jonandmary

The road ahead (K1)

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
This Montreal thing is making me question my faith in my immigration attorney. :(

In fact if this process could take 9 months on average but could easily take more I really have to get rolling soon with this.

For example: Jaseball posted that it is good for 6 months and you have to get married with in 90 days. I've read in other places and been told by my attorney that it is 4 months (and possible to get another 4 month extension) and then we have to get married with in 30 days of her arriving.

My NOA 2 is good for 4 month ( will try to e mail montreal for an extension ) once she arrives in the states you guys got 90 days to get married from date of arrival

Yes, and if the consulate is taking a long time to schedule an interview, they usually automatically extend it. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
This Montreal thing is making me question my faith in my immigration attorney. :(

In fact if this process could take 9 months on average but could easily take more I really have to get rolling soon with this.

For example: Jaseball posted that it is good for 6 months and you have to get married with in 90 days. I've read in other places and been told by my attorney that it is 4 months (and possible to get another 4 month extension) and then we have to get married with in 30 days of her arriving.

The "4 months" is a non issue. You have either misunderstood or your attorney has. As has been suggested, it will be well worth your time to read the guides.

The 4 months is the official validity of the I-129F petition's "approval". The visa is supposed to be issued by that time but routinely they are not. Consular Officers can extend the validity as long as is needed, if they want to and they routinely do. Again, it is a non-issue.

Once the visa is in the passport, she has 6 months to use it. Once she uses it, you have 90 days to get married in the US. Once she uses the K1 visa, entering the US again could be dicy without advanced parole.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I am starting to get a handle on all this. The guides are great! I think I might do the K1 all by myself.

I am starting to gather all the info of trips, pictures, and all the data I need. :)

Our Time line:

Met online in 1999

Met in Toronto May 2006

Engaged April 2007 Niagara Falls

K-1 Sent August 10th 2007 (CSC)

K-1 Received August 13th 2007

NOA1 September 26th 2007

NOA2 January 25th 2008

NVC Received February 1st 2008

NVC Sent to MTL February 5th 2008

Packet 3 Received February 19th 2008

Checklist Delivered to MTL February 29th 2008

Medical Exam March 6th 2008

Interview in MTL May 16th 2008 (Approved)

Received Visa May 21st 2008

Move from Canada September 1st 2008

POE @ Pearson Toronto - September 12th 2008

Wedding October 11th 2008

AOS Sent October 17th 2008 (REJECTED OCT 21st)

AOS RE-Sent October 27th 2008

NOA's Received November 6th 2008

RFE (No W2's/1099's) November 12th 2008

Biometrics Appointment November 24th 2008

Case sent to CSC December 3rd 2008

Bunch of Touches in January

Card Production Ordered February 27th 2008

Baby Adam born October 11th 2010 (2 year anniversary)

I-171 NOA Received December 17th 2010

quick question - I am going thru all the forms now. If Nebraska is no longer processing applications how do I know which center to send it to?

Our Time line:

Met online in 1999

Met in Toronto May 2006

NOA1 September 26th 2007

NOA2 January 25th 2008

Thank you all very much. Between the guides and examples I have pretty much hammered the K-1 out tonight. I dont mind that the rates went up. It's still a lot less than paying the attorney to do the K-1.

The only thing that was not really documented in the guides is the supplement to how we met in person. I just wrote out a full sheet about a summary of the first times we met and how we have been meeting ever since. Also a brief explanation of the proof of meeting and ongoing relationship.

This is going to be one tall stack of papers. I assume its alright to paperclip and label things for the sake of organization.

Thanks again!

btw - I run my own large internet forum (600,000+ Page loads a day) .... so I really know how hard it is to put up with a newbie sometimes ;)

Our Time line:

Met online in 1999

Met in Toronto May 2006

NOA1 September 26th 2007

NOA2 January 25th 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Thank you all very much. Between the guides and examples I have pretty much hammered the K-1 out tonight. I dont mind that the rates went up. It's still a lot less than paying the attorney to do the K-1.

The only thing that was not really documented in the guides is the supplement to how we met in person. I just wrote out a full sheet about a summary of the first times we met and how we have been meeting ever since. Also a brief explanation of the proof of meeting and ongoing relationship.

This is going to be one tall stack of papers. I assume its alright to paperclip and label things for the sake of organization.

Thanks again!

btw - I run my own large internet forum (600,000+ Page loads a day) .... so I really know how hard it is to put up with a newbie sometimes ;)

Make sure to mention the supplement on the I129F form and sign and date the supplement if you have not done so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

quick work! :)

we found the sample forms invaluable when getting our I-129F package together, and my fiance wrote his statement of meeting loosely based on the one there... link at the top of the page, or click here

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Hi Jon,

Best of luck on your new journey! You've been given invaluable information here, and you'll find that the Guides are excellent. As stated earlier, your finace will have to be processed through Montreal, so you're looking at a long time until your interview. Great that you're getting your package out now.

Any specific questions on Montreal Consulate, or just for general Canuckian support, please make sure you visit the Canada forum here on VJ!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

we found the sample forms invaluable when getting our I-129F package together, and my fiance wrote his statement of meeting loosely based on the one there... link at the top of the page, or click here

If you wouldnt mind - I've been thru the guides and examples. I cant find anything that resembles the supplement. I understand everyone's meetings are different, I do not want a template. I just do not know if they are more concerned with times and dates, or frequency, or writing it more like a story.

Is it bad to have too much information?

So far I have:

10 photos taken over the past year

Passport stamps scanned

7 flight itineraries for me

3 receipts from one trip

6 scan of boarding passes for Mary's flights

As far as the ongoing relationship:

a card / envelope Mary mailed to me

three recent emails

engagement ring receipt

last 3 months phone bills showing calls to my calling card and messages from mary's cell

(Mary's phone records should show the most calling since she has a unlimited north American calling plan.)

Our Time line:

Met online in 1999

Met in Toronto May 2006

NOA1 September 26th 2007

NOA2 January 25th 2008

Filed: Timeline

If you wouldnt mind - I've been thru the guides and examples. I cant find anything that resembles the supplement. I understand everyone's meetings are different, I do not want a template. I just do not know if they are more concerned with times and dates, or frequency, or writing it more like a story.

So far I have:

Passport stamps scanned

3 receipts from one trip

three recent emails

engagement ring receipt

last 3 months phone bills showing calls to my calling card and messages from mary's cell

(Mary's phone records should show the most calling since she has a unlimited north American calling plan.)

Too much information may dilute the picture. Send what is needed to prove you met within 2 years, that's it. Ongoing proof is not needed til interview.

I sent passport stamps highlighted, 6 photos, 2 matching boarding passes for me & him, 2 emails, 2 pages of phone calls, engagement ring receipt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So far I have:

Passport stamps scanned

3 receipts from one trip

three recent emails

engagement ring receipt

thats basicialy all you need in efidance for now , the rest like recives and stuff you can keep colecting for the interview , as for the letter how you guys met ( funny thing is , i kinda met my fiance the same way as you guys did ) we typed the letter exactly how you explained your relationship on your first post here , they accapted it no problem , one more thing if incase eather of you where married in the past , make sure you include a divorce certificate , ( we forgot to include it , cost us a almost 3 month delay with the RFE till we got aproved ) good luck Lona

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.