31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok so the time is here for us to file the I-751, here is our list of evidence.... are we missing anything??

I-751

Check for $545.00

Copy of my Greencard (front and back)

2005 & 2006 joint tax returns

Deads for the house (naming us both as owners)

Mortgage statment (in both names)

Old Lease agreement (in both names and showing old address)

Statement from Joint checking account

Statement from joint savings account

Statement from joint credit card account (showing acctivity for both names)

Electric bill in husbands name

Gas bill in husbands name

Phone bill in my name

Car insurance (listing us both as drivers)

My health care proxy naming my husband

Life insurance policy for me (showing husband as beneficiary)

Life insurance policay for husband (showing me as beneficiary)

IRA in my name (showing husband as beneficiary)

IRA in husbands name (showing me as beneficiary)

Medical & Dental insurance Printout showing us both as being covered

401K in my name (showing husband as benificiary)

AAA membership in joint names

Reciept for furniture (in joint names and new address)

Alarm system agreament (in joint names and new address)

Travel Itinery from our trip to Scotland in 2006 (with boarding passes and photos from the trip)

Travel itinery from our trip to Orlando in May 2007 ( with boarding passes and photos)

Postcard from my Granddaughter (addressed to us both)

Postcards from my Parents from their round the world trip (addressed to us both)

An assortment of photos showing us on 4th July and other family occations

The last Valentines day cards we gave each other....

An I missing anything???

Kez

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add affidavits from 2 people and with what you have there is a GOOD chance they will not require an interview.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Add affidavits from 2 people and with what you have there is a GOOD chance they will not require an interview.

we submitted basically the same evidence with a few differences and no affidavits and we didn't have an interview...

I really think affidavits are not good evidence anyways... you could pay anybody to say stuff about you... I think they are looking for more hard evidence that you have an ongoing relationship/marriage...

affidavits are good I guess, if you don't have a lot of other evidence....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We are not including affidavits from 2 people as its not a requirement only an example.. and I think we should be ok... but if they feel we are lacking evidence then we will be happy to go to an interview....

Kez

Whatever!

The way I read the I-751 is to include the affidavits.

Even if I'm reading it wrong.

For me! The more ammo the better.

I really think affidavits are not good evidence anyways... you could pay anybody to say stuff about you... I think they are looking for more hard evidence that you have an ongoing relationship/marriage...

Yeah and you can make fake documents of ANYTHING also.

People who sign the affidavits "may" have to testify before a immigration officer which is hard to fake.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok so the time is here for us to file the I-751, here is our list of evidence.... are we missing anything??

I-751

Check for $545.00

Copy of my Greencard (front and back)

2005 & 2006 joint tax returns

Deads for the house (naming us both as owners)

Mortgage statment (in both names)

Old Lease agreement (in both names and showing old address)

Statement from Joint checking account

Statement from joint savings account

Statement from joint credit card account (showing acctivity for both names)

Electric bill in husbands name

Gas bill in husbands name

Phone bill in my name

Car insurance (listing us both as drivers)

My health care proxy naming my husband

Life insurance policy for me (showing husband as beneficiary)

Life insurance policay for husband (showing me as beneficiary)

IRA in my name (showing husband as beneficiary)

IRA in husbands name (showing me as beneficiary)

Medical & Dental insurance Printout showing us both as being covered

401K in my name (showing husband as benificiary)

AAA membership in joint names

Reciept for furniture (in joint names and new address)

Alarm system agreament (in joint names and new address)

Travel Itinery from our trip to Scotland in 2006 (with boarding passes and photos from the trip)

Travel itinery from our trip to Orlando in May 2007 ( with boarding passes and photos)

Postcard from my Granddaughter (addressed to us both)

Postcards from my Parents from their round the world trip (addressed to us both)

An assortment of photos showing us on 4th July and other family occations

The last Valentines day cards we gave each other....

An I missing anything???

Kez

The ones in bold above, no sense in sending those if you don't have joint names on them. They want joint proof!

Timeline

it is ok to send stuff in each other's name if it shows the same address....

I included some evidence with just my hubby's name and some with my name on it but they both showed the same address...

The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns,insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.

4. Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit:his or her full name and address; date and place of birth;relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I included some evidence with just my hubby's name and some with my name on it but they both showed the same address...

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns,insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.

4. Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit:his or her full name and address; date and place of birth;relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

If it passes, it passes.

OK so now you all have me worried..... you all think I do not have enough joint evidence??

Kez

You have a ton of joint evidence. About twice as much as mine did. I'm sure you'll sail through it.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Timeline
OK so now you all have me worried..... you all think I do not have enough joint evidence??

Kez

you have plenty of joint evidence.... :thumbs:

If it passes, it passes.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Well I am just going to have to go with what we have as I dont think we can add my name to any of the Utility bills... most will only allow one name on the account....

If anyone can think for anything that might make it a stronger case please feel free to comment...

Kez

Timeline
Well I am just going to have to go with what we have as I dont think we can add my name to any of the Utility bills... most will only allow one name on the account....

If anyone can think for anything that might make it a stronger case please feel free to comment...

Kez

you have plenty, believe me... we sent out basically the same amount.... :thumbs:

i think they look for a lot of financial evidence which you have a lot of... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

you are actually sending in more evidence then we did... you will be fine :thumbs:

just to give you an idea this is what we included in our package ....

copy of rental agreement

copy of car insurance

copy of one recent joint tax form

copy of 401K that states that I am the primary beneficiary

copy of health care statement showing that I am covered under hubby's health care insurance

copy of one recent joint gas bill

copy of one recent joint phone bill

copy of one recent joint cable bill

copy of recent bank statements

copy of paper showing that hubby added me to his bank account

Copy of some bills (Sirius, Netflix etc) with just hubby's name and our address on it

Copy of some bills with just my name on it and our address (recent electric bill etc..)

Some envelopes with both our names and address on them...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.