doodlebug

interview summary

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

well the reality is that a huge number of visa applicants from that region ARE denied the tourist and lottery visas due to not meeting the requirements. When my husband was waiting for a few hours in the room in Casa he said he saw many many people denied. Fortunately he and I had already talked about the difference between our family based visa and some of the others so he knew he was in a different situation. I also had told him very very clearly that he would NOT get his visa the day he interviewed because there would be a period of administrative review.

I personally think its SO important to try to learn from each other and tell our SO's exactly what to expect (to the best of our abilities, anyway). My husband was certainly intimidated at the prospect of going through the whole interview at the U.S. consulate thing, particularly after hearing so many anecdotal tales of denials, and knowing what to expect made it much easier for him. Its one of those 'ounce of prevention' type things. So maybe from now on make sure those guys going through egypt KNOW about the stupid TV thing, without scaring any one too much about the hellish interviewers. Remaining calm is key.

Doodle, I know you are at a peak time in all of this process but it sounds like aside from the pictures that were requested you guys are ok. Easier said than done, but it sure sounds like your man needs you to be the strong stable one right now and he's needing some reassurance. Be a rock. and again, easier said than done but try to just blow off the sex question. as someone else said, it must be a fair game question because it does come up from time to time. maybe later down the road it would in fact be good to send a formal complaint but now is not really the time to let it send you over the edge.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this sort of question should not be asked, but I have heard of it happening in other countries too. Usually countries with strong cultural norms. I think once it happened to someone interviewing in India, a place where sex outside of marriage is still strongly frowned on. So they may ask to find out if the relationship was based on sex or love. But I rarely hear about that question being asked so it might just be a rare occurrence.

It happened right here in California, too, so it really doesn't matter who, what, when, or where.

Good point. I remember reading that it happens all over. And I also knew that people get asked very personal questions during the AOS interview. So, it was definitely discussed with my husband that he could get asked the question at any point. Doodle's husband may even get asked that question again in the future.

It is a fact of life, but it still rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But, then again, almost every part of immigration is bothersome in some aspect.

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
I agree that this sort of question should not be asked, but I have heard of it happening in other countries too. Usually countries with strong cultural norms. I think once it happened to someone interviewing in India, a place where sex outside of marriage is still strongly frowned on. So they may ask to find out if the relationship was based on sex or love. But I rarely hear about that question being asked so it might just be a rare occurrence.

It happened right here in California, too, so it really doesn't matter who, what, when, or where.

Good point. I remember reading that it happens all over. And I also knew that people get asked very personal questions during the AOS interview. So, it was definitely discussed with my husband that he could get asked the question at any point. Doodle's husband may even get asked that question again in the future.

It is a fact of life, but it still rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But, then again, almost every part of immigration is bothersome in some aspect.

We got it in AOS, when we were interviewed separately & then together, to see if it matched.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband was told several times he was approved for the interview by the CO and that they would call him in 1-2 months for his passport... he was handed a white paper with his name, CRO# and AP and send passport checked off... so its not a bad thing that he got a paper... if he was denied he would KNOW it... so its all good doodle ... just do whatever is needed (photos) i think u said... and get that finished ASAP so the AP can begin... and be sure to call DOS and ask them the status of ur case... just to see whats going on in washington....

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Doodle, glad to see you back home in one piece. Sorry to hear your vacation was made bad by sickness and heat. As far as the visa issuance, well, I think maybe someone forgot to send their mojo for us. It'll all come thru in the end tho, we've made it this far without a total meltdown, now it seems we just take it in stride while waiting for the other shoe to fall. Good luck and keep a chin up.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Hey Doodle, glad to see you back home in one piece. Sorry to hear your vacation was made bad by sickness and heat. As far as the visa issuance, well, I think maybe someone forgot to send their mojo for us. It'll all come thru in the end tho, we've made it this far without a total meltdown, now it seems we just take it in stride while waiting for the other shoe to fall. Good luck and keep a chin up.

Heyyyy I sent Mojo Burritos and Mojo Meat Seasoning !!

But here's another dose to help you sail over the hump:

4kybcqh.jpg

Hope your processing goes fast !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Doodle just reading your post and wanted to reassure you that the CO not keeping his passport is not an issue. It depends on the CO and how he/she handles each case. Mian's passport was not kept, he was not asked to pay a courier fee, and was not given a token. He was given two sheets of paper one was blue and stated it was a 221(g) and we just needed some additional AP. The other was a form letter stating our case was in AP and to call them after 45 days passed if he had not heard from them. This is a joke on this estimate for Islamabad now they are saying months which is correct for the consulate we processed through.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=2442

Blue 221(g) copy

I do not have a scanned copy of the white form letter on my pc. Some cosulates also use different colors so do not worry too much if you have white forms instead of blue, green or pink.

Hang in there!

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.