doodlebug

Egypt in the Summer

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If anyone is thinking of visiting their dear habibi/habibti in the summertime in Egypt........

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, save the $1300 or whatever money the flight would cost, take a week off from work and talk to him via the webcam all day with breaks for some pamper yourself time. If you REALLY want the full experience though, here's a thought..................lock yourself in an attic where the temperature is approx 110 to 115, shine the sun down into the room full force so that it gives you a HUGE migraine, play a recording of honking horns, angry Egyptians arguing, pipe in some diesel exhaust fumes every ten minutes without any vent to make it go away and for the piece de resistance.....................eat some really rancid kofta (kofka?) that makes you sh!t so bad you can't even walk for about three days.

We did sit in the outdoor cafes a few nights when we could pry our azzes off of the toilet and it was nice to people watch but I didn't last long either time since, although the fresh fruit juice was yummy, the smell of the diaper full of liquidy poop (yes I actually looked at it) that a mother tossed in a room behind where we were sitting combined with the dark black soot coming out of the cars kinda did me in.

Four times a day, when I could pry my azz off the toilet that is, I would soak in a cold cold tub and steam would literally come off of my body. Our flat had a/c...............for all of ten minutes until smoke came out of it and it sh!t the bed for good. My husband had the thrill of having it come out of both ends. True love is wanting to be intimate with a man who just puked his guts out and pizzed out his azz. :luv::luv::luv:

The nights that we spent with his sisters at his flat were fun. His sisters got a kick out of me. They are blessed enough to live on the 6th floor of a building that has NO ELEVATOR. :energetic: After the first trip up they got into a routine. We'd walk into the flat and the younger sister would rip off my hijab in record time while the older one squirted me with a water squirter. :blush: Then I'd strip to next to nothing and they'd keep squirting me till I was soaked and then I'd lay down on the bed and they'd put two huge fans on high facing me. That would make me feel 1/2 way normal.

So just take my advice. put that idea right out of your head, embrace the webcam, pamper yourself and take a few trips to that attic if you really really want to get the full Cairo/Alexandria experience ;)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

haha so true! i went to egypt in mid september and it was boiling too!!!

and morocco in july was pretty bad! and hey, its hot here in CA now too! (i guess i don't really love super hot weather!) :huh:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

The trip was not in vain though because now I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that my husband and I are very much in love. If we can get through that week of hell we can get through anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Welcome back Doodle. Hummmm no wonder my husband say's (baby you dont want to come here in the summer you will melt) If he dont get his visa by our 2nd anniversary we are making plans for me to go back. But that is in December and when i was there i froze :blink: Glad you made it back safely

Untitled.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was thinking about going in a month but :whistle: maybee I can wait till Novembe when I usually go, who knows maybee my love will be here by then.... Sounds like an exspensive week iin hell!!!! I spoke with my fiances young cousin this week I asked if he wants to come visit me in Americana and he asked "is it hot there" lol

happy your home safe and sound and hot or not im sure your husbands touch was worth it all

Water Girl

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

Yeah he knows of which he speaks ;)

I told him I felt like such a wimp and that Egyptians and Middle Easterners in general were really strong but he just said they're used to it. I'm sorry but I don't know how anyone can get used to living in those conditions, though people do it all over the world. I have a whole new respect.

I'm also very very very glad that my doctor gave me Cipro before I left. That stuff saved me!!!!!!!!!

BTW...if anyone goes to Alexandria, and you eat at Hosny's, do NOT, I repeat do NOT eat the kofta. I was fine the first day after eating there but I only had the salads and the chicken kabob. We had leftovers and the second day I ate his leftover kofta thinking that his illness was just part of his IBS that he has. WRONG. it was the kofta. I felt it like a few hours after eating it.

Oh and we ate one night at this Saudi restaurant. BLECK. I don't know if it's a good snapshot of their food but basically they baked a chicken with NO seasonings, boiled some rice with NO seasonings and served it with some salad ............... with no dressing. We were trying to figure out what they have against tasty food over there. :unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
Hahahaha!!!! I know what you're talking about...except for the rancid kofta and poopy diaper. :D After my trip last July it took a year to get over it. For a whole year I hated Egypt and swore I'd never go back.

But....you can't say we Egypt girls didn't warn ya. ;)

Welcome back!

OMG I went to crack one of the leb and it just smushed as did the peanuts and all I kept thinking of is how moody said it was soooo humid in Alexandria!!!! My hair is only a little bit curly at best and lemme tell ya I looked like I had a fro in Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Doodle you are so funny! :lol: And that experience sounds so traumatizing! :wacko:

Nothing like some good ole Egyptian heat and an upset stomach to bring the comedy.

You are right! The heat is awful - the humidity makes you miserable - and the fumes and pollution will make you sick! We were out the other day (in Cairo) in the early afternoon and it is actually more comfortable to ride in the car with the windows rolled up and ROAST than to open the windows and get smacked in the face with what feels like a hot frying pan full of sewage and exhaust! YUCK

We are going to Alex in about 2 weeks, and I don't look forward to the weather, but I love the night life and this time the younger siblings are going so we will do some more exciting stuff. I hope we don't run into any dirty diapers. :dead:

I heard that this past Friday a heat wave moved in to Egypt from KSA. Those days were the worst that I have had so far.

But, the worst heat I ever experienced was in Laredo, Texas in July. It was about 11:30pm and you could feel the heat coming off the pavement in waves. I couldn't breathe! The sun had been gone for hours and the streets were melting my poor sneakers. Literally - the rubber on the bottom of my shoes was softened from the heat! I was out in the heat for about 10 minutes and then decided to spent the rest of the time in the front seat of the car with AC on full blast!

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

bwahahahah :lol: toooooo funny and im about to make plans to go to Egypt in one month... possibly... i loved it there in Alex (L)

Hurry up and come Tamara! Try to plan your trip for the end of August. It will start to cool down here. But, the airfare will be ridiculous. September and October are comfortable months. I hope you come if Adam doesn't come to you first. (F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

I told him I felt like such a wimp and that Egyptians and Middle Easterners in general were really strong but he just said they're used to it. I'm sorry but I don't know how anyone can get used to living in those conditions, though people do it all over the world. I have a whole new respect.

:lol: You remind me of grant i had in West AFrica one summer. The other Americans there were from San Francisco, Boston, St. Paul, all these northern places where the summers just are not so extreme. I was the only one from a city that was as hot (and sometimes hotter) than Africa. I was hot, but fine. They were melting. You do get use to it, but no matter how use you are to it, it is still HOT!

September and October are comfortable months.

Remember Eid will fall mid October. I hope the airfares stay low!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.