~~~water~~~

Why does it seem Egyptians/Arabs don't like dogs , and does anyone have any experience with how your SO adapted to your dog once they came.

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
In terms of influence, I would name Sheikh Nuh Keller as a person with more influence. The salafis on the web seem to think he's a bigger threat to them, considering how much they rail against him. Heck, I'd say quite a few of these people listed here have more influence in the muslim community than Dr. Khaled, and many advocate "traditional" islam and have spoken against wahabbism.

At least from my own personal, limited experience, I haven't seen Dr. Khaled have a wide influence, or any influence at all, in any muslim community I've been a part of.

These people are being attacked for their views not their criticism of wahhabism. None of them have come out to criticize it as Dr. Abou el Fadl as done. Imams and scholarly types don't need to be activist, but I think there is a big difference between them and him.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When my husband was in Jordan, he would always visit with my two min pins online. When he came here, he was ok and then he started not liking their noses to touch him, or their tongue, etc. He also stated he did not like small dogs and wanted me to trade in my two min pins for a large dog. One day I came home with another min pin in which i rescued from previous owners who just wanted to get rid of him so they could get another chihauaha, or however u spell it, lol. I still have my three and he wants me to get rid of at least one. He said the average american family has one to two dogs. Now Im a professional dog walker/pet care, etc. and I sure do see alot of american families with 3 dogs. Anyway, they dont' sleep in the bedroom anymore, that's where my husband prays, so no way can they go in there. I miss them in there. so they now sleep with my daughter and I also board a lot of dogs too. I get good money for it and he doesn't seem to mind that. He doesn't like the small dogs. As long as they don't sleep with him or touch him, he's cool. It's too bad though, I feel like I have angels around me all the time. So I don't believe at all in the Hadith. I believe the Hadith is man written and it contradicts the Quran.

Kelly, you have a special husband. It's great that Soyfan loves the dogs.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband told me about the hadith re dogs and that angels will not return to house once a dog has been inside. Yesterday he was taking out the trash and the neighbors dog brushed up against his leg. My husband was so aggravated by this and of course he immediately began the cleaning ritual with a long hot shower. I don't like dogs inside and have no pets so we don't have a problem except with the neighbors' dogs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.