Oleksandra

Tourist visa and K3?PLEASE HELP!!!

21 posts in this topic

Hello!

We am making a CR1 and K3 for about 5 month ,and as it is very hard to wait till this process will be finished we are curious weather someone know soemthing weather it is possible to make a tourist visa while we are waiting for CR1 or K3 or we dont have any chances?

Anxiously wait for your advices and may be for your experience!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
no chance.................

Ukraine to USA tourist visa is probably not going to work. The US citizen visiting the Ukraine spouse is the best bet. A few countries have both choices available but most foreign fiance(e)s and spouses cannot visit the US during the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Ukraine to USA tourist visa is probably not going to work. The US citizen visiting the Ukraine spouse is the best bet. A few countries have both choices available but most foreign fiance(e)s and spouses cannot visit the US during the process.

Hi there...my wife and I got married in 07-07-2006. K-3 initiated in 03-02-07. As a matter of fact, on her last visit which was in April, the officer at the Malaysian embassy gave her the visitor/tourist visa upon seing the NOA1.

Good luck.

\Please clarify. Are you saying it's not allowed or they won't qualify?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Technically it is certainly allowed but from most countries a visitor visa will not be granted to a single female whether a petition is filed or not. The chances are even slimmer when in the midst of a family based visa process.

On the flip side, we must have people from Canada asking a similar question daily. The answer is quite different.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Why you are so sure about Ukraine?

I recently on another forum read that 2 girls form my country that was making a CR1 visa could get a tourist visa,besides them there was 20 girls that could get a tourist visa while waiting for K3,and only 1 gilr that could get a tourist visa while making a K1

Technically it is certainly allowed but from most countries a visitor visa will not be granted to a single female whether a petition is filed or not. The chances are even slimmer when in the midst of a family based visa process.

On the flip side, we must have people from Canada asking a similar question daily. The answer is quite different.

Timeline

I'm not sure and my statements don't indicate that. It sounds like you already have your answer. Why did you bother to ask?

Why you are so sure about Ukraine?

I recently on another forum read that 2 girls form my country that was making a CR1 visa could get a tourist visa,besides them there was 20 girls that could get a tourist visa while waiting for K3,and only 1 gilr that could get a tourist visa while making a K1

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I'm not sure and my statements don't indicate that. It sounds like you already have your answer. Why did you bother to ask?

Why do you waste peoples time when you aren't sure. Please be a bit more accurate on your post!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Why do you waste peoples time when you aren't sure. Please be a bit more accurate on your post!

Perhaps a trip to "chances" and "probably" in your local dictionary would assist you. See if they sound like "sure" to you.

The fact is that there are always certain people from any country who will be granted visitor visas where others will not. It's circumstantial but most people's circumstances don't cut the mustard when they live in the countries where visitor visas are difficult generally.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

ive read from different threads re applying a tourist visa while on the process of family based visa. I believe there's really lil chances to get grant tourist visa since ure already in the middle of ur process. Since most people intend not to go back in their countries.

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My estimation is the chance would be good, but its only $100 so fill the form in and have a go.

Then you will have the absolute certain answer you seem to require.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We were just hoping to hear from some more people, in particular from Ukraine or Russia, that tried this.

It's very difficult to prove the strong ties back to Ukraine, but I remember someone from VJ in the past had filed for DCF in Ukraine. Unfortunately, his wife had her interview scheduled for Jan. 23, 2007...the day they killed DCF for a little while, and they sent her home instead of granting the visa. After this, they applied for the visitor visa arguing it would be insane to not return when they were so close to being done. The embassy agreed and they were granted a 5 year multiple visit tourist visa!

So that's what makes us think this may be possible and we are going to argue something similarly...that the I-130 interview is one of the reasons my wife will definately be returning to Ukraine...after waiting 5+ months already that there is no way we would abandon this! On one hand I can see it succeeding and on the other hand I don't think the odds are great. Has anyone from Ukraine or Russia tried this recently? It would be great to see what other info we can come up with!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We were just hoping to hear from some more people, in particular from Ukraine or Russia, that tried this.

It's very difficult to prove the strong ties back to Ukraine, but I remember someone from VJ in the past had filed for DCF in Ukraine. Unfortunately, his wife had her interview scheduled for Jan. 23, 2007...the day they killed DCF for a little while, and they sent her home instead of granting the visa. After this, they applied for the visitor visa arguing it would be insane to not return when they were so close to being done. The embassy agreed and they were granted a 5 year multiple visit tourist visa!

So that's what makes us think this may be possible and we are going to argue something similarly...that the I-130 interview is one of the reasons my wife will definately be returning to Ukraine...after waiting 5+ months already that there is no way we would abandon this! On one hand I can see it succeeding and on the other hand I don't think the odds are great. Has anyone from Ukraine or Russia tried this recently? It would be great to see what other info we can come up with!

It is best to listen to the advice from someone with specific experience with your consulate, otherwise advice containing potentially innacurate generalities will be heard. For those who want an answer from someone with an SO from Ukraine who actually did receive a tourist visa while waiting for CR1/K3 you might find it helpful to PM VJ memeber John and Sonya. It might also be a good idea to a search and read some of the posts describing there situation and what they did.

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

From personal experience I know it's possible, it's not 100% it all depends the Ukraine citizen has enough evidence to convince the officer at the embassy. Honestly I think it is worth a try... it's your decision. I don't think that anybody here will ever tell you that you will get a tourist visa. Immigration in the US is not a perfect science :(

Take all the evidence you have and if you have some extra money to pay for the fee, try!

Good luck

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.