Court certificate with a certified English translation

o Certificate of celibacy with a certified English translation

o Completed Forms DS-156 (TWO COPIES)

o Completed Form DS-156K

o Completed Form DS-157

o Completed DS-230 PART I

- Visa application fee; $ 100 or the equivalent in dirham

All forms are available at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

They do not ask for anything from the landlord, so I wouldn't worry about that. I believe that the birth certificate that he needs is a green paper (not a photocopy of the green paper). I don't think it is the "original" birth certificate ( I don't think there is an original birth certificate)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.